The Celts of Iberia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moreover, the Muslims made all the monuments with the rubble of the Roman monuments. What? the Alhambra and four more things, more plateresco in Muslim Andalusia architectural legacy. The Alhambra is beautiful, but I will not mourn if a tsunami comes and sweeps, do another thing on top, what style?, time will tell.

Come to Asturias and you will see my huge muslim cultural heritage :LOL::innocent:

EM81 Muslim heritage is in the north of Spain and Castilla, the few Muslims who remained were taken to these areas of Spain, they have a little legacy he has left of that time, I say, a few paragraphs in the vast history of this glorious country, Spain nobody feels any legacy of that era.

EM81 Muslim heritage is in the north of Spain and Castilla, the few Muslims who remained were taken to these areas of Spain, they have a little legacy he has left of that time, I say, a few paragraphs in the vast history of this glorious country, Spain nobody feels any legacy of that era.
EM81 isn't muslim...

Ridiculous theory without enough historical evidence.

EM81 was in Spain long before of islamic invasion. Probably before that other "european" haplotypes arrived to Europe (for example, R1b).

Anyway, you're talking about the famous Pompeu Fabra study where J is synonim of jew and E of Moor heritage. In the case of Asturias, only 20 people were tested in this study (each person represented 5% in the results). Hilarious.

You can't deny a Huge Muslim cultural heritage in Spain

Come to Galicia, N. Portugal, North-Central Portugal, Asturias and Cantabria and tell us all how much Muslim heritage you find. :LOL:

EM81 isn't muslim...

Ridiculous theory without enough historical evidence.

EM81 was in Spain long before of islamic invasion. Probably before that other "european" haplotypes arrived to Europe (for example, R1b).

Anyway, you're talking about the famous Pompeu Fabra study where J is synonim of jew and E of Moor heritage. In the case of Asturias, only 20 people were tested in this study (each person represented 5% in the results). Hilarious.

The study was debunked for obvious reasons. The methodology was very faulty.

It is funny because except in Bitanny, French people don't really care about their 2000 years past.
I don't think that it would be as insulting for a Portuguese if i'd deny his Muslim Heritage, don't you think ?

I think you would be hard pressed to find many native Portuguese people who identify with anything Muslim. On the other hand, northern and even central areas of the country have a clear Celtic cultural awareness.

Oh, I just came to this forum because it seemed like a good place to find good information about history and culture of Europe...

I am sad to see, that also in this place there is this disgusting discussion about if Spaniards are true Europeans or not, just because we are a little more dark skinned that other Europeans.

And these discussions about "celticity" of the are all over the Internet, filled with vulgarity and hate, these unending discussions... !!

Is this the largest and much seen topic of these forums?

I am already tired of so much racism!!! :sad-2:

We Spaniards have some Arab blood and much or our architecture has Arab influence.

Why do the people fill the Internet with topics like this and do not accept us for what we are?

Oh, I just came to this forum because it seemed like a good place to find good information about history and culture of Europe...
I am sad to see, that also in this place there is this disgusting discussion about if Spaniards are true Europeans or not, just because we are a little more dark skinned that other Europeans.
And these discussions about "celticity" of the are all over the Internet, filled with vulgarity and hate, these unending discussions... !!
We Spaniards have some Arab blood and much or our architecture has Arab influence.
Why do the people fill the Internet with topics like this and do not accept us for what we are?
The problems are instigated by insecure people who dislike Spaniards. A good many are Latin American.

The Celticity of Spain and Portugal is abundantly clear and denied here only by people with a twisted agenda, or sociopathic types intent on spreading falsehoods. Any reasonably educated person is well aware of the truth about Iberian Celtic heritage.

BTW, autosomal DNA testing shows beyond any doubt that Spaniards have very few Middle Eastern genetic influences. It's a huge myth that Spaniards and Portuguese show significant Arabic markers. Quite laughable.

I don't think you are spanish. Because it's not true that "most of our architecture has arab influence". Hardly. You can go to Madird, Barcelona, Zaragoza, anywhere in the country...There is no arab influence that some people are obsessed to see. The arab architecture is only found in a bunch of historic buildings in the South and that's about it. And the arab blood ? Too late. We have genetics that tell us this arab influence is insignificant, and less than other european countries.

I don't think you are spanish. Because it's not true that "most of our architecture has arab influence". Hardly. You can go to Madird, Barcelona, Zaragoza, anywhere in the country...There is no arab influence that some people are obsessed to see. The arab architecture is only found in a bunch of historic buildings in the South and that's about it. And the arab blood ? Too late. We have genetics that tell us this arab influence is insignificant, and less than other european countries.

Mudéjar art is omnipresent in Zaragoza, believe me. Even we have a muslim palace, the "Aljafería". The muslim -cultural, not genetic- impact in a important part of Iberia is undeniable. Words, buildings, placenames, food...

Al César lo que es del César.

Mudéjar art is omnipresent in Zaragoza, believe me. Even we have a muslim palace, the "Aljafería". The muslim -cultural, not genetic- impact in a important part of Iberia is undeniable. Words, buildings, placenames, food...

Al César lo que es del César.
Well, I think it is very, very exaggerated their cultural impact. The spanish architecture has nothing of arabic. The arabic buildings is because they are from arabic time, it's not our architecture. And only a few specific places and specific builgins in Spain are arabic style. And the food I don't agree at all. For example the main ingredient in spanish food is pork (morcilla, chorizo, fabadas, cocidos, cochinillo, etc) and muslims don't even eat pork. Go figure.

Come to Galicia, N. Portugal, North-Central Portugal, Asturias and Cantabria and tell us all how much Muslim heritage you find. :LOL:

You Cambria red like to talk about the 2/3 Celtic Iberia, what about the 3/4 Mulsim Iberia ?

muslim_spain.gif

You Cambria red like to talk about the 2/3 Celtic Iberia, what about the 3/4 Mulsim Iberia ?

muslim_spain.gif

Tell us, Spongeman, what does this thread have to do with Muslims in Iberia? It's more than obvious you can't defend your (absurd) stance: that there was no substantial Celticity in Spain and Portugal. So, what do you do? You move on to another subject. Boy, that really makes a lot of sense.:LOL:

Iberians do not identify with Muslims at all, so why should anyone care about your ramblings.

Last edited:
fatima80 and spongetaro, very well said. (y)

iberians are more related to moors than celts. real celts are only still in france, and the british islands.

You can't deny a HUGE muslim heritage in Spain

The level of Muslim heritage in Iberia depends on the region. As we all know, Islam impacted many cultures in Europe. Big freaking deal...

Once again, this is a thread about the Celts in Iberia. Kindly stick to the topic or move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 1019220 times.

Back