Advisor
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
Bomba Calabrese is probably the most well known, I've seen typically made with Pepperoncini. People in my region (Puglia) also do it as well, in my dad's town they call it "prica-prac". I love it, I am a big fan of spicy food.

Here's my take on it with Ghost peppers, which would make it more like a nuclear bomb:

XgSBpdOl.jpg

I took a bunch of ghost peppers, added salt, black pepper, olive oil, and pureed it with a machine.

I had to wear a mask, big sunglasses to protect my eyes, and latex gloves. I also did this outside in the backyard. This is extremely hot, and you don't want to handle it bare handed, or it will literally take you 20 washes to get it off your hands.

Once the jar is finished, I want to make another with Carolina Reaper peppers.

pu4VEhrl.png

Ooh! I've had this once before but have been interested in maybe seeking it out again, or perhaps making it since it seems so simple from your description.

I did make a peach and jalepeno jam once. It had good flavor but I went a little light on the boiling stage and didn't add enough pectin. I wonder if there are Bomba spreads which have a spicy-sweet mix? Like, bits of mango could be yummy.

The ghost peppers already has a smokey taste to it, almost like bacon.

I want to see if the carolina reaper would be better for Bomba. I find the smokey taste to clash too much with food I put it on. However, I think it would be a great idea to use some of it as a base for a barbeque marinade:

I have dried ghost peppers pureed in olive oil with salt and black pepper in a mason jar. could I take some of the contents of that, put it in a Ziplock bag; pour some red wine in, diced garlic, Montreal steak spice, Worchester sauce, lemon juice, rosemary, and use it as a marinade for meat like skirt steak?

ChatGPT4:

Yes, you could definitely use the contents of your pureed ghost pepper mixture as a base for a marinade. The additional ingredients you mentioned, such as red wine, garlic, Montreal steak spice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and rosemary, would complement the flavor of the ghost pepper and help balance the heat.

Here's a possible recipe for a ghost pepper marinade:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup pureed ghost pepper in olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Montreal steak spice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb skirt steak
Directions:

In a large Ziplock bag, combine the pureed ghost pepper, red wine, minced garlic, Montreal steak spice, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Add the skirt steak to the bag, seal it, and massage the marinade into the meat.
Marinate the steak in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
When ready to cook, remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
Grill or broil the steak to your desired doneness.
Let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your spicy and flavorful ghost pepper marinade!

I am planning to make "Bomba del Mietitore di Carolina"

i.e. Minced Carolina Reaper peppers in olive oil, with some salt inside of a large Mason jar.

If you aerosol the content of this bomba, it is probably worse than mace.

gJ95gpml.jpg

Last edited:
I am planning to make "Bomba del Mietitore di Carolina"

i.e. Minced Carolina Reaper peppers in olive oil, with some salt inside of a large Mason jar.

If you aerosol the content of this bomba, it is probably worse than mace.

gJ95gpml.jpg

Looks like it would be a weaker (yet still potent and illegal ) version of pepper spray:

ZXcGYOrl.png

This thread has been viewed 2115 times.

Back