Don Francesco Scipio Augustus
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-Gaucho
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-YP3929
mtDNA haplogroup
Hv1b2
Could this lineage been related to Ashkenazi Jews?
My Maternal Grandpa has the lineage J2a1 Z387> FGC35503, predict by nevgen, I confirmed it by testing my cousin, direct descendant from the same paternal line.
My paternal 3th grandpa came from Eastern Germany, with a common surname, around the begging of 20's Century, he was a German Engineer related to the Army of Prussia and came from Brazil for the building of railways.
I know my maternal 3th grandma, from direct line, was from Jewish Origin(Rheinland Ashkenazi, father from Worms mother from Frankfurt), as well as her husband(from Sefardi Origin) -i m Hv1b2 - her father and mother went sporadically around 1870-1880, but at 1904 some Jewish Colonies were founded in Rio Grande do Sul, around some railways made for connect those Jews.
Those Jews came from Bessarabia, Bukovina and Galicia.
On the docs of my 3th Grandpa I found few docs, and he had a mysterious death, at the same time Brazilian Dictator Getúlio Vargas was allied with the Axis.
Also my 2th Grandpa hated supremacist speech and married one Harnizo Platino Female, from traditional Pampean Landowners, cause he deslike the ethnical complex of Germans here.
Most of mine matches, outside of Brazil, are with Jews, also strangely my Germanic influence came from my father by Ancestry(Almost Venetian with minor Lombardian, mostly Cimbrian and Bellunesi, minor ladin), my highest matches were not only with Rheinland Jews, but Bukovina, Bessarabia and Galicia Jews, the same regions that went here and found the phillipson colony.

In most estimates I can't see the Jewish side cause I m half Italian and it usually went to southern Italy, but when it appears I got between 12-18% - might been around 12% considering my Grandma - and also 1/5 of mine matches are Jews, at least, partially might be more, not only from Germany but Eastern Europe, Mizharim and Greek/Turkish.
Also seems that my mother pass around 20% of Eastern Med like DNA, and almost all my "Germanic" side came from Father.

So I ask you, could this lineage been related to Ashkenazi Jewish?
I found just one lineage in Germany.
Also ancestor was Redheaded, green eyes and played a typical Jewish hole on the army(Engineer).

It's funny cause Italian side is R1a(I m) and German J2.

Edit: I m making one study about "cripto-jews" that went to New World(With Catholic or Lutheran Docs) - not the case of my family but it was common specially on latin America, poorish Place - cause I found several Jewish Results on supposed German friends here, found several last names and phenotypes, without any relation to the two Jewish Colonies founded here.

Attachments

• IMG-20230403-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230403-WA0006.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I saw that several Turkish and Caucasus related populations have this lineage, off course most of Ashkenazi DNA didn't came from Khazars but a minority might came(their didn't vanish).
So if it was Jew than could been related to a minority assimilated from Khazars

This thread has been viewed 527 times.

Back