Turkish people, look like ?

Turkish people, look like ?

• Total voters
Didn't require a lot; she could never pass as Italian, for one thing, and for another, a beard does not a Near Easterner make.

They both look like Near Easterners. She could be anything from Turkish to Lebanese. He's probably Turkish.

Terrible nose job, by the way; when you narrow the nose like that the drooping tip looks ridiculous. Her natural nose was probably fine. Women Near Easterners are obsessed with getting nose jobs.

Last edited:
She could pass for Armenian. Or Lebanese Armenian like the singer Sarina Cross:

Sarina_Cross_Bingyol.jpg

Apparently of Armenian descent. Really beautiful woman.

Recently watched a movie with Belçim Bilgin and Engin Altan Düzyatan. Turkey is indeed very "diverse".
upcoming-turkish-movie-my-fathers-violin-babamin-kemani-660x350.jpg

Does Fide Koksal, a Turkish singer from Izmir that now lives in Athens look Turkish?

Here is a better video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRLmdU98fXc

I am in love :heart::heart::heart::heart:.

I quite understand. Not only is she very pretty, and a good singer, but she's extremely warm and charming.

As for whether she looks Turkish or not, as with Greeks, I'm not an expert. I've only known a few Turkish families through my daughter's school, and I do watch a lot of Turkish films, and even, occasionally, a few episodes of their telenovelas, and she certainly looks like a lot of Turkish actresses in those venues. The variety in terms of phenotype is extreme, however, as I mentioned above, at least in so far as the actors in these films are a cross-section of the people at least in places like Istanbul.

For example, could these two pass as Greek? Let's just ignore the fact that I'm a mushy, touchy-feely romantic who loves this kind of stuff. :)

Just click on Watch on You-Tube.

I quite understand. Not only is she very pretty, and a good singer, but she's extremely warm and charming.

As for whether she looks Turkish or not, as with Greeks, I'm not an expert. I've only known a few Turkish families through my daughter's school, and I do watch a lot of Turkish films, and even, occasionally, a few episodes of their telenovelas, and she certainly looks like a lot of Turkish actresses in those venues. The variety in terms of phenotype is extreme, however, as I mentioned above, at least in so far as the actors in these films are a cross-section of the people at least in places like Istanbul.

For example, could these two pass as Greek? Let's just ignore the fact that I'm a mushy, touchy-feely romantic who loves this kind of stuff. :)

Just click on Watch on You-Tube.

They could definitely pass as Greeks particularly Pontic and Cappadoccian Greeks. I have been to Instabul a few times and among the 20M people in the metro area you can find a lot of diversity in both genotypes and phenotypes.

Engin Akyurek is from Ankara. However, the female actress is of immigrant stock.

"Büyüküstün's parents are from Erzurum.[3] Her grandparents are Turkish immigrants. The maternal side of her family are Turkish immigrants from Crimea. Her paternal side are Turkish immigrants from Crete, Greece."

Turks look Turkish. The general look is short, dark hair, brown eyes. Straight black hair, broader face type, thick bones, much body hair. Shorter legs than the upper body. Olive skin. As usual they overlap sometimes phenotype of their neighbours. Bulgarian and North Macedonian are the closest phenotype similarities. Add some few Greeks and Albanians to the mix, with emphasis on few. Population is 87 million and it's not really important if 1000 look Scandinavian, 1000 look Western European, 1000 Central/Central East/ Baltic, 1000 Latin. They look distinctive Turkish.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Well, clearly, their neighbors, people with more experience of the inhabitants of Turkey, disagree with you. Perhaps not a surprise given that you're the guy who thinks all Southern Europeans look alike, so there's that. Let's just say it hardly inspires confidence in your perception of differences in phenotype. :)

Has it never occurred to you that perhaps you just don't have a very good "eye" for visual differences and should therefore refrain from commenting?

When I'm bad at something I generally refrain from doing it so that I don't make myself look ridiculous.

LoL. The post you're referring to was 90% cynical. How tiresome isn't it to listen to quarrel about if Greeks are 1% lighter than Albanians and vice versa? I was hoping people could see the simplicity in that post. That sort of discussion leads nowhere and will never win an antagonist over to the other side even if beaten with a stick.

There will be as many opinions as there are human beings in the world. Let's not be afraid of opinions unless they will lead to pain, agony, or, god forbid, wars.

LoL. The post you're referring to was 90% cynical. How tiresome isn't it to listen to quarrel about if Greeks are 1% lighter than Albanians and vice versa? I was hoping people could see the simplicity in that post. That sort of discussion leads nowhere and will never win an antagonist over to the other side even if beaten with a stick.

There will be as many opinions as there are human beings in the world. Let's not be afraid of opinions unless they will lead to pain, agony, or, god forbid, wars.

I guess you frequent sites I don't frequent. We haven't had to listen to such inane, nonsense discussions in years.

Maybe I make it too uncomfortable for them. :)

Angela, you have a very sharp eye for phenotypes. Much better than mine.

Thank-you very much. I'm not sure it's true, but I appreciate the complement nonetheless. :)

My batting average is much worse for certain groups, however. I'm hopeless with East Asians. As with anything you need to see a lot of examples of something before patterns begin to emerge.

This thread has been viewed 34139 times.

Back