What was Assyrian Empire royal Y-DNA?

Someone tested them,R and J,both possible,Need to look at common ancestral line,in the empire time,who has more children,If records lost,that need to open a grave

Someone tested them,R and J,both possible,Need to look at common ancestral line,in the empire time,who has more children,If records lost,that need to open a grave
R1b surprisingly common among Assyrians. I think it is royal clan's Y-DNA and spreaded them.

Assyrians are linked with ancient Armenians and Kurds ...............they all share roughly the same ydna

especially since armenians are north and west of ancinet assyrian lands ...that is Adana and Cilicia

I need to check if the druze are also linked

I'm assuming J2 would be a common y haplo

That's impossible to ascertain since no ancient Assyrian monarchs were tested. Many possibilities.

Are there any burials of Assyrian Monarchs?
Not any that were confirmed to my knowledge.

I think the citizens could have high J2, but the royals and nobles are likely R and Q or other steppe nomad haplogroups.
There's no reason to assume that would be the case, subclades of Q probably weren't in Mesopotamia yet, these would've come by way of later Iranian contribution from the Parthian period.

Not any that were confirmed to my knowledge.

There's no reason to assume that would be the case, subclades of Q probably weren't in Mesopotamia yet, these would've come by way of later Iranian contribution from the Parthian period.
Haven't Indo-Iranians been in the Fertile Crescent since the Middle Bronze Age at the latest? Mitanni, Kassites, etc...? Though I'm unsure how much Q these people would have carried with them.

There's no reason to assume that would be the case, subclades of Q probably weren't in Mesopotamia yet, these would've come by way of later Iranian contribution from the Parthian period
We don't know for sure as there are no burial sites for Assyrians monarchs available for DNA analysis. I am only speculating them being the descendants of Steppe nomads because that is the case in most of the royal tombs and archaeological sites found in Central Asian and Middle Eastern countries, with the nobles having higher percentage of the Steppe haplogroups R, Q, N, C, and the citizens having higher J, G, T, E. Either way, my guess is that the chance of the Assyrians rulers belonging to haplogroup R1b or R1a is higher than J2 or J1.

assyrians are similar to Kurds

below is from a 2022 lecture

Attachments

• assyr.PNG
    assyr.PNG
    420.3 KB · Views: 66
Haven't Indo-Iranians been in the Fertile Crescent since the Middle Bronze Age at the latest? Mitanni, Kassites, etc...? Though I'm unsure how much Q these people would have carried with them.
Mitanni are an early Indo-Aryan or Indo-Iranian split from Central Asia, but later Iranians arrived in Iran likely around the late Iron age I/early Iron age II. Much of the Iranian contribution in Assyrians and Mesopotamia is post-Iron age from the Parthian period. Kassites aren't Indo-Iranians but their exact linguistic affiliation is unknown, they've been attested early on since the Ur III dynasty.

We don't know for sure as there are no burial sites for Assyrians monarchs available for DNA analysis. I am only speculating them being the descendants of Steppe nomads because that is the case in most of the royal tombs and archaeological sites found in Central Asian and Middle Eastern countries, with the nobles having higher percentage of the Steppe haplogroups R, Q, N, C, and the citizens having higher J, G, T, E. Either way, my guess is that the chance of the Assyrians rulers belonging to haplogroup R1b or R1a is higher than J2 or J1.
In Central Asia yes, but I'm not sure where'd you get the Middle East part. Aside from the Mitanni, none of the local rulers in Bronze-early Iron age upper Mesopotamia were 'Steppe nomads'. R1b is a possibility for Assyrian monarchs, but that's because of their Catacomb ancestry which brought much of R-Z2103 subclade diversity into West Asia, not Steppe nomadic rulers.

The Medes are also associated with the Assyrians especially after the first conflicts between the 2

Medes origin is Central Asia

This thread has been viewed 1161 times.

Back