Immigration Islamist attack in Paris

Diocletian

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Turkish
Gunmen have attacked the Paris office of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, killing 12 people and injuring seven in an apparent Islamist attack.
At least two masked attackers opened fire with assault rifles in the office and exchanged shots with police in the street outside before escaping by car.
The gunmen shouted "we have avenged the Prophet Muhammad", witnesses say.
President Francois Hollande said there was no doubt it had been a terrorist attack "of exceptional barbarity".
A major police operation is under way in the Paris area to catch the killers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883

This is sick and hits freedom of expression hard. The pillars of Western culture.

First of all My condolence to the families.

So ISIS has reached Europe. It will get worse if Europe doesn't start to support the opposing Kurdish fighters both in iraq AS WELL Syria, just because so called "allies" the financiers of ISIS don't want it.

This is sick and hits freedom of expression hard. The pillars of Western culture.

There is no freedom of expression in shooting civilians on the streets. This is a clear terrorist attack probably connected to ISIS.

The murdered editor in chief Charlie Hebdo was a friend of Kurds. He wrote articles about Kurds and against ISIS. SO pretty sure it has to do with ISIS. ISIS cells are getting active.

Hopefully the west will become less self-hating and self-destructive because of events like these. We need to acknowledge threats and problems, and not let petty things like the race or religion of the people determine how we think. You don't have to be a Nazi or a cowboy to be against Islamist extremist violence.

During WW2 not many people cared about Nazi and Japanese-ideology, all they cared about was taking down nations who oppressed innocent people, and that's how we need to treat the ISIS and other violent Islamic groups.

My initial opinon/guess on ISIS

They're run by uneducated, unintelligent, over optimistic people who most of whom have some-type of mental disorder. Their only strength is numbers, weapons/money/supplies, passion, and the unstable political situation in the middle east.

They don't have the organization and minds to be a serious threat to any 1st would nations, unless they commit a series of untraceable attacks or nuke someone.

They're lying to themselves if they think they stand a chance against western militarizes.

It's sad that many Muslims have been brainwashed into the ISIS-extremist mind-set, and at this point there's no way to change them, and we have to kill them. Honestly if I grew up in Iraq, I'd probably be a Islamic-extremist. When I was younger I was easily drawn to that type of militia stuff and was a bit raciest. Any of us could be one of them.

They want the west to make a crusade, so to unify the islamic world from mauritania to indonesia

It's sad that many Muslims have been brainwashed into the ISIS-extremist mind-set, and at this point there's no way to change them, and we have to kill them. Honestly if I grew up in Iraq, I'd probably be a Islamic-extremist. When I was younger I was easily drawn to that type of militia stuff and was a bit raciest. Any of us could be one of them.
So true! From A to Z.

je suis charlie

I have decided to put this on a new post, it is about Nice's attack that happened on France's national day.

[h=1]Strasbourg shooting: At least four dead, several seriously injured in attack at Christmas market - latest news[/h]
French media report ongoing shootout between security forces and gunman, who has been identified by police

DPA and Reuters Dec 11, 2018 11:14 PM

1.6741079.3965527671.jpg

Police securing a street and the surrounding area after a shooting in Strasbourg, December 11, 2018. Credit: VINCENT KESSLER/ REUTERS

At least four people were killed and 11 people were wounded in a shooting near a Christmas market in the French city of Strasbourg on Tuesday, Interior Ministry said. France's counter-terrorism prosecutor opened an investigation into the shooting.
The gunman has been identified by the police and loca media report he has been located in a street just south of the city center. Special forces reportedly began engaging in shootout with him.
A member of the European Parliament says the legislative body is currently on lockdown. "European Parliament has activated emergency protocol. We are currently in lockdown [sic] to safeguard people here. Stay safe and inside," Eva Kaili wrote on Twitter.

One local shopkeeper told BFM TV that the shooting lasted about 10 minutes.
France remains on high alert after suffering a wave of attacks commissioned or inspired by Islamic State militants in 2015 and 2016, which killed more than 200 people.

How delightful.

How delightful???? That innocent people just trying to have a fun time were killed???
American citizens don't get sarcasm.

This thread has been viewed 711 times.

Back