Politics Democrat vs. Republican Occupations

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
It's not a surprise to me at all. Sometimes it has to do with STEM versus humanities education. Other times, when the education is basically the same, it seems to be a man versus woman thing.

Fun to look at, though. Obviously, if you're ever had to run a business, even a small one, you tend to vote Republican.

See:
http://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/

It's not a surprise to me at all. Sometimes it has to do with STEM versus humanities education. Other times, when the education is basically the same, it seems to be a man versus woman thing.

Fun to look at, though. Obviously, if you're ever had to run a business, even a small one, you tend to vote Republican.

See:
http://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/

Predictable, for sure, but still, interesting.

Just one question, though : what the heck do they mean by "exterminator"? Is that a profession? Some sort of duly registered hitman? My English fails me there!

Predictable, for sure, but still, interesting.

Just one question, though : what the heck do they mean by "exterminator"? Is that a profession? Some sort of duly registered hitman? My English fails me there!

I was drinking tea and choked a bit. Thank God for someone with a sense of humor. No, it means a pest exterminator, like cockroaches or an infestation of carpenter bees, the latter of which I've had, or birds getting in your roof, which I currently have. :)

Every profession I really wanted to be in (professor of history, performing arts, book store owner), is almost completely Democrat leaning, and I used to be center-right by American standards although getting more conservative by the day, I'm afraid. That's part of what put me off some of them. In the profession I actually chose it's not so skewed, but still heavily Democrat.

I don't discuss politics with women generally: it's as if we come from different planets. For what people think is a feminine looking woman, who has led a very old fashioned woman's life in a lot of ways, I've been accused of thinking like a man. So be it. People come in all types, and not everyone fits the stereotypes.

A few were a little surprising now that I looked more carefully: carpenter vs plumber, chef, engineer versus surgeons etc.

This thread has been viewed 284 times.

Back