classify him

johen

Elite member
Reaction score
94043581_large_cenit.jpg

Irish based on the hair

This is a tough one again.

I don't think he's northwest European; there's something more eastern about him, especially in the nose and the eyes, Slavic like, although to be sure I'd need a profile view. He has a bit of the look of some Croatian men I've known, so I don't know if he's Balkan Slav or maybe Moldovan, Ukrainian, something like that? A Ukrainian acquaintance of ours, married to a Greek woman, looked a bit like him.

Of course, I might be completely wrong. It's more just a hunch based on people I've known since we have only that one small picture.

The woman is completely different; I'd say Italian or Greek, but more Italian than Greek.

His hair is much too beautifully cut and styled and his clothes too perfect to be British. No offense meant, but they're just not as into fashion, if you know what I mean, unless they're actors, and often not even then. Plus, if he were an actor from the British Isles I'd probably recognize him.

Has to be German.

Now I'm leaning more toward Russian than Balkan Slav. Again, it's the eyes and nose.

His russian voice is intoxicating. [h=1]Dmitri Hvorostovsky[/h]

Now I looked him up. :)

His ethnicity is much more obvious here; as I said, it's the eyes and the nose.

cc14e96f502c5c7c97932441b1162417--robert-stolz-opera-singer.jpg

This is why I wondered if there was a profile picture of him to be sure...

pjimage-9-4.jpg

Mikhail-Baryshnikov--37859.jpg

It's that long but concave nose, with a broad, almost paddle shaped tip.

https:%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fit%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2FGetty  Images-615647800-1200x822.jpg

Minus the slightly Asiatic eyes, and with a different nose, Roberto Alagna, another opera singer, resembles him a bit. One of my dear friends is a voice teacher and she swears all great opera singers have a very broad face; more chambers for the music. :)

8e373fb9e6c1955603537e0f2c20e938.jpg

Looks German to me, like my dad except for the eyes

Oh, not this picture, I guess I didn't read all the way to the end of the discussion!! Sorry Johen! I'm not very good at guessing ethnicity. I always think the photos look like someone I know!

Oh, not this picture, I guess I didn't read all the way to the end of the discussion!! Sorry Johen! I'm not very good at guessing ethnicity. I always think the photos look like someone I know!

I think playing these games with a single picture does that. Looking at other angles it is clear that there is some Uralic input.
I have had contact with quite a few middle aged Germans in my life in academic and professional settings, and I could swear from that one single picture that guy had to be a German. But looking at other angles, its the eyes that mainly make the difference and give it away.

Ps: What's with Germans and Silver hair xD?

Looks like a type of French man

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 4854 times.

Back