Future Saudi King orders arrest of several corrupt royals, ministers, and businessmen

I assure you that democracy isn't coming anytime soon, and even if it would it will only be fake and real power is still his. People don't care either way, Two things only the people anxiously desire ? bread and circuses.

He probably sees himself as an enlightened despot, and he is making enemies with the former order but presumes that his popularity with the people will protect him from any counterattck, I am not sure about that, the general populace may not be brave enough to stand against anything.

nobody knows his real intentions nor where this will end

I agree with you.
The geo-political balances in the Middle East, first of all, depends from the war within the Saudi Royal Family.
This Prince in the past, had business relations with Trump, but in 2015 he publicly attacked Trump, saying that he is a shame for the United States and for the Republicans.

I assure you that democracy isn't coming anytime soon, and even if it would it will only be fake and real power is still his. People don't care either way, Two things only the people anxiously desire � bread and circuses.

He probably sees himself as an enlightened despot, and he is making enemies with the former order but presumes that his popularity with the people will protect him from any counterattck, I am not sure about that, the general populace may not be brave enough to stand against anything.

It's not that he see himself as an enlightened despot. He knows, or it is supposed that he knows, how his citizens want to see him.

This thread has been viewed 2511 times.

Back