E1b in Europe

I wrote that myself, yes it's all factual information, no I don't have sources.

Greek historians wrote that Pellasgians were the people inhabiting the region of west Turkey, Greece, Albania, Southern Italy, before the rest came. Hellenic historians wrote about their presence. All remains today from Pellasgs are some toponims. Example: Larissa in Greece, Lissus in Albania and some others

no not southern Italy, but central North Italy,

Etruscans are connected with Pelasgians,

we possibly speak of Hattians (at least for me the only explanation)

and yes Pelasgians are connected with 2 possible theories of ancestral origin in linguistic terms,

1) is Akkadian + Summerian, (I have wrote about that influence in Balkans)
2) South Caucasian (Taranis defend that Idea in linguistic)

for example Summerian Kur Greek κορυφη(kur+ υβος) south Slavic Goran(jie)
is AkkadoSummerian

but Hath+ru (Αθ/Ατ + ρω) is showing south Caucas origin,
Attica = Hath+con
Hatria = hath + ρω
Etruscan = hatth + ρω+con
yet it is difficult to compare since the pelasgian language knowledge is limited
but we know for example La = stone (Lapis)

The iapygians of apulia where pelasgians from Crete, and Anatolia before. There was an ancient pre-Etruscan and less successful J2 substratum across parts of south Italy even before the greek colonizers arrived, from people such as oenotrians, chones etc.

SOME of greek historians yes - by I think I red that even some previous groups of Greeks were named like that by more recent groups... all the way, even if taking in account the description you mention it does not tell us what ethnicity and language were attached to it... I-E (by example: anatolian ones like louwites or lydians) OR non-I-E ? (possibly akin to pre-Etruscans?)
-
so the term still remains obscure and confusing: the term exists but the complete meaning escapes to us

No previous group of Greeks where referred to as iapygians, other than Iapyx who was a mythical figure from Crete.The name of the iapygians themselves is derived from Iapyx, son of Lycaon from Lycaonia ( south-central turkey). This is how an anAtolian group of men spread from Anatolia ( lycaonians where related to lycians, Carians, Lydians) the iapygians originated from Crete from these middle eastern people's and spread to Crete from where some of them heading to Sicily ended up landing their boats on the western coast of apulia.

SOME of greek historians yes - by I think I red that even some previous groups of Greeks were named like that by more recent groups... all the way, even if taking in account the description you mention it does not tell us what ethnicity and language were attached to it... I-E (by example: anatolian ones like louwites or lydians) OR non-I-E ? (possibly akin to pre-Etruscans?)
-
so the term still remains obscure and confusing: the term exists but the complete meaning escapes to us
Its not obscure the term,no. Pellazgs and Hellens coexisted for thousand of years. Historians mention them up to 2000 B.C. They were separate entity up to that point. After that no longer is heard about them. That means they were outnumbered by Hellens, Illyrians, Thracians etc... There is no doubt about their existence. Archaeologists note that they had distinct pottery.

This thread has been viewed 46744 times.

Back