Question Something odd with my Illustrative DNA Ancient populations mixed mode.

LaSentinelle

Fledgling
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Ukrainian, Russian, some Germanic and Finno-Ugric
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2a1-L26
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a'b
1706667730313.png

1706667745452.png

1706667758681.png

1706667550444.png

Is it just me or are my results somewhat illogical? Shouldn't there be some consistency when going from one age to the other?
How come I'm a central-euro/siberian mix in the bronze age, a balto-balkan mix in the iron age(where did the siberian component go? Into the 'baltic' part? Then where did the balkan component come from?), a germano-slavo-finnic(where did the germanics come from and where did the balkans go?) mix in the roman age and uhh.. western-eastern european mix in the middle ages? Especially considering my 'closest modern populations' are somewhat accurate.
Is it the same for everyone else or do other peoples' results make more sense?
Thanks!

Mine is sort of like that when going from Iron Age to Roman age (mainly some of the 3-way) but makes some sense when going to Medieval.

Could be that they dont have any sampels from that era, and there calculator takes what it belives is the closest?

Could be that they dont have any sampels from that era, and there calculator takes what it belives is the closest?
That's also possible. Not too long ago they added more samples that I've looked at from my big scaled ancient list that I already had from the Eurogenes website.

This thread has been viewed 506 times.

Back