- Reaction score
- Ethnic group
- Down Under
- Y-DNA haplogroup
- T1a2 - Z19945
- mtDNA haplogroup
i see that causal reasoning is not your stronger side.... so let me help you understand why this idea makes sense (which does not mean its necessarily correct)
1) most of west and south Slavs have genetics (R1a- M458 and I2a-din) that indicates that their ancestors were in Europe much much before E-V13, J2 people and R1b people....with east Slavs whose R1a is of same type as the one in Nordic countries and parts of Asia its more difficult to prove this.. but from what we know about genetics we can be sure that at least core of people from whom west and south Slavs origin were in Europe in ancient times.. in fact R1a-M458 is clearly unprecedentedly ancient old in Serbia, which is why I relate Pelasgians (= field/flatland/sea people) with Poles (Poljaci = field/flatland people - Slavic "polje" = field) - this is further confirmed by south Slavs being distinguished from surrounding peoples by I2a-din and not by R1a, and from what I looked into a year ago also by elevated R1a in the areas where Pelasgians remained in ancient Greece...I2a-Din shows clear spread along Danube from Bohemia to Black sea
2) Russian primary chronicle states that Danubian Slavs have moved from Danube area to Vistula area when Roman empire (Vlakhs) entered their lands and started molesting them... among those who moved it explicitly mentions Serbs and Croats
3) Roman empire spread to Danube before 0AD
4) Pliny records around 50-70 AD that in Vistula area live Scirii and Hirri, Sarmati and Venedi...he records no one else, just those 4 tribes... hence among them are Danubian Slavs, Serbs and Croats
5) around 500 AD Slavic people are recorded on large territory from Black sea shores north of Carpathians all the way to Bohemia and east Germany.... as the map shows, area of Vltava is in the middle of that spread indicating that area of Vltava might indeed have been core area of early Slavs
and some bonus homework for you:if for Roman writers later Slaveni are transcribed as Sclaveni
than Scirii/Scirians were in fact Sirians or Serians....
Hirri are easily same people as Heruli but recorded in different times
Serians are mentioned by Seneca as living along Danube in Europe and in various areas of Asia and also rulling over scattered Scythians....
Scordisci live around Danube..they disappear from history when Roman empire reaches them...
they disappear or they are just recorded under the same name under which Seneca records them around Danube and in east Europe and in Asia - Serians or in the way Roman historian would write it Scirian
now the link to the book given above shows that Scirii are alos find in Bavaria/Bohemia, which is area from which Serbs come to Balkan according to recorded history...
Heruli on other hand disappear from history maps on place where state of white Croats appear a bit later..
Your biggest fault you have is to continuosly assume that what is now was in the bronze and iron ages. your map should never have been placed on the forum because it does not represent pliny's times but the period around 500-600AD , that 500 years difference. ........understand 500 years.
the sarmatians at the time of pliny where eastern persian people, actually depends on which sarmatians.
Sarmatae is in origin probably just one of several tribal names of the Sarmatians which came to be applied to the entire group as an exonym in Greco-Roman ethnography. Strabo in the 1st century names as the main tribes of the Sarmatians the Iazyges, the Roxolani, the Aorsi and the Siraces.
the roxolani where near the black sea, iazyges, next to them, so the "vistula" sarmatians where the Aorsi (alans) or Siraces.
the alans where from ossetia and the Siraces from the caucasus mountains region
map is original slavs, who can base their true homeland around modern Kiev.
Danubian slavs? ....thats a dream, you need to say the thracian dacians or Getaes.
I already noted that russian geneologists have ruled out one marker of the I2a-Din which is in the balkans but not in the ukraine. and there marker of I2a-Din emerged in ukraine only in the year 250AD. Clearly a date when the scirii who had already migrated from eastern germany to the danube basin fought with the celts against the sarmatians ( roxolani )
the origins of the south slavs are as follows from their own scholars
Slovenians = always lived in the area a mix of illyric, celtic and venetic people
serbians = thracians
croatians = persians
bosnians = dardanians who migrated from anatolia
Bulgarians = turkic people
These tribes in the balkans learned slavic by firstly the turkic bulgars who learned it and then by severians from eastern ukraine who moved as far south as thessally in 600AD.
the only "true" slavs who came from the map included where the Poles who originated in eastern Kiev.
this theory that I2a-din came from slavs is truly false. Because I believe by facts and logic that it originated in central europe more than 700 years before the slavs entered europe ( as in eastern poland to moldovia )
EDIT - you need to get your hands on this book, which updates every 20 years and basically notes all ancient historians and concludes what they where trying to say
Researches Into the Physical History of Mankind: Ethnography of Europe. 3d ...
By James Cowles Prichard