How much Turks and Slavic influence the Greek genetic pool ?

There is a new search in Greece focusing local Makedonians before 1860 from central Makedonia, upper Makedonia and parts of Thessaly and Epirus wich were considered as ancient Makedonia Connected,

it is at old man more than 70 years old awhose grand fathers were locals at the villages before 1860 (Thessaly Greek-Turkish wars),

we have to wait for the publish, but from what I heard we maybe have surprising differences with R1a G2 and J2 .
the samples are many, so to give a good map.
from the search populations are excluded, like Pontian and Smyrna Greeks, Aromani, Arbanites, Epirotans, Romanians, Slavic Makedonians, Cretans, Peloponese, Bulgarians etc, so to have clear view,
you may get surprised.

Now about Turkish and Turkic populations in Balkans,
1rst Turkic, as well known Turkic is the case of Cumans which we know they inhabit Kumanovo in Fyrom and some other places, so a search there couls help,
2nd Turkish, the known migration of authentic Turkish populations were mainly in East parts of Turkey and Azerbaijan, reaching Mirsini (Mercina) and a part of them with Turkish assimilated population at Adrianoupolis -Edirne, and the migrations to Con/polis-Istabul. the rest Turkish populations are mainly assimilated locals to Islam and to Turkish language, so it is clear that major Turkish population is local pre-Turkish.

Now about Slavic populations. that is a fact since we have even linguistic elements,
it seems like Slavic migrations to Greece happened through 4 ways, from wich 2 were short
1 Dusan of Serbia short influence
2 Cymeon of Bulgaria also small influebce
3 marriages of Nobles and small migrations, that explains why Mt Αροανια Aroania is changed to Helmos
4 through Ottoman empire,
Ottomans wanted to break a national continuity were ever they went, so they took small populations from every part, that helped them also in merchantise, that small communities gave an international colour, and could help avoiding rebellions.
the last is clear since even today we find Slavic to be turned to Greek sounds mainly at big merchants families, and the opposite in South Slavic countries,
I mean one who was named Bogdan become Bogdanos and one with name Nikolaou in Greece become Nikolic or Nikolov or Nikolu in Balkans,

the case among Greek-Makedonian and Slavic Makedonian is not as some people say,
a good example is to check Monasterion-Bitola population and around Florina-Lerin population,
and what is the population today.
Monasterion town was more than 40% Greek inhabited, while Florina villages had more than 30% Slavic populations, yet today Monasterion share almost Zero Greek population and Florina numbered Slavic speaking,

Last edited:
It is realy rearly mentioned in Serbian-Croatian-Bosnian- Montenegro-Macedonian literature that there is posibility we are Sarmathians. It was very important to Serbian ortodox church to conect us with Slavs - orthodox Russians , and even now it is very important for nationalists of Serbs , Croats and Bosniacs , because religion is only diference betwen those nations . I think former Croatian president Franyo Tudyman( he was doctor of historic science) published some works about Croatian Sarmathian-Iranic origins , but I dont know is that translated . You can try to find historian Mauro Orbin from XVI century he was from Dalmatia and wrote in Italian . About settling of Sarmathians by Constantine , you can find it in every book about him or Byzantium .

There was a Sarmatian or Scythian tribe called Serboi that settled in todays east europe/middle europe (Poland) sarmatians also settled in ukraina and romania, I think.

This Serboi tribe where they lived was called white Serbia (west serbia) and another was called white croatia, became fully slavicized by language but they immigrated down to czechia and then the Balkans, they are historically called Slavs... but they might not of been slavs. but today there is still a slavic speaking people in Poland called Sorbs. the Serbs and croats though settled in the balkans But from historical sources it says many of the people that lived there in todays croatia, serbia etc were Vlachs (Romanized people) and many were fully assimilated into croat and serb population, even serbs marrying Vlachs until 19th century... you have some famous serb people of Vlach origin. But if you look at Romanians/Wallachians it's very high I2a too... it's a theory.

But that about the Sarmatian tribe Serboi and Sorbs of Poland, and white serbia, white croatia, and then the seperation of Serbs and Sorbs becoming different people because Serbs moved, is not even a theory, it's a historical fact, I think.

also Serbs have high E too.

This thread has been viewed 93016 times.

Back