"Ancient DNA reveals the origins of the Albanians" paper

Well,J2a is near 30% only in greek islands.In south Greece it is 12-16%,and in the north 8-12%.The percentage of J2a in ancient greece was around 40-50%(I have checked it by seeing ALL the studies).That means that we are around 28-36% ancient Greek by Y-DNA.That of course means that there is not a huge continuity,according to Y-DNA.Autosomally,we are more connected to ancient Greeks,I would say around 50-60%.

Is all the j2a the same as ancient Greeks or is some of it from Roman legionaries or Anatolian/iranian?

Is all the j2a the same as ancient Greeks or is some of it from Roman legionaries or Anatolian/iranian?
I think around 80% of it is greek.I am forward to seeing the haplogroups of Greeks from familytreedna database and calculating the origin of each clade,by using SNP Tracker.I will also exclude Greeks from Asia minor,i want to see only mainland greeks,and why not islanders.

I will try it to albanians too.

Is this the Danubian frontier paper or a new unknown paper? If it's a new study, what time range do the samples come from?

Most of us are not part of discord secret societies.

Samples come from whole Balkans

Sounds like a southern Arcs paper entirely devoted to the Balkans. Thanks for the heads up.

I won't ask anymore questions on this paper. I have a follow up question, based on your profile this is your field or at least you have good rapport with those that are involved in archaeogenomic work. Are the late Roman Bessi sites getting sampled? I'm not asking for details, just curious if the attempt has been made or if the intention even exists.

Last edited:
The Pre-Albanian situation can't be clarified with samples from Albania alone, but needs samples from the whole Carpatho-Balkan macro-region.

Despite Davidski being known, i think the other one Dr. Leonidas should be that Greek poster with Albanian subclade R1b-Z2705. IDK, he looks like the same person to me.
It seem so. So Albanian after all. Hahaha.

Attachments

• 26330C73-D60F-4A1C-A4A6-FD612B9B701A.png
    26330C73-D60F-4A1C-A4A6-FD612B9B701A.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 120
That could be the proto-Greek R1b clade (PF7562/63).
If that is the proto Greek R1b that the Anatolian roots seems more plausible.

What the **** is this? Posting personal information of FTDNA matches is illegal. Are there no moderators in this forum?
I don't think its illegal if the data base is public (might be from a project?), but its bad behaviour and people shouldn't do it anyway.

What the **** is this? Posting personal information of FTDNA matches is illegal. Are there no moderators in this forum?
Hahahha, in FTDNA you have the option to make the result public or not. If I can see him as a match that means that we both have decided to make the results public.

Attachments

• 2EF9239B-2A7C-420E-BEC2-627C6F1A0858.jpeg
    2EF9239B-2A7C-420E-BEC2-627C6F1A0858.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
If Early Iron Age burial than R1b Z2103 in line with the following
But from what I can tell this is not the Kamenic mound, so who knows.

Correct it is not, but chance ls to be different are low.
Would be interesting to see the DNA. We know J2b made it all the way to Peloponnese so there is a chance.
The absolute curveball if V13 though :LOL:

This thread has been viewed 28645 times.

Back