Y-DNA F expanded with mt-DNA U('2'3'4'7'8'9)

Mmiikkii

Reaction score
Ethnic group
southern EUROPEAN
HAPLOGROUP F comprises the vast majority of Y-DNA in the world (practically ALL OF THE WORLD MEN besides Africans)

This macrohaplogroup expanded 48000-42000 years ago and has changed susprisingly less (relative to this aforementioned population boom in Prehistory).

I estimated this limit dates through the dates of the 1st branching in the F geneologic tree (haplogroup G 48000 ya) and the youngest TMRCA of any branch (in this case haplogroup IJ 42000 ya).

This DATE COINCIDES with the estimate date of ORIGIN of FEMALE haplogroup U'2'3'4'7'8'9 (48000-42000 ya).

This shouldn't surprise any of us, haplogroup U has always been related to the origins of a lot of haplogroups:
-I and U5
-R1a and U5a, U2e and U4.
-J1 and K3 and U1 in the Caucasus.
-J2 exists in the same land as U7
-Finland (haplogroups N and I1) are 36% haplo U as per the '1000 genomes project'. Only Iran or Israel come close to that figure.
-The common ancestor of Q and R (P) was found in Yana site (Lake Baikal in eastern Siberia) with an unknown clade.
-The Jordan bedouins are high in U3, the Jews in K (both J1).
-U9 exists in Ethiopia,YEMEN and Pakistan (which suggests J1 too)

Even haplogroup E1b1 picked up U6 before expanding.

What surprises me is how little U there's is in the world compared to F.
It's like 85% F (declining) to 5% U (also declining).
A 1 to 17 proportion!!!

Your premise is wrong. Because the earliest cultures to obtain MTdna U were Early West Eurasian- Sunghir's people. Only reason Malta Boy R is accompanied by U is Early Western Eurasian DNA that accounts for 2/3s of his ancestry..

I believe it may have been this way at least C is mostly accompanied by MTdna U. F is with R from pre-HV to R2'JT. DE is with M or N. K2a and K2b may have been with the lower down R clades if R9, F & B. No idea about I-J or L-T peoples at the moment.

Last edited:
Your premise is wrong. Because the earliest cultures to obtain MTdna U were Early West Eurasian- Sunghir's people. Only reason Malta Boy R is accompanied by U is Early Western Eurasian DNA that accounts for 2/3s of his ancestry..

I believe it may have been this way at least C is mostly accompanied by MTdna U. F is with R from pre-HV to R2'JT. DE is with M or N. K2a and K2b may have been with the lower down R clades if R9, F & B. No idea about I-J or L-T peoples at the moment.

DE may be (not E1b1b though)
We don't have proof of F, but in the Caucasus we have U6 (likely G), in Iranic people have U today (H)
And R, N or Q have U

No,actually,N's mt-U was probably intermixture from locals in Europe or steppe
The thing is EVERY haplogroup that isn't U2'3'4'7'8'9 doesn't fit with Y-DNA F-M89

F has the most diversity in the Middle East, same as U2'3'4'7'8'9

While the other haplogroups are M,R... seem to expand from India

This thread has been viewed 916 times.

Back