Eclectic interests of oriental.

Ukrainian girls become anime cartoon characters through surgery:

Japan Weekend cosplay video:

Those girls should have done dress ups instead of surgery. This dress up or costume play is the latest craze it seems.

Japan weekend 2016

7 most famous beatiful cosplayers:

Best anime cosplay:

Top 6 cosplay describe themselves in 3 words:

10 sexiest female cosplays in comiccon:

The most famous cosplays 2017-2017:

Hollywood actors with the best muscular bodies:

Top 10 Bollywood actors with best bodies:

American girls better not attempt this stuff or they'll be at least ostracized for "cultural appropriation". :)

You can't even get dressed up as an iconic member of another ethnicity for Halloween without the PC police coming after you. This is what started all the furor about "safe spaces", and "trigger warnings". Well, I don't think I ever tried to "appropriate" anyone else's cultural identiy on Halloween, unless vampires are going to protest too! :)

Not to say I approve of this. Is this the result of so many women fighting for gender equality in voting, the workplace, reproductive rights? It was all so idiotic teenagers can choose to dress up as pedophile bait? How pathetic.

American girls better not attempt this stuff or they'll be at least ostracized for "cultural appropriation". :)

I am not sure about 'cultural appropriation' as these costume plays are creatures of comic books and cartoons. Of course it is the artist who creates these images. Most of them are science fiction or fantasy images of muscle-bound men and women of incredible curves. It is the culture of geeks i.e. those who grew up on comics.

I think it is the religious aspects that creates the most problem. The 'bindi' worn on the forehead is a religious symbol to a Hindu Indian as much as a 'yarmulke' to a religious Jew. The native Indian headdress could also represent a religious head wear. Yoga is actually of religious origin. I maybe wrong but Chinese and Japanese do not care if a western girl wear cheongsam or the geisha kimono unless it worn to ridicule that culture and show it in bad light as is often the case with Halloween. Costumes worn in Halloween or Samhain represent unpleasant spirits.

The ones I grew up on were cowboys, eg Lone Ranger. There was Superman. Batman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Bat Woman. In the 80s X-Men appeared now a whole batch of them have that I am not familiar with. Supergirl grew up to be Power Girl in a white uniform if I can call it that more like circus trapeze costume. I think the girls like that and dress up as Power Girl. I am surprised as I dig deeper I find it is all over the world.

Cosplay Convention Anime and Manga 2016:

Dutch Comic Con 2016:

Stuttgart Comic Con 2016:

London Comic Con 2013:

Man, I have a close friend who I went to school with and he attends any con he's able to make. I always see on my facebook feed x is attending "this" con (x is a placeholder for his name for privacy). Hmmm...I just realized that the least "geekiest" friend of mine is way into Marvel.

San Diego Comic Con 2016 all the movie character Star Wars and others:

There is a monetary aspect to it. The movie industry and comic publishers like DC Comics and Marvel in the old days had to hire the actors or models and made their costumes. Many of the cosplayers are models and costume designers and some make their living making costumes for others and the most popular ones have a following in Facebook and Twitter so they make money that way and they become spokesperson for the movies or videos and games.

San Diego is so close to Hollywood that I think they have the best and most attractive models i.e. aspiring actors and actresses.

San Diego 2014:

This thread has been viewed 306443 times.

Back