DNA from the Bronze Age Altai reveals signs of ancient admixture

define what West Eurasian means for you ..........................is it west-asian and ?

what about the semitic south-west asian group that moved from south to north ..........didn't they get partly absorbed into european mix

Thats unknown and this is one of my biggest complains about these studies. They simply stated "West Eurasian" or "European like".

European like or even European can mean allot of things based on the definition. For example someone who is 4/10 Caucasus_Gedrosia, 4/10 North European and 2/10 Mediterranean would appear as much European as someone who is 80% North Euro in a scientist eyes. I know that because I have a person in my 23andme list who is half Kurd and half Irish/British and he ends up somewhere between the North and Eastern Europe clusters.

What I am trying to say with this without comparing these individuals to populations of Western Asia as well Europe, they could no way tell where is ancestry came from exactly because a Caucasus_Gedrosia/North Euro would genetically appear as "Central/Eastern European".

But contrary to Atlantic coast, you can find R* and R1* in all the way between Kurdistan and Kalash. ;)
So what? Now R* and R1* are assigned to Kurds?
Basic fact is that this haplogroups are too old to assign it to any kind of ethnicity. If you went with Goga's way of thinking, you would conclude that every western Eurasian ethnic group spread from Kurdistan, because the highest diversity of R, P, and maybe even K is there accompanied with high diversity of F. This fact is proof for anything like that.

So what? Now R* and R1* are assigned to Kurds?
Basic fact is that this haplogroups are too old to assign it to any kind of ethnicity. If you went with Goga's way of thinking, you would conclude that every western Eurasian ethnic group spread from Kurdistan, because the highest diversity of R, P, and maybe even K is there accompanied with high diversity of F. This fact is proof for anything like that.
Dear friend don't put words in my mouth which I didn't use. These Haplogroups are allot older than any modern ethnic group. How and where did I claim that these Haplogroups are assigned to Kurds, please elaborate. I have different opinion than Goga in quite a few things. So his words are not my words.

In all of my comments I CLEARLY defined a region between West and SouthCentral Asia as the place of origin. and even in my post above which you quoted: I clearly state from Kurdistan to Kalash. This includes everything in between.

And yes if the highest diversity of a Haplogroup and even it's parental clades are found in a specific region of the world than this is maybe not a prove but very strong sign that this Haplogroup might have evolved there or a place very close. :)

You seem to have problems in aknowlediging the possibility of a West Asian origin, I have no problem with an European origin of Indo Europeans I simply think that modern studies are giving us too much reason for an West Asian origin too, that we could simply ignore them.

Those samples from Mongolia were heavily mixed with East Asians, which explains why most are dark haired with brown eyes.

That is obviously true(because we know what pigmentation ones from the Karasuk region had) but all of the samples were estimated to have majority European ancestry, some over 80%. East Asian admixture can probably explain why Sami and Finno-Urgics in Russia have darker hair and eyes than other northeast Europeans, not isolated ancestry which did not go through the Neolithic-Bronze age depigmentation process(which some have suggested as the answer).

This thread has been viewed 62620 times.

Back