Greatest Military Conqueror In History

Who do you think is the greatest military conqueror in history?

• Alexander The Great

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Cyrus The Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Genghis Khan

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Julius Caesar

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Napoleon Bonaparte

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I would go with Alexander the Great also! Just the fact that by the age of 22 he had already conquered Greece before moving on to minor parts of Asia is amazing. He achieved alot at a very young age and in a small period of time where there might be some others that may have achieved more but they were also much older and and took or had more time to do so.

To me the greatest conquerer was G.W. Bush. He new exactly what he wanted in Iraq. Alexander was an adventurier that build an empire that collapsed the next day after was build.

The Black death is the greatest conquerer in European history, IMO.

Alexander The Great or we Kurds (Medes) call him Îskenderê Mezin (mezin means great/big in Kurdish). He defeated the Aryans in Persia and Bactria & Sogdia (Southcentral Asia) when Aryans were still a huge superpower.

Last edited:
Who do you think is the greatest military conqueror in history? I would have to say Genghis Khan. His tactics and ability to conquer largesforces with such a limited amount of soldiers are a few reasons. He also started what would become the largest land empire in history.

I agree. But don't forget that he had armies of hundreds of thousands raiding in different parts of Europe and Asia simultaneously. Had it not been for the ritual return of all of his troops to the homeland upon the death of a khan, and if his successors had maintained his vision, I see no reason why the Mongols could not have conquered the entire known world. Genghis, Mongke and Kublai were responsible for the Mongols ruling the greatest part of Europe, Arabia and South East Asia. Who at that period could have stopped them?

This thread has been viewed 41228 times.

Back