Climate change Snowballing effect of global warming might cause the end of civilisation as we know it as early as 2030

How comes most people aren't terrified by this, especially as we are probably going to hit +2C this year? I suppose that they either don't know about it or don't understand it.

Here is the full video.

Johan Rockström mentions that in the last 3 million years (i.e. since the time of australopithecus) Earth has never reached +2°C compared to the historic pre-industrial average. So the climate that we are going to experience from later this year, when we are going to exceed +2°C for the first time, and for the rest of our lives as there is no going back, is something that no hominid has ever experienced before. Just take a minute and reflect a bit about this.

For future reference keep in mind that during the whole Holocene Earth's temperature was 14°C ±0.5°.

Last edited:
There are no signs of a slowdown in greenhouse gas emissions in 2023.
According to data from NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration from the USA, greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide CO2, methane and nitrous oxide) continued to climb in 2023.

For example, human-caused CO2 emissions from fossil fuels hit a record high in 2023. This gas currently reaches values not seen for millions of years.

According to NOAA “The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere today is comparable to where it was around 4.3 million years ago during the mid-Pliocene epoch, when sea level was about 75 feet higher than today, the average temperature was 7 degrees Fahrenheit higher than in pre-industrial times, and large forests occupied areas of the Arctic that are now tundra.

7 degrees Fahrenheit correspond to 3.89 Celsius.

"Atmospheric CO2 is now more than 50% higher than pre-industrial levels."
T9xBywG.png

"Methane levels in the atmosphere are now more than 160% higher than their pre-industrial level."
QfYVFlm.png

RNqZg03.png

The global community's actions to slow, stop and reverse global warming are not working.
Bad news for all of us.

Last edited:
It's a collective suicide but I was not asked my opinion nor desire

This thread has been viewed 4087 times.

Back