Share Your IllustrativeDNA results Ancient and Modern

Hmmm yes, the Vahaduo does seem more usual for my location...
Yes the mix looks more like what I have seen from academic admix charts.

I don't like the Illustrativedna neolithic list/calculator. It does not differentiate between WHG and EHG.
Heres mine:
1712787986556.png

I'm suspecting that Illustrative is using the late neolithic Anatolian farmers from Barcin. As I mentioned before, the barcin samples have Natufian admix as well. Based on my list I do have elevated Natufian admix where usually its 0 or close to 0 in Britain, Ireland and Scandinavia. Since it's not too high these calculators I suspect will only assign me Turkey Barcin for the Anatolian Farmer component.
Using my list I'll show you. The big limitation is that I'm using modern averages. Individuals may differ. However, it does make sense that these areas will show less Natufian. These places are geographically further away from the Levant than countries in southern Europe and would naturally display less.
1712788759083.png

1712788788422.png

1712788830950.png

Your Natufian says more southern than France I suppose! Or are you Jewish at all, perhaps?
With my Y-Haplo and results that I've seen it makes me wonder. I've found no Jewish ancestors to date. Again, I would like to hire a professional genealogist if I had more disposable income. I will say that Natufian is present in Italians and Spaniards as well.

1712789188747.png

1712789272309.png

And in southern France too:

1712789296837.png

This is the result using the MH coordinates instead of 22andME - Much more in line with Wales
MH VAHA NEOLITHIC.png

Yes the mix looks more like what I have seen from academic admix charts.

I don't like the Illustrativedna neolithic list/calculator. It does not differentiate between WHG and EHG.
Heres mine:
View attachment 15918
I'm suspecting that Illustrative is using the late neolithic Anatolian farmers from Barcin. As I mentioned before, the barcin samples have Natufian admix as well. Based on my list I do have elevated Natufian admix where usually its 0 or close to 0 in Britain, Ireland and Scandinavia. Since it's not too high these calculators I suspect will only assign me Turkey Barcin for the Anatolian Farmer component.
Using my list I'll show you. The big limitation is that I'm using modern averages. Individuals may differ. However, it does make sense that these areas will show less Natufian. These places are geographically further away from the Levant than countries in southern Europe and would naturally display less.
View attachment 15919
View attachment 15920
View attachment 15921

With my Y-Haplo and results that I've seen it makes me wonder. I've found no Jewish ancestors to date. Again, I would like to hire a professional genealogist if I had more disposable income. I will say that Natufian is present in Italians and Spaniards as well.

View attachment 15922
View attachment 15923

And in southern France too:

View attachment 15924
Yes It did cross my mind, did check out the spread of it via FTDNA could be possible...

What is your Ashkenazi score on JTest Gedmatch? Above 10% is likely to be, I read before I think 🤷‍♂️

Yes It did cross my mind, did check out the spread of it via FTDNA could be possible...

What is your Ashkenazi score on JTest Gedmatch? Above 10% is likely to be, I read before I think 🤷‍♂️
1712846061506.png

Eurogenes k13:

My kit number for my merged file: KB7910696
1712846184458.png

2-way oracle:

1712846261308.png

1712846481194.png

I like showing 2-way because:
1712846702186.png

DNAgenics has 2 verions of the 2-way but the "Mixed Mode" is most like what I've seen on Vahaduo and Gedmatch.
This is the result using the MH coordinates instead of 22andME - Much more in line with Wales
MH VAHA NEOLITHIC.png
So you identify more as Welsh than English?

For an Iberian population I believe that replacing Natufian by Iberomaurisian better reflects their ancestry.

RFcMGO1.png
The fit number is lower (y)

Edit: I added the Iberomaurusian and it still prefers Natufian for me

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 10650 times.

Back