Politics Catalonia may become an independent nation soon...

About Catalanization of surnames: Because they can not make it mandatory, if they could they would, the important and unfortunate is the reason and the essence of what they do and it shows the total control and manipulation that wants independence politics have on citizens mainly by creating fictitious needs. I do not know, reminds me of something ... wanting that everyone is equal and induce people to those things, I think it is clear what is the origin of this ideology and people.
So, according to you, they would put a gun in the head of people to change their surnames or something like this I guess.

I'm sure all people can imagine the situation, yeah :D

Nationalism is dead. Being 'Spanish' isn't working out well is it? The UK is crawling with 'Spaniards' forced into becoming economic refugees. How many will stay and become British not because they want to but because they have to make a living?

Do Catalans want a job or independence? Nationalism and introspection will only result in further economic decline, the EU doesn't need proud tribes all fighting for their out of date culture and traditions.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." Charles Darwin

The change is a united federal Europe not a collection of tribes all clinging to outdated customs and languages. The USA was built on a culture of change and embracing a new identity and future. Europeans need to stop looking over their shoulder to the past. If they don't Spaniards, Portuguese and Greeks can enjoy seeing their children sew shoes together for Chinese teenagers.

As I posted above, the seek of independence in Catalonia is mainly for two reasons: economics and identity.

By the way, the federal model you mention, it's also what our president, Artur Mass, wants for the future of Europe. But this cannot be done easily, it requires some time, and actually the present states are a huge barrier for this. If you want a federal Europe working properly, smaller states tend to be more efficient, and it helps preserving cultures on the other hand. You obviously can't expect people would renounce to their language, for instance, due to the federal union, that's more or less how the EU works today, so it's the only realistic way.

Europe, the same as big states such as Spain, is not culturally homogeneous. The future lies in the recognition and respect of its plurality.

Nationalism is dead. Being 'Spanish' isn't working out well is it? The UK is crawling with 'Spaniards' forced into becoming economic refugees. How many will stay and become British not because they want to but because they have to make a living?

Do Catalans want a job or independence? Nationalism and introspection will only result in further economic decline, the EU doesn't need proud tribes all fighting for their out of date culture and traditions.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." Charles Darwin

The change is a united federal Europe not a collection of tribes all clinging to outdated customs and languages. The USA was built on a culture of change and embracing a new identity and future. Europeans need to stop looking over their shoulder to the past. If they don't Spaniards, Portuguese and Greeks can enjoy seeing their children sew shoes together for Chinese teenagers.

Finally someone with common sense. Is the problem the Catalan nazionalismo not want to adapt to changing times.

She wants to believe that the other day at Montjuic Artur Mas was one of his gruesome conferences, and there were two American tourists, for what he believes Artur Mas? tourists came to them and said: I am the president of the country.

http://www.europapress.es/nacional/...-president-of-the-country-20121112172522.html

Please leave the tourists alone, have come to enjoy your holiday, do you also want to brainwash tourists? are paranoid, can be more leg?

The EU can only work if its regional in organisation, this national system is far too restrictive and expensive to run.

Nationalism began around 1750 and globalisation was the beginning of its end.

The EU needs to be a confederation of regions.

Cheaper to bail out in a crisis ( and there will be more ), more money per capita ( basically all similarin GDp will be the outcome )

the losers will be the bulk of politicians and the super rich.

The USA has nationalism and its bankrupt...nationalism is far too expensive to run.
The USA needs to break apart to survive in the 21st century OR destroy Globalisation ....you cannot have both

Finally someone with common sense. Is the problem the Catalan nazionalismo not want to adapt to changing times.

She wants to believe that the other day at Montjuic Artur Mas was one of his gruesome conferences, and there were two American tourists, for what he believes Artur Mas? tourists came to them and said: I am the president of the country.

http://www.europapress.es/nacional/...-president-of-the-country-20121112172522.html

Please leave the tourists alone, have come to enjoy your holiday, do you also want to brainwash tourists? are paranoid, can be more leg?
There's no need to manipulate tourists, they are usually well aware of the situation and how Spain behaves towards Catalonia. And Carlos, you don't even know what he wrote, you should know that your comments against Catalonia and its right to decide, are also against any form of federalism. Let adults discuss, and take a rest ;)

Good points Zanipolo, totally agree.

The European Commission alone opine on the independence of Catalonia Spain asks if

Speak English please I do not understand what you are trying to say.

The EU is duty-bound to recognise a democratic wish for self-determination.

Above means that the EU recognised all the worlds people for self-determination, which is why in 2006 Italy had to recognise ( In writing ) the Kurds , they never did, before this.

As I posted above, the seek of independence in Catalonia is mainly for two reasons: economics and identity.

By the way, the federal model you mention, it's also what our president, Artur Mass, wants for the future of Europe. But this cannot be done easily, it requires some time, and actually the present states are a huge barrier for this. If you want a federal Europe working properly, smaller states tend to be more efficient, and it helps preserving cultures on the other hand. You obviously can't expect people would renounce to their language, for instance, due to the federal union, that's more or less how the EU works today, so it's the only realistic way.

Europe, the same as big states such as Spain, is not culturally homogeneous. The future lies in the recognition and respect of its plurality.

Of course Spain is culturally homogeneous, Europe, the world tends to be culturally homogeneous.

The differences from the rest of Spain with the Catalan region which are:

We buried our dead in the same way, we have the same business hours, work and social. Today in Spain there has been general strike, included Catalonia. The list is endless, there are more similarities than differences.

The differences are folklore, folklore and also pure minority who practice each region, and I know nothing about dance or sing flamenco, and you'll probably step on human towers.

It is more that unites us than divides us.

Does the regional language ok? but that does not like to use it indiscriminately against other compatriots.

You know how it all started. When in Europe after the Second World War and was frowned use racist arguments, the sorcerer's apprentices Catalan independence clung to the argument of the regional language.

You have to be original, copying is ridiculous ideologies of centuries ago, not used today even the inventors, what they use to the extent they can separatists?Is ridiculous!

You have to be original, copying is ridiculous ideologies of centuries ago, not used today even the inventors, what they use to the extent they can separatists?Is ridiculous!

Adapt to a united Europe, stop wanting all the attention, never been a great nation, with Spain if you can say yes to Europe, but all I alone have done is to approach the great to see what they could get, the and history has portrayed, not more ridiculous, and you are too damaging the image and economy of Spain, Catalonia included.

I know it's like throwing pearls before swine, but I enjoy both.

Speak English please I do not understand what you are trying to say.

The EU is duty-bound to recognise a democratic wish for self-determination.

Above means that the EU recognised all the worlds people for self-determination, which is why in 2006 Italy had to recognise ( In writing ) the Kurds , they never did, before this.

The obligation of the U.E. is to end the crisis.

The EU can only work if its regional in organisation, this national system is far too restrictive and expensive to run.

Nationalism began around 1750 and globalisation was the beginning of its end.

The EU needs to be a confederation of regions.

Cheaper to bail out in a crisis ( and there will be more ), more money per capita ( basically all similarin GDp will be the outcome )

the losers will be the bulk of politicians and the super rich.

Do not tell lies. Before 1700 Catalonia was not independent but was a territory with its own institutions integrated into the Spanish Crown for centuries.

It is time marcharse. Good night.

Again, you still don't read what people posts. Check what the EU is today, and you'll find the answer by your own (well, I really don't think so xd). There are always common points, but there are differences and regional peculiarities everywhere. You can't be constructive without recognition and respect of the difference, that's clear as day when checking the history of Europe. The united Europe you refer it's only possible considering its regions, like it or not. The trend is to increase the number of states in the world, but it seems you didn't notice yet. Come on, go and check.

Deal with it, it's time to accept it LOL.

Do not tell lies. Before 1700 Catalonia was not independent but was a territory with its own institutions integrated into the Spanish Crown for centuries.

It is time marcharse. Good night.
What the hell are you saying? at this time there was mainly Castilla and Aragón as some kind of confederation (the same which happened to obtain the so called "Corona de Aragón" as result before), so stop twisting history. Want to know about the origins of Spain? there you are then: http://www.elmundo.es/ladh/numero86/enportada.html

By the way, Zanipolo did not say anything like this. READ properly and THINK before writing.

Que no sois una nación y nunca lo váis a ser, bueno y menos tú que ni siquiera eres catalán de origen. Se ve claramente lo que son los independentistas y cual es su origen y su ideología .... ¡ya sabes de que hablo!

Knovas will come running to me complaining and Taranis
sent a private message saying this is an insult:

Before 1700 Catalonia was not independent but was a territory with its own institutions integrated into the Spanish Crown for centuries.

This is not an insult, these are history, and that it is not equipped them nazionalistas catalanistas that manipulan history, That is an insult.

The PSC makes Artur Mas Montroig in 'The Great Dictator "Charlie Chaplin"

http://www.lavozlibre.com/noticias/...ur-mas-en-el-gran-dictador-de-charles-chaplinThis is what we in the rest of Spain, is the PSC as it disguises alluding to Charles Chaplin, but we all know that another character is concerned.

In the rest of Spain and is a cry and everyone said and published, if someone does not like it, sorry, but the way things are and that is the freedom of expression.

These are issues that foreigners do not know you, because only listen victimhood, but these alleged victims are now executioners wore mask before.

Que no sois una nación y nunca lo váis a ser, bueno y menos tú que ni siquiera eres catalán de origen. Se ve claramente lo que son los independentistas y cual es su origen y su ideología .... ¡ya sabes de que hablo!

Knovas will come running to me complaining and Taranis
sent a private message saying this is an insult:

Before 1700 Catalonia was not independent but was a territory with its own institutions integrated into the Spanish Crown for centuries.

This is not an insult, these are history, and that it is not equipped them nazionalistas catalanistas that manipulan history, That is an insult.

For the people who doesn't understand Spanish: he's basically saying Catalonia is not a nation and will never be (wrong since the very beginning), and look at this, he says I am not Catalan origin even without having any idea of my family tree, and ignoring the fact that the thing is about culture, not ancestry.

Just to leave some things clear, your Y-DNA, Carlos, did not originate in Iberia, the same as many other haplogroups, and you consider yourself Spanish. Nothing wrong with it, because ancestry has nothing to do with the culture and tradition surrounding an individual since the birth date, or even a person can decide if he wants to belong to an ethnic group nowadays just because he wants to (there's many people born in Extremadura who feel themselves Catalan today and want independence for Catalonia). The later is not my case at all if you're interested in, but you have no authority to tell the others what they are: they're simply what they want regarding cultural and national traits.

In short: Stop with your racism, everybody can trace ancestors outside the place they were born, you're obviously not an exception. People knows perfectly what you're doing here, which is t.r.o.l.l.i.n.g as much as possible, with no other result than ridiculing yourself to date.

PD: I did not say the last you posted was an insult. I was simply pointing that you ignore your own history, and still do according to what I see :D

^^

Who knows, my DNA and may be in Spain for the last 11 centuries or maybe less, I do not know, but it may take even more centuries in Europe. Anyway its DNA and is of Spanish origin? You are as Spanish as I am. not comparable to his case by simply being born in Catalonia.

And now I have things to do, as I miss U.S. a country that is alive, truly decadent Europe.

I live in the Spanish State but I am Catalan, like it or not. And someday I won't be even part of Spain, time to cry xd

^^

Who knows, my DNA and may be in Spain for the last 11 centuries or maybe less, I do not know, but it may take even more centuries in Europe. Anyway its DNA and is of Spanish origin? You are as Spanish as I am. not comparable to his case by simply being born in Catalonia.

And now I have things to do, as I miss U.S. a country that is alive, truly decadent Europe.

Test your chromosones and see where you are from . I have 91% european and 9% south-asian in my x-chromosone.....we can compare!

There is no DNA that belongs to any nation or people, its basically continental.

He is spanish in nationality, catalonian in culture, iberian geographically and a European...............thats how it is designed ............nationality can be changed overnight, culture will take a long time to change

This thread has been viewed 278086 times.

Back