Illyrian-Albanian Continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are more people who argue that they are Illyirians.

Bosnians think that they have strong arguments?

According to prof. dr. Enver Imamović and academician Muhamed Filipović, the Bosniak people are direct descendants of Illyrians which can be easily confirmed through various analyses especially historical but also religious.

Bosniaks are Illyrians

http://mythology.blogger.ba/arhiva/2013/04/03/3517157

Its ok to believe what u want and for whatever reason you want to. I didn't ask you for explanations because i don't care.
OK, you don't get it.

You are interested in methods meanwhile i am interested in conclusions, its clear we are different.
It's not me who is interested in method, it is you. I have no interest in proving Illyrian-Albanian continuity. I was expecting you to do it, yet you constantly fail to start doing it. Will you start at last?

Before getting surprised and speaking in greek you need to understand why he posted that info. Pope had nothing to do with that part,if u read tha article, that part was just about some facts to know about Albania. He wanted to let you know that if even editors, journalists writte about it, it means that is something famous and well known.That is how the origins of the albanians are percieved worldwide today, if we would have to let asside for a minute the work of scientists and scholars.

:useless: People don't even know where Albanian is, and nobody believes that Albanians stem from Illyrians. You're making this up...

According to prof. dr. Enver Imamović and academician Muhamed Filipović, the Bosniak people are direct descendants of Illyrians which can be easily confirmed through various analyses especially historical but also religious.

Bosniaks are Illyrians

That's nothing. I tell you something South Slavs claim you will throw up. Bulgarians of Macedonia claim that they are direct descendants of Macedonians of Antiquity. They have put in Skopje a big bust of Illyrian fighter Alexander the Great and others.
South Slavs clam to be anything but what they are :Slavs.

Bosniaks are Illyrians

Yugoslavia hmmm.............yugo = south hmm

What I was told by my Croatian and slaovenian frinedns and from their parents

-Croatian and Slovenians are west-slavic people originally from modern slovakia . ..........came via the Alans.

- Bulgarians are turkic origin from modern southern Ukraine and arrived in the balkans ~800AD

- Serbians are 70% thracians ( moesians ) from the Triballi tribe, which is why by heraldry sites they still claim the ancient Boar of the Triballi people.........they became slavs via linguistic changes. there is no migrational path of the serbs.

- Bosnians are the only true illyrians and they where mixed with invading croats . They lived in the interior, south of the pannonians.

- Dalmatians are originally Italic people from the bronze-age , part of adriatic refrugium.

- Montenegrins are are mix of thracians, epirotes, macedonians, albanians and serbians

I ahve already commented on the albanians

This is ok what you're saying and its a nice story, however there is something very important here.The illyrian origin of the albanians is not a product of the communism era like you were claiming, and its not a political brainwash. And of course we are not discuting the work of the albanian writters during that period, but mostly of foreign scholars.
"The theory that Albanians were related to the Illyrians was proposed for the first time by the Swedish historian Johann Erich Thunmann in 1774.The scholars who advocate an Illyrian origin are numerous."
We know that during the history there have been people who maintained this theory even before and even after the communinsm period.There have also been scholars disputing this origin and maintaining a thracian or dacian origin instead.

The swede was wrong

even Napoleons many advisors along with the Austrians knew where illyria was
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyrian_Provinces

Bosniaks are Illyrians

Of course there will be more people that argue that are illyrians, what does that mean?the craotians and serbians have also said they are illyrians. just because there are some bosnian academics who say this doesn't mean its true.They are going to do the work according to their interests.What historical and religious?the only thing i can see here is regarding the genes of bosnians.But this is not a problem, if they can prove it its ok and im not saying nothing against it, everyone can put their own thesis on the work.

The swede was wrong

even Napoleons many advisors along with the Austrians knew where illyria was
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyrian_Provinces

Are you saying you dont know the exact location of illyria during antiquty?Did you see the ''ottoman empire'' script there?exactly!if he had captured and conquered all the illyrian lands at the time maybe he would have given them the name "illyrian provinces''.
And the swede was not wrong because many other have followed him since them.

Are you saying you dont know the exact location of illyria during antiquty?Did you see the ''ottoman empire'' script there?exactly!if he had captured and conquered all the illyrian lands at the time maybe he would have given them the name "illyrian provinces''.
And the swede was not wrong because many other have followed him since them.

no I am not saying that.............I said this many many times, there are no illyrians as one people, one race or one culture , illyrian is a geographical term exactly like the term scandinavians .

No illyrian tribe spoke the same language , had the same genetics, had the same archeological pottery etc etc........they should be noted as Dalmatians, pannonians, luburnians etc etc this is what they always where and will be

this rubbish from the swede and everyone before or after him, are all wrong............how many of today's races have claimed illyrian descent 4, 5, 6 ...many...........

It's not me who is interested in method, it is you. I have no interest in proving Illyrian-Albanian continuity. I was expecting you to do it, yet you constantly fail to start doing it. Will you start at last?

You are sneaky but i don't want to play your games.

:useless: People don't even know where Albanian is, and nobody believes that Albanians stem from Illyrians. You're making this up...

The only one who's making things up here is you.The site to which i refered literally said "10 interesting facts about the former Communist country".I said thats how their origins are percieved today,if we let asside the work of scholars.You have the editor who wrote it. Thats also the view most of the people i've talked about this topic.Couriosly the serbian or greek nationalists have been the one who "didn't percieve it" this way.:unsure:

I know about Scythia major and scythia minor,
I know about Sarmates, but never about Sarmatia as toponym.
now as Sarmatia from ancient authors?
but I am not certain.
by what i know the first toponym Sarmatia is about 400 AD, not before,

to be most specific, we all know Tuareg people/clan/nation, in Sahara desert,
have heard a toponym Tuaregia?
maybe in future a cartographer add that toponym.

by what I remember no toponym Sarmatia, but people who live in an area,
the first map that has sarmatia I think is 400AD

yet I repat I am maybe wrong
Although again I say I am not certain
It is 43AD the Land was named Sarmatiae from Vistula to Rha(Volga)

Ιστορικά την ονομασία Σαρματία πρώτος που φέρεται να έκανε χρήση ήταν ο Ρωμαίος γεωγράφος Πομπώνιος Μέλας, περί το 43 μ.Χ., προκειμένου να δηλώσει όλο το βόρειο μέρος της Ευρώπης και Ασίας που εκτεινόταν από τον Βιστούλα και τα Σαρματικά όρη δυτικά, μέχρι του ποταμού Ρα (σημερινός Βόλγας), ανατολικά,

We are living in madness in Balkans,

ok lets drink one tsipoyro or a slibovic or a raki, tommorow we fight again,
time to remember our wifes, :LOL: they will get :mad:
time to peace now, we all need some rest,

next fight at Sunday,
Long live Balkan Madness

from the Ottoman's time Γιουριααααααααααααααααα, means attack.

Dont use this thread for other information than stated = Illyrian - Albanian continuity (Linguistics)
Already proved there is no connection.
If some Shqiptars want to continue to spam its their problem.
Dont understand all other who continue posting unrelated information.

It is 43AD the Land was named Sarmatiae from Vistula to Rha(Volga)

Ιστορικά την ονομασία Σαρματία πρώτος που φέρεται να έκανε χρήση ήταν ο Ρωμαίος γεωγράφος Πομπώνιος Μέλας, περί το 43 μ.Χ., προκειμένου να δηλώσει όλο το βόρειο μέρος της Ευρώπης και Ασίας που εκτεινόταν από τον Βιστούλα και τα Σαρματικά όρη δυτικά, μέχρι του ποταμού Ρα (σημερινός Βόλγας), ανατολικά,

well it seems that i have right,
in future some will name Tuaregia the Sahara desert,
from times of Herodotus to Pomponios Melas is 400 years,
although my apologises about Scythians and Scythia.

You are sneaky but i don't want to play your games.
OK, then continue to post useless c**p on this thread. I don't mind.

The only one who's making things up here is you.The site to which i refered literally said "10 interesting facts about the former Communist country".I said thats how their origins are percieved today,if we let asside the work of scholars.You have the editor who wrote it. Thats also the view most of the people i've talked about this topic. Couriosly the serbian or greek nationalists have been the one who "didn't percieve it" this way.:unsure:

Believe what you like.

Yugoslavia hmmm.............yugo = south hmm

What I was told by my Croatian and slaovenian frinedns and from their parents

-Croatian and Slovenians are west-slavic people originally from modern slovakia . ..........came via the Alans.

- Bulgarians are turkic origin from modern southern Ukraine and arrived in the balkans ~800AD

- Serbians are 70% thracians ( moesians ) from the Triballi tribe, which is why by heraldry sites they still claim the ancient Boar of the Triballi people.........they became slavs via linguistic changes. there is no migrational path of the serbs.

- Bosnians are the only true illyrians and they where mixed with invading croats . They lived in the interior, south of the pannonians.

- Dalmatians are originally Italic people from the bronze-age , part of adriatic refrugium.

- Montenegrins are are mix of thracians, epirotes, macedonians, albanians and serbians

I ahve already commented on the albanians

That is what they assume, and could be right, but there is no evidence of that and especially no any collective memory about that. I don't know why anybody told you that, when it's pure speculation.

Dont use this thread for other information than stated = Illyrian - Albanian continuity (Linguistics)

Well, we're passing time, until some of them finally decides to pass some real info.
Up till now this thread was nothing but a series of unreliable and unfounded claims.

Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

You remind me a famous Einstein saying; There were 100 books published trying to prove the Relativity wrong,
Among them I think was a famous Serb, Nikola Tesla I think, who attacked his theory.
Einstein famously said: If I was wrong one book was enough.
If Albanians were not hairs of Illyrians there would have been no need for a thread. Bur since we are Slavs are trying hard to discredit it with stupidity's like Serbs are Thracian's, or Bulgarians of Macedonia are ancient Macedonians or Bosnian Slavs are Illyrians.
I don't know who you are as person or what you are trying to achieve.
But don't work hard to prove your theory. Many have failed before you.

You remind me a famous Einstein saying; There were 100 books published trying to prove the Relativity wrong,
Among them I think was a famous Serb, Nikola Tesla I think, who attacked his theory.
Einstein famously said: If I was wrong one book was enough.
If Albanians were not hairs of Illyrians there would have been no need for a thread. Bur since we are Slavs are trying hard to discredit it with stupidity's like Serbs are Thracian's, or Bulgarians of Macedonia are ancient Macedonians or Bosnian Slavs are Illyrians.
I don't know who you are as person or what you are trying to achieve.
But don't work hard to prove your theory. Many have failed before you.

LoL. What a twist.

Well, we're passing time, until some of them finally decides to pass some real info.
Up till now this thread was nothing but a series of unreliable and unfounded claims.

Look now, the first one who posted this "claims" that u call "unfounded", was the original opener of the thread.And i believe that his "claims" are based somewhere, like everyone else who came here with a reference (including me), specifically on the work of other scholars, possibly, the most famous or brave on this topic.We know that not everyone here is a scientist or a linguistic, but some deductions can be made by the work of others.
I'm not here to make a final call, even if i did, i would always be objectet by someone. However i know something : "Most historians conclude that the Albanians are descendants of populations of the prehistoric Balkans, such as the Illyrians, Dacians or Thracians."
I think that out of these illyrians are the probable ancestor of the albanians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 486884 times.

Back