• Persian civilization

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indian civilization

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Maya civilization

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I`ll say the egyptien one
not because I`m egyptien but cause it was the first cilivization ever and other cilivizations imitated it

That's not true. The Mesopotamian, Greek, Kurgan, Indus and Chinese civilizations all started around the same time as the Egyptian one, if not earlier.

It could be argued that the Western European Megalithic civilization also started earlier than the Egyptian one as some megaliths are older than the first pyramids. The oldest megaliths are 7000 years old. The Predynastic Period of ancient Egypt started 5000 years ago.

It all depends on what you call "civilization". Is a primitive Neolithic agricultural society without cities and without a state a civilization ? I don't think so.

That's not true. The Mesopotamian, Greek, Kurgan, Indus and Chinese civilizations all started around the same time as the Egyptian one, if not earlier.

It could be argued that the Western European Megalithic civilization also started earlier than the Egyptian one as some megaliths are older than the first pyramids. The oldest megaliths are 7000 years old. The Predynastic Period of ancient Egypt started 5000 years ago.

It all depends on what you call "civilization". Is a primitive Neolithic agricultural society without cities and without a state a civilization ? I don't think so.

the egyptien civilization was exist before the discovery of writing
and if we tlak about the civilization Prehistoric you will see the badery and fayome civilizations
now egyptologist say that egyptiens discovered the Agriculture 12500 B.c
and when egypt unified in the first time about 4400B.c egypt was reached along way with civilization
Now we are in the year 6227 in the egyptien years and that`s means that ancient eyptiens discovered the Solar calendar 6227 years ago
and to discover that you need too much knowldage and that`s means the the civiliaztion was earlier .

all the europien civilizations were mainly taked from greece and everybody know that greeks get it from Egypt

there was american writer called martine palner who said that all the greece civilization is pharaonic and half of the language is egyptien
do you know that the world desert in egyptien mean the red land or the yello land and we said it "deshert" that`s for example
also you can read Legacy of Egypt to w. dawson to know how much the greece took from us
and for sur you red the book Stolen Legacy to George G. M. James

the eastern civilization like indian or chiness starte too early I`ll not dnay that but it didn`t effect in the human civilization march (little effects)

And my vote goes to the Greco-Roman civilisation. :)

I agree.

The Egyptians had a great civilization. The Mesopotamians had a great civilization.

But first in time is not necessarily best. (y)

Many civilizations did. But the first writing system originated in Mesopotamia, not in Egypt. Europe may also have predated Egypt for early writing, with the Vinča symbols (in South-East Europe) going back to 8,000 years ago.

The oldest pyramids known on earth are not those of Egypt, but those of Visočica hill (or Grad hill) in the Bosnia. Some archaeologists estimated that they could be up to 14,000 years old, although the actual date is probably closer to 9,000 years old.

Now we are in the year 6227 in the egyptien years and that`s means that ancient eyptiens discovered the Solar calendar 6227 years ago
and to discover that you need too much knowldage and that`s means the the civiliaztion was earlier .

Stone circles like in Stonehenge were also used as calendars. Although the stone version is "only" 5,000 years old (like the Pyramids of Giza), there is evidence of an earlier site going back to 10,000 years ago.

all the europien civilizations were mainly taked from greece and everybody know that greeks get it from Egypt

Not Western European Megalithic civilizations.

there was american writer called martine palner who said that all the greece civilization is pharaonic and half of the language is egyptien

That's possible in the case of pre-Mycaenian Egypt. Y-DNA has indeed confirmed a high presence of haplogroup E1b1b in Greece stemming from Egypt.

Roman, without Greek(Vizantia), because Ellins were successor of Roman and have not thought up nothing. And they were patinet successor, because they had not create a new directions in art and philosopher idea by they fall.
But, of course, old Greek, were great civilizations.

Roman, without Greek(Vizantia), because Ellins were successor of Roman and have not thought up nothing. And they were patinet successor, because they had not create a new directions in art and philosopher idea by they fall.

The ancient Greeks and Etruscans provided Rome with nearly all its culture.

As for the Byzantines you despise, they, as the Eastern Roman Empire, outlasted the Western Roman Empire by a thousand years.

Plus it was the Greek scholars with their texts who migrated into Italy after the fall of Constantinople who contributed a large part in the development of what was to become the Renaissance movement.

well for your information there is an ancient report that about 600 BC Romans visited Sparta and created a kind of constitution according Lakonian state, Greeks is the case of early romans the middle and Byzantium is the 3rd period of Greco-Roman,
while in West where Roman empire could not stand new dreamers of Romans build empires like Romans but based in another Nations etc,
Greeks and roman are not connected before 200-100 BC, after is Greco-roman mostly in East,
in west it is a little different.

and if we tlak about the civilization Prehistoric you will see the badery and fayome civilizations
now egyptologist say that egyptiens discovered the Agriculture 12500 B.c
and when egypt unified in the first time about 4400B.c egypt was reached along way with civilization

do you know that the world desert in egyptien mean the red land or the yello land and we said it "deshert" that`s for example
also you can read Legacy of Egypt to w. dawson to know how much the greece took from us
and for sur you red the book Stolen Legacy to George G. M. James

the eastern civilization like indian or chiness starte too early I`ll not dnay that but it didn`t effect in the human civilization march (little effects)

What you forget to say is: the original Egyptian were Greek, and as you know that the official language of Egypt was Coptic before the Arabic, as you see the Coptic language is written with Greek Alphabet.

For your information, the queen Cleopatra was Greek from the Aegean, read well your history before jumping over all.

In my opinion the Greek civilization, the Mesopotamian civilization (the Assyrian) are the greatest.

"Which civilization had the first system of law? The first formal educational system? The first tax cut? The first love song? The answers were found in excavations of ancient Sumer, a society so developed, resourceful, and enterprising that it, in a sense, created history. The book presents a cross section of the Sumerian "firsts" in all the major fields of human endeavor, including government and politics, education and literature, philosophy and ethics, law and justice, agriculture and medicine, even love and family.

History Begins at Sumer is the classic account of the achievements of the Sumerians, who lived in what is now southern Iraq during the third millennium B.C. They were the developers of the cuneiform system of writing, perhaps their greatest contribution to civilization, which allowed laws and literature to be recorded for the first time."

History Begins at Sumer: Thirty-Nine Firsts in Recorded History

by Samuel Noah Kramer

My votes goes to Mesopotamian civilization. although today's world built on greco-european civilization. the first steps of everything starts here (religion, writing, agriculture etc.)

I do not think it to be fair to declare one civilization as the greatest in history. Every civilization and in fact every human being who ever sat foot on earth had an important role to play in human evolution. Every civilization played important part and contributed invaluable additions all along to bring us to the stage where we are today.

I`ll say the egyptien one
not because I`m egyptien but cause it was the first cilivization ever and other cilivizations imitated it

How do Egyptians explain the current state of their civilisation? If the burden lies on the Egyptian people, how did you lose everything that made you great? If the blame lies on external forces, clearly, you are to rightly commend them for having such influence over everything you do. Where did things go wrong? I know about a half dozen Egyptians...when it's convenient they identify as Arabs, when it's not so convenient they distance themselves from Arabs and are quick to point out clear distinctions between themselves and Arabs, often through their ancient glory. I know one Egyptian girl in particular, telling me about her sister who married someone from a special forces team called "Thunderbolt". I didn't mean to burst her bubble, but i had to tell her that Thunderbolt suckles at the mammary gland of America, like the entire egyptian armed forces.

I think he means Ancient Egyptian culture, Barrister. Seeing as to how that's what the poll is actually asking. With maybe the exception of Hebrew, Chinese and Indian culture, every nation represented on that poll is doing a lot worse today than they did in ancient times.

Well, some of the cultures/civilizations are not dominant in their geographical areas anymore, and that might be painful to many, but this is just from overdose of pride.
It doesn't mean they are doing worse than before. They all have more citizens by power of ten, and comparing to ancient standard of living, they all doing much better now. The mortality is much lower, they have more food and much better variety. They have bigger houses, with TV and cellphones, and many have cars or bikes and travel way beyond their villages. Unheard off way back. The list is much longer, but I hope I made my point already.

Fair enough. What I really meant is that most of those cultures aren't as powerful/influential as they were during their respective hey days, but I did word it rather poorly. Thanks for clarifying that.

I knew what you meant, I just needed to point the little things that improved. :)

All listed ancient civilizations take a significant place in human history. There are different acceptance criteria for the assessment of which civilization is the greatest.
Since this is European forum, for me is an interesting effect of an ancient civilization that left such a strong influence up to the present day in this region which is reflected through the symbols present in front of the European Parliament and on the European coins.
It is the goddess of Mesopotamia or ancient Greece. To be honest, all the symbolism I do not know, but it is obvious that it is important for all of us in Europa.

Greco-Roman

Greco-Roman. It is pretty much the foundation of the Western World. However! All of those civilizations are important to the development of our cultures.

You got it round the wrong way. Greeks are superior to the Romans by a long, long long way. And the Romans polluted and corrupted everything they copied.

This thread has been viewed 45950 times.

Back