Neolithic Refuge and Continuity in Transylvania

I hope they present us uniparentals, because I don't trust general autosomal similarities anyway, they can be so misleading. If Roman legionaries from elsewhere came, they should have brought their yDNA as well. I'm sure they did, even Illyrian miners came, but the question is the proportion. Also which proportion of the local population practised cremation and how this might skew results, just like in Viminacium, where without cremation, the relative percentage of E-V13 would have been way higher.

I hope they present us uniparentals, because I don't trust general autosomal similarities anyway, they can be so misleading. If Roman legionaries from elsewhere came, they should have brought their yDNA as well. I'm sure they did, even Illyrian miners came, but the question is the proportion. Also which proportion of the local population practised cremation and how this might skew results, just like in Viminacium, where without cremation, the relative percentage of E-V13 would have been way higher.

I read up on the issue of Roman settlement, it looks like colonization was quite intensive, but Thracian and Illyrian settlers were quite minor, 5% combined. It's safe to say that if any E-V13 shows up, it has strong chance of being a local. It would be even more helpful if the samples from the Celtic period are published so we can have context in comparing aDNA and Y-DNA with pre and post-Roman period.
I don't want to see another Serbian style paper where samples from pre-Roman period are missing and they force chimera style models of Croatia IA plus a Anatolian+Levant component, most of these models did not even pass in Qpdam, but they still showed them.

This thread has been viewed 2777 times.

Back