Debate Alexander the Great vs Julius Caesar: Who was the Greatest Commander in the Ancient World?

Not really, most Balkan/South Slavs had already settled within Byzantine by this point. The Avars conquered the east Slavs, some Germanic tribes, Daco-Romans etc -
My point included the fact that the East Roman/Byzantine emperor Basil the Second, known as Bulgar-Slayer for obvious reasons, subjected all the South Slavs up to the Danube in the early 11th century.

In any case, thee Balkan Slavs were subjected to foreign rule for much of their Balkan history, Avars initially , Ninth Century Franks in some western parts like Carinthia and Slovenia, Venetians on the coast and the Kingdom of Hungary inland and then finally the Ottomans from the 15th to early 20th centuries.

My point included the fact that the East Roman/Byzantine emperor Basil the Second, known as Bulgar-Slayer for obvious reasons, subjected all the South Slavs up to the Danube in the early 11th century.

In any case, thee Balkan Slavs were subjected to foreign rule for much of their Balkan history, Avars initially , Ninth Century Franks in some western parts like Carinthia and Slovenia, Venetians on the coast and the Kingdom of Hungary inland and then finally the Ottomans from the 15th to early 20th centuries.

Avars never made it to the Balkans, like I said they conquered germanics and east slavs

Maybe this is an avar line but looks too recent, what do you think? -

More avar possibilities here -

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 2013 times.

Back