AncestryDNA Question about my test

Cris

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Tuscan
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c2
Hello, I have received my results from Ancestry and it seems to me that they are pretty accurate. I'm from Florence and its area (Mugello and Fiesole)

Ancestry1.jpg

I would like to ask you about parent 1 and parent 2. How do I know which one is my father and which one is my mother? Both of them are from the same area and, since I know my genealogy at least until the 1600, none of them has french ancestors.

Immagine 2023-06-18 100316.png

Thank you very much!!

Hello, I have received my results from Ancestry and it seems to me that they are pretty accurate. I'm from Florence and its area (Mugello and Fiesole)

View attachment 13938

I would like to ask you about parent 1 and parent 2. How do I know which one is my father and which one is my mother? Both of them are from the same area and, since I know my genealogy at least until the 1600, none of them has french ancestors.

View attachment 13939

Thank you very much!!

In your case, probably the best strategy would be to examine your DNA matches. Since you know your genealogy, see if you can identify a match who has linked their family tree and who can be connected to either your mother's or father's side by genealogy. It would only take one such confirmed match to identify parent 1 and parent 2. If that doesn't work, try to persuade a cousin or other relative who is related to only one of your parents to take an Ancestry DNA test.

This thread has been viewed 929 times.

Back