Modern Italians who resemble busts from the classical era

If Germans have introduced upwards of 20% to the modern Italian ethnogenesis and imperial Romans were East Med shifted is there a possibility that it might be a bit difficult to find modern Italians that resemble these older busts ? That ancient Roman in Britian does not really resemble Mark Ruffalo all that much.

This thread is a few years old and newer findings have been found.

What do you think ??

Last edited:
If Germans have introduced upwards of 20% to the modern Italian ethnogenesis and imperial Romans were East Med shifted is there a possibility that it might be a bit difficult to find modern Italians that resemble these older busts ? That ancient Roman in Britian does not really resemble Mark Ruffalo all that much.

This thread is a few years old and newer findings have been found.

What do you think ??
I would tell you that PCA-based analysis is bogus:

RDPnekB.png

2aVxeGS.png

Jgwbwwg.jpg

That my these charts are consistent with academic analysis
EZfMl3N.png

Also that EAST MED didn't last even past Late antiquity, and it was C6 a local source that already had CHG/IN that mixed with IA Italians.

QjYjNW2.jpg

Do Italians look like Romans?

AI thinks I look like a Roman Emperor:

FNuz37W.png

I would tell you that PCA-based analysis is bogus:

RDPnekB.png

2aVxeGS.png

Jgwbwwg.jpg

That my these charts are consistent with academic analysis
EZfMl3N.png

Also that EAST MED didn't last even past Late antiquity, and it was C6 a local source that already had CHG/IN that mixed with IA Italians.

QjYjNW2.jpg

Do Italians look like Romans?

AI thinks I look like a Roman Emperor:

FNuz37W.png
Ok yeh I can see it being bogus but if the east med is from a local source why have they promoted the idea that Rome underwent a population change that again changed after the Germanic tribes invaded...I did think it was just selection bias.

Yes of course Italians resemble ancient Romans i was just theorising that if we are going by some of the more recent papers then some modern Italians aren't going to fit the mold because they lack the East Med components or have too much Germanic ancestry.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 66751 times.

Back