Religion Has Maciamo proved that God doesn't exist?

Actually, the folks at the Vatican generally have extremely different core beliefs than the average member of a hick church in South Dakota, so while they may both say they practice the same religion, it looks to an outsider to be two different religions using some of the same terminology. The Catholic church doesn't teach fundamentalism or the idea that science contradicts their faith and most American fundies do believe that. The Catholic church teaches that the Pope is the head of the christian religion, and Protestants don't believe that. The Catholic church teaches that there are seven sacraments, while Protestants believe that there are only two. Catholics believe that the Virgin Mary physically ascended into heaven, and Protestants don't. Fundies usually believe that people have to be "born again" to go to heaven, but Catholics don't. Catholics believe that the baker made god, with the help of a priest (transubstantiation) whereas Protestants don't. And in fact some Protestant groups, such as Oneness Pentacostals, don't even believe in the trinity. So, are they actually practicing the same religion?

Those aren't core differences. The Bible mentions being "Born Again", all it means is you've asked forgiveness from God and have been saved. It's a the base of all of Christianity, and the Vatican believes in it(maybe with differnt wording). I'd say the main differences are cultural add ons over the last 2,000 years. My impression is Protestants want mostly whats only in the Bible(I know there are other books in the Catholic one), while Catholics take tradition seriously to(Pope, 7 instead of 2 sacraments, etc.). Most Protestants and Catholics say they are one church. Other differences aren't at the core, like disagreeing with evolution(not all science).

Here: http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...g-my-posts-related-to-philosophy-and-religion

Maciamo wrote a definition:

Bible God (or Judeo-Christian God) : almighty and omniscient god that judges humans in their
daily life. This is by opposition to the passive Deist God, or gods from other religions (esp. polytheist).

For what so long name.:rolleyes:

Isn't easier write simply: Yahweh or Jehovah or at least Yhwh? (y)

Everyones will know that this is The God, God of the Biblie or God of Jews and Christians.:unsure:

Everyones will know that this is The God, God of the Biblie or God of Jews and Christians.:unsure:

Now dont rush too much!....there is much more in common between Islam and Judaism then Christianity. Remember that none of the others have a historical Jesus, a man that with a big sigh of relief contradicted the horrors of the old teachings (called the old testaments). Christians dont like to call it Change but they say 'Perfected'. Learn the scriptures of all monolithic religions then spot the difference ;)

Those aren't core differences. The Bible mentions being "Born Again", all it means is you've asked forgiveness from God and have been saved. It's a the base of all of Christianity, and the Vatican believes in it(maybe with differnt wording). I'd say the main differences are cultural add ons over the last 2,000 years. My impression is Protestants want mostly whats only in the Bible(I know there are other books in the Catholic one), while Catholics take tradition seriously to(Pope, 7 instead of 2 sacraments, etc.). Most Protestants and Catholics say they are one church. Other differences aren't at the core, like disagreeing with evolution(not all science).

So I guess differences in core beliefs don't matter to some people. John Knox would be horrified by that attitude.

I have no idea what you mean by "evolution (not all science)". Is it possible that you don't understand what the theory of evolution is all about? The theory of evolution simply explains that the reason plants and animals are so diverse is that species change and adapt in response to their environment, and that the present diversity of plants and animals was caused by a huge number of usually very small changes over the course of millions of years. And it's a theory, rather than being just a hypothesis, because it's supported by all of modern science and contradicted by none of it. Fundies dislike the theory of evolution because they believe that the earth is only a few thousand years old and that all plants and animals currently in existence have been here since "the creation" but such beliefs contradict scientific facts. And some ideas that some people try to attach to the theory of evolution, such as "social Darwinism" actually have nothing to do with Darwin's theory.

So I guess differences in core beliefs don't matter to some people. John Knox would be horrified by that attitude.

I have no idea what you mean by "evolution (not all science)". Is it possible that you don't understand what the theory of evolution is all about? The theory of evolution simply explains that the reason plants and animals are so diverse is that species change and adapt in response to their environment, and that the present diversity of plants and animals was caused by a huge number of usually very small changes over the course of millions of years. And it's a theory, rather than being just a hypothesis, because it's supported by all of modern science and contradicted by none of it. Fundies dislike the theory of evolution because they believe that the earth is only a few thousand years old and that all plants and animals currently in existence have been here since "the creation" but such beliefs contradict scientific facts. And some ideas that some people try to attach to the theory of evolution, such as "social Darwinism" actually have nothing to do with Darwin's theory.

I knew all that. Not all science is evolution, that was my point. I know what fundamentalist believe. And stop saying fundies. For once can you not be sarcastic and insulting? You argue for a tolerant human society, yet you're constantly intolerant and insulting people. In your mind the people you dis agree with(like fundies) are your enemies not people you work with to make a better world.

Here: http://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...g-my-posts-related-to-philosophy-and-religion

Maciamo wrote a definition:

Bible God (or Judeo-Christian God) : almighty and omniscient god that judges humans in their
daily life. This is by opposition to the passive Deist God, or gods from other religions (esp. polytheist).

For what so long name.:rolleyes:

Isn't easier write simply: Yahweh or Jehovah or at least Yhwh? (y)

Maciamo made clear that he was speaking from a position of logic and reason, rather than from a position of faith. Some of us are incapable of believing something that contradicts reason. Those of us who approach things in such a manner may sometimes disagree with one another because of differences in our level of knowledge or differences in the way we interpret facts but we do not just take things on faith the way you seem to. It's just a difference in how one addresses reality, reason versus faith.

I knew all that. Not all science is evolution, that was my point. I know what fundamentalist believe. And stop saying fundies. For once can you not be sarcastic and insulting? You argue for a tolerant human society, yet you're constantly intolerant and insulting people. In your mind the people you dis agree with(like fundies) are your enemies not people you work with to make a better world.

I have no idea what you mean when you say "Not all science is evolution". It's true that some of modern science is about things other than evolutionary biology. Some of it is about cosmology or biogenesis, for example. But these processes are consistent with the idea of a world in which, once organic life appears, it's capable of evolving.

I use the term "fundie" to refer to people who embrace certain ideas that are based on faith and that contradict reason, and I use the term because people know what the word means and I don't know why a common word abbreviation would upset you. The words "fundie" and "fundamentalist" are identical in meaning - they both refer to someone with a literalist religious viewpoint that contradicts reason.

I have no idea where you got the notion that anyone who disagrees with you is being "insulting". That does not seem to me to be a reason based perspective.

I have no idea what you mean when you say "Not all science is evolution". It's true that some of modern science is about things other than evolutionary biology. Some of it is about cosmology or biogenesis, for example. But these processes are consistent with the idea of a world in which, once organic life appears, it's capable of evolving.

I use the term "fundie" to refer to people who embrace certain ideas that are based on faith and that contradict reason, and I use the term because people know what the word means and I don't know why a common word abbreviation would upset you. The words "fundie" and "fundamentalist" are identical in meaning - they both refer to someone with a literalist religious viewpoint that contradicts reason.

I have no idea where you got the notion that anyone who disagrees with you is being "insulting". That does not seem to me to be a reason based perspective.

You know exactly what I mean by not all science is evolution. There's no other way of interpreting that. When people, like you, are sarcastic with tone and phrases they get away with it. I have had times where you directly insulted people. You're lying, end of story. The fact you have never admitted fault and relentless never stop, is very sad.

Maciamo made clear that he was speaking from a position of logic and reason, rather than from a position of faith. Some of us are incapable of believing something that contradicts reason. Those of us who approach things in such a manner may sometimes disagree with one another because of differences in our level of knowledge or differences in the way we interpret facts but we do not just take things on faith the way you seem to. It's just a difference in how one addresses reality, reason versus faith.

If you're such a reasonable person why do you try to convince people of your lies, and think you're insults and sarcasm are justified? You really need to look your self in the mirror.

If you're such a reasonable person why do you try to convince people of your lies, and think you're insults and sarcasm are justified? You really need to look your self in the mirror.

I think you meant "your" rather than "you're". And I see no sarcasm or insults in what I write.

Now dont rush too much!....there is much more in common between Islam and Judaism then Christianity. Remember that none of the others have a historical Jesus, a man that with a big sigh of relief contradicted the horrors of the old teachings (called the old testaments). Christians dont like to call it Change but they say 'Perfected'. Learn the scriptures of all monolithic religions then spot the difference ;)

Maleth, Maciamo was written about Bible God (I hope that he meant: God who is describe in the Bible, not that Bible is God ;) ).
And Maciamo meant by this term Judeo-Christian God. So what has Islam anything to do with that? Bible's God this is simply Jehovah or Jahweh.

I assure you, that I know very well scriptures of all monotheistic religions.

Maleth, Maciamo was written about Bible God (I hope that he meant: God who is describe in the Bible, not that Bible is God ;) ).
And Maciamo meant by this term Judeo-Christian God. So what has Islam anything to do with that? Bible's God this is simply Jehovah or Jahweh.

I assure you, that I know very well scriptures of all monotheistic religions.

Good and I understand it was your answer to Maciamo's past post which I did not notice. However the three religions stem from the same roots. Islam will always be relevant because of that. There are various passages to the name of God which shows the continuous inconsistency of Religions text. You can chose that god never really wanted a name too. Everyone can pick what they fancy. I know the Jehovas did. How about the one were Moses asked God what to call him and God replied "Indeed when I come to the children of Israel say to them "The God of your fathers has sent me to you and they say to me:- What is His name? God said that his name is 'I AM' (Exodus 3:13)not Jehova and Jahwe and not other that is mentioned today

However the three religions stem from the same roots.

Let say that, ok.. ;)

Islam will always be relevant because of that.

yeah, and disprooving himself also, because of that... :)

You can chose that god never really wanted a name too.

Every thing has name. Even word God is a name. Kindname. Not forename.
Even in english this is hard to make a differecne between this two notions.
Some languages (and probably most of ancient) did't distinguish between
this two kinds of names. My language do this very well. But for the ancient
people it wasn,t so obvious. What they had in mind written a "name": first
name, last name, or maybe general name? It doesn't matter.

How about the one

And how about the ~7000 timens where is written yhwh?

were Moses asked God what to call him and God replied "Indeed when I come to the children of Israel say to them "The God of your fathers has sent me to you and they say to me:- What is His name? God said that his name is 'I AM' (Exodus 3:13)

This is some kind of etymology of this name, because could it be so ancient, that even Moses
couldn't understand. For example LXX translate this place like Existing One. The same meaning
given to the name Strong concordance: http://biblehub.com/hebrew/3068.htm I would even say,
that this is some kind of Absolute-Being meaning - Superdeity, omnipotent, omnipresence, ever
existing, allmighty and so on - some one, who is above evrything, even better than any other god.

Besides, every good educated atheist, christian or jew have no doubts, that Yahweh
is the God of the Biblie. This whole nonsens about No-name or "I'm" instead the name
it is only a trinitarian dogma created only for one perpuose - to prove trinity - but this
is very unwise kind of prooving. Every religion dictionary or ecyclopedia will tell you the
same - that Yahweh is the God of the Bible, maybe with misterious name, but still.
And it doesn't matter if word 'name' means in that situation personal name, surname,
forename, describing name, or kind-name - becouse he is only one of his kind. (y)

not Jehova and Jahwe and not other that is mentioned today

And where you have missed the whole context? :petrified:
Above that verse and after him you have Yhwh over and over again.

And where you have missed the whole context? :petrified:
Above that verse and after him you have Yhwh over and over again.

But it clearly says God said I am, did God give instructions for change after that? and why would he?

But it clearly says God said I am, did God give instructions for change after that? and why would he?

So, only one verse seems to be true, and another 31.000 not...

Wow!

God siad that he is, of course, becouse he really is...
Pagan gods didn't exist - what he prooved a couple of weeks later...

And... why God cannot etymologize his name?

So, only one verse seems to be true, and another 31.000 not...

Wow!

God siad that he is, of course, becouse he really is...
Pagan gods didn't exist - what he prooved a couple of weeks later...

And... why God cannot etymologize his name?

Stop making it complicated and try to justify something so straight forward and obvious. Well all the different names just show how man made religion is. Why all this effort to justify something so obvious, and for what?.

Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" 14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"15God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.

Who ever invented any other name did not even care what god had to say
So simple.

Read post #79

Ones Religion or not is private

Stop making it complicated and try to justify something so straight forward and obvious. Well all the different names just show how man made religion is. Why all this effort to justify something so obvious, and for what?.

Who ever invented any other name did not even care what god had to say

So simple.
Yet again another flamboyant, ostentatious and clingy; misinformed analytical misinterpretation by the feminine-acting, possibly homosexual; sheltered from-the real-world, mama's boy Maleth.

It would be something decent that atheists and non-believers do not start to call names other people who are non-atheists.
It is easy to blame the religion for what people are doing.
Well most Bolsheviks were atheists and Bolshevisms is known for so many atrocities.
Can you people who are atheists explain this?
Not to mention that World War II was not a religious war,it had to do with other things.

This thread has been viewed 47647 times.

Back