Army rations rehydrated by urine

A lot of work, PTB, but what's the point? The article is still not as biased as that of the philosophy teacher which simply dismisses urine therapy. It has to be researched thoroughly before the conclusion can be drawn that it doesn't work at all. Before that research is done, it's up to the individual to decide whether to try it, or not.

PaulTB said:
Yeah, and a meteor may crash through my bedroom roof tomorrow and toast my computer.
Now you are criticizing that the article is not positive enough? Should she have written "is absolutely sure to..."?

7th paragraph: Not that far out. If you start at the skeptic end of the range "relatively sterile, HIV has been found present but in very low amounts ..." and goes on to mention Hepatitis B and other diseases that can be passed on through urine. Then if you look at the 'pro' sites have comments like "absolutely sterile" which is just wrong.
Misquoting? Where is "absolutely sterile" in the article? & where is this "sterile, HIV has been found" part? Just quoting other websites?
But this "sterile" part is actually one of the few points I would criticize. Since urine therapy is done with one's own urine this is not much of a concern, though.

"said B.V. Khare, M.D., a physician from Mumbai, India who advocates urine therapy to his patients." And may God have mercy on them.
Why? Which god, anyway?

Well I could go on for the rest of the article but it's long enough for me already.
Well you left out the essential part, the conclusion:
"Despite the first impression that the Western mind often has of seeing the modern practice of urine therapy as antiquated at the least, or revolting at the most, its value need not be immediately dismissed. However, it is up to the people to decide if it is right for them."

Jean-Francois said:
Don't be surprised what women would do for beautiful skin. When my sister who had a face of freckles found out about it, she offered to pay me US$1000 to try the "formula" and see if it worked. But I told her to try it first ... so, it ended up neither of us had tried it.

Jean Francois if you read the labels on most moisturising creams, they contain urea which is animals pee. It's all sterile etc. but still ...

This thread has been viewed 27796 times.

Back