Europa Universalis or Back to the Past? Europe's Challenges in Hazardous Times

Diomedes

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Greek
Many a year have passed since the cornerstones of the European morphoma, which we now call European Union, were established. Europe has been in a turbulent situation for many years now mainly due to issues regarding the economy and migration. For sure, as Africa is projected to reach a population of 4 billion in the future, given that the situation there is not improved considerably, many a people will want to come up North. Of course Europa cannot handle that level of migration.

Furthermore, nowadays leaders seem too "small" and passive; it appears as if they do not have any thoughts on how to solve these hot topics. Perhaps no-one wants to touch the hot potato after all.

I was wondering if it is time to call it a day and move back to state level structure. After all, the smaller is the bureaucracy (which in Europe is huge and asphyxiates many aspects of life) the better it is to handle such phenomena. Plus history tells us that city-states were governed much better than nation-states.

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
In the City States Scenario, Cities in Greece and Italy would fall against Syrians as Levant fall in the Sea People invasion.

In the current development stage, there is no life for them. Don't forget many great structure which also include road, water way were built under big countries.

The biggest mistake of Europe is not integrate candicate countries after full participation.

But I agree you, there shouldn't be nation states.

For me, only option is full legal unification and if neceserry kick off some countries like Britain and some East European countries who wants to be independece in EU.

This thread has been viewed 1813 times.

Back