qh777

Reaction score
Ethnic group
English, Scottish, Irish, French, German, Belgian
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2/J-M67/ J2a1b
mtDNA haplogroup
H/ H1/H1ao
According to 23andme that's my Y-haplogroup. Anyone have any additional information on it? It's probably not boiled down enough but is it carried by Armenians,Phoenicians,Greeks,South Italy?

In addition, I'd like to know if it's referred to as J2a1b or J2a4b? J-M172 is also known as J2 right? Correct me if I'm wrong but it goes like this J-M304 > J-M172(J2) > J-M67(J2a1b,J2a4b)?

In addition, I'd like to know if it's referred to as J2a1b or J2a4b? J-M172 is also known as J2 right? Correct me if I'm wrong but it goes like this J-M304 > J-M172(J2) > J-M67(J2a1b,J2a4b)?
Where do your paternal line ancestora come from?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk

Belgium 🇧🇪 if you strictly mean my paternal. My Fathers side are Belgian,English,German,Irish,possibly Scottish. That’s from looking at the family tree and surnames going back to the mid to late 1800s from Ancestry and using findagrave.

Belgium 🇧🇪 if you strictly mean my paternal. My Fathers side are Belgian,English,German,Irish,possibly Scottish. That’s from looking at the family tree and surnames going back to the mid to late 1800s from Ancestry and using findagrave.
Hmmn, I'm J2a from Germany near Mainz, not many J2a's in Belgium or Germany, most likely arrived with Romans.

Hmmn, I'm J2a from Germany near Mainz, not many J2a's in Belgium or Germany, most likely arrived with Romans.
That’s what I’ve read in a couple of places. Especially in northwestern Europe j2 is speculated to come from Roman expansion. I think on 23&me the site mentioned that J2 is most common in southern Italy and Greece. I’m still thinking about doing the big y test ftdna offers. It’s quite expensive.

Didn't expect this but after merging 4 of my raw dna files on dnagenics it gave a me access to some other paid reports for free.
1711937624476.png

This thread has been viewed 1861 times.

Back