Kosovo

Nobody ever mentioned Illyria or Illyrians in connection with Slavs during Tito's Yugoslavia. It was only said that Albanians may be in some connection with Illyrians, but nothing except that.
The illyrian is is an obsolete theory, my theory about origin of albanian is this: "was conquered (i think in mid east) by roman and moved in the balkan".
I'm srry, i have wrong with a napoleonic time.

Because you're making it look like one has to be either poor, or to be in debts. And it's absolutely not right.
One can get many loans, and be rich at that moment.

Because Kosovo not was poor i a time of jugoslavia? I know Kosovo was poor in a time of jugoslavia.

So, in fact, they could? Give us numbers? Lets see how many Albanians did emigrate.

Ok.
"After the breakdown of the communist regime in Albania in 1990, Italy had been the main immigration target for Albanians leaving their country. This was because Italy had been a symbol of the West for many Albanians during the communist period, because of its geographic proximity"
Source: Wikipedia.
In this video, is confirmed " Albanian's can't escape and who escape he was killed".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a_b68bnIrM

I don't know when Kosovo was given to Serbia, but it was probably very long ago, since everything old that exists in Kosovo carries Slavic marks and not Albanian.
Maybe Shqiptars were Slavic before they were given name Albanians, and before they were converted to Christianity? That would explain your theory.

After end of ottoman empire.
Was given to Serbia by pression of russia.
Russia wanted to conquered all balkan, but they begin to take territory (they used the pression in the concil) and give to slavs country (like serbia).
The tsarist Russia was interested to conquer Durazzo and Thessaloniki for control the Mediterranean, but for control this two port need to conquer bosnian,fyrom,bulgaria,albania and greece.
In fact, according to you, why there was so much nationalism at that time? (1914)
Because russia (subtly) injected the Slav nationalism.
Think about whether to kill the Austrian prince made ​​him a Russian instead of a Serb.
The First World War? It was only a war that goal as they wanted to conquer the Mediterranean.
You Serbs are being used for a dirty game.
Russia you wanted all balkan and mediterranean? Ok, go to fight alone against austrian.

Last edited:
The illyrian is is an obsolete theory, my theory about origin of albanian is this: "was conquered (i think in mid east) by roman and moved in the balkan".
I'm srry, i have wrong with a napoleonic time.
OK
Because Kosovo not was poor i a time of jugoslavia? I know Kosovo was poor in a time of jugoslavia.
Yes, Kosovo was extremely poor in 1945, and it got much richer by 1990. Of course it was still the poorest in Yugoslavia, but the differences between north and south were smaller than before. Tito's government was communist and they watched carefully that no one stands out, so they gave every surplus of money that could bring luxury to the North, down to Kosovo and Montenegro.

"After the breakdown of the communist regime in Albania in 1990, Italy had been the main immigration target for Albanians leaving their country. This was because Italy had been a symbol of the West for many Albanians during the communist period, because of its geographic proximity"
Source: Wikipedia.
In this video, is confirmed " Albanian's can't escape and who escape he was killed".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a_b68bnIrM
Yes I know that they couldn't have escaped to foreign countries, but the problem is that Hoxha saw Kosovo as part of Albania.
I'm interested only in those numbers - Albanian citizens that crossed the border of Yugoslavia.

After end of ottoman empire.
Was given to Serbia by pression of russia.

And before Ottomans who was on Kosovo? Bulgarians?

Yes I know that they couldn't have escaped to foreign countries, but the problem is that Hoxha saw Kosovo as part of Albania.
I'm interested only in those numbers - Albanian citizens that crossed the border of Yugoslavia.
Man, i think you don't understand.
If your governament decides to close the borders, you can't go anywhere.
And before of comunism, albanian go to USA (like all country european).
Before of albanian comunism and after albanian comunism your country was poor.

And before Ottomans who was on Kosovo? Bulgarians?
Mhhh you can "confimed" in a time existed the ideology about nation? Before of 1400 exist ideology of nation? I think no, exist the feudal systems (mid age), but not "the nation or nationality".
The kosovo was conquer in 1200 by serbs, but before of conquest was a part of bulgarians (conquer in 850).

Man, i think you don't understand.
If your governament decides to close the borders, you can't go anywhere.
And before of comunism, albanian go to USA (like all country european).
Before of albanian comunism and after albanian comunism your country was poor.

All Balkan countries are poor.

Mhhh you can "confimed" in a time existed the ideology about nation? Before of 1400 exist ideology of nation? I think no, exist the feudal systems (mid age), but not "the nation or nationality".

Who said anything about nations?

The kosovo was conquer in 1200 by serbs, but before of conquest was a part of bulgarians (conquer in 850).

1.What do you mean conquered? I'm not asking you who ruled Kosovo, but what people lived there?
There is no mention of Albanian language, people, kingdom, monuments on Kosovo before Bulgarians.
Why does it mention Slavs and Serbs on those territories?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Bulgaria-(893-927)-TsarSimeon-byTodorBozhinov.png

2. Why were Illyria and Epirus divided 2000 years ago, among the line of Tosk and Gheg dialects?
And why is Dardania between Skadar ans Scopi, and has nothing to do with Kosovo?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Post_Roman_Balkans.jpg
You can see Justiniana Secunda all up there in Moesia Superior.

We can see that Kosovo is separated from Albanina by massive mountain chains on South and East:
http://www.turkey-visit.com/map/kosovo/kosovo_terrain_map.jpg
http://www.history-map.com/picture/003/pictures/Kosovo-001.jpg

3. Why did census show a
File:Bulgaria_Simeon_I_(893-927).svg
negliable number of Albanians on Balkans before Turks? All I see is Slavs around Thessalia in mid 6th century, and mentioning of Thodemir in 479 (which sounds Slavic).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Kosovo_history

441: Invasion of Huns into Illyria.
479: Ulpiana is destroyed. King Theodemir sent his son Theodoric the Great with 3,000 soldiers to destroy the city.
517: A "great barbarian incursion"
518: Earthquake, destroying 24 strongholds in Dardania.
535–565: Emperor Justinian I (r. 527–565) rebuilt Ulpiana, naming it Justiniana Secunda after founding Justiniana Prima in 535.
Slavs are mentioned in the Balkans during Justinian I rule (527–565), when eventually up to 100,000 Slavs raided Thessalonica.

All Balkan countries are poor.
Greece is an exeption.

Who said anything about nations?
You have said "And before", and i have answer to you "Before don't exist ideology about nation and natiolity".

1.What do you mean conquered? I'm not asking you who ruled Kosovo, but what people lived there?
There is no mention of Albanian language, people, kingdom, monuments on Kosovo before Bulgarians.
Why does it mention Slavs and Serbs on those territories?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Bulgaria-(893-927)-TsarSimeon-byTodorBozhinov.png
Don't exist a metion about albanian before of 1400, but they exist (if you don't know).
When slavs enter in balkan was 600.
Albanian were also in roman empire because the language albanian have a majority words latin.

2. Why were Illyria and Epirus divided 2000 years ago, among the line of Tosk and Gheg dialects?
And why is Dardania between Skadar ans Scopi, and has nothing to do with Kosovo?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Post_Roman_Balkans.jpg
You can see Justiniana Secunda all up there in Moesia Superior.

We can see that Kosovo is separated from Albanina by massive mountain chains on South and East:
http://www.turkey-visit.com/map/kosovo/kosovo_terrain_map.jpg
http://www.history-map.com/picture/003/pictures/Kosovo-001.jpg

I don't understand what you wanted to say.
Just because is divided by moutain the albanian can't go to Kosovo? Aaaaa, ok, now explain to me how slavs "surpass" the ural moutains.

3. Why did census show a
File:Bulgaria_Simeon_I_(893-927).svg
negliable number of Albanians on Balkans before Turks? All I see is Slavs around Thessalia in mid 6th century, and mentioning of Thodemir in 479 (which sounds Slavic).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Kosovo_history

441: Invasion of Huns into Illyria.
479: Ulpiana is destroyed. King Theodemir sent his son Theodoric the Great with 3,000 soldiers to destroy the city.
517: A "great barbarian incursion"
518: Earthquake, destroying 24 strongholds in Dardania.
535–565: Emperor Justinian I (r. 527–565) rebuilt Ulpiana, naming it Justiniana Secunda after founding Justiniana Prima in 535.
Slavs are mentioned in the Balkans during Justinian I rule (527–565), when eventually up to 100,000 Slavs raided Thessalonica.
[/QUOTE]

Why the venetian think Montenegro is country populated by albanian???
Why language albanian is the only with a "culture latin"?
Albanian don't exist before of 1400 because they change a name of nation and nationality.
I have another question for you.
In europe all is "write" (script) about invasion or emigrants.
Why don't is "erite" nothing about emigrants "albanians"?
If albanian enter after the slavs, why the slavs or greek don't write nothing this "newcomer"?

Greece is an exeption.
Greece is in enormous debt.

You have said "And before", and i have answer to you "Before don't exist ideology about nation and natiolity".
Not true. I've never mentioned nations or natioanlity.

Don't exist a metion about albanian before of 1400, but they exist (if you don't know).
They could have existed. I'm asking you for proofs. Do you think we should believe just your words?

When slavs enter in balkan was 600.
Yes, it is assumed to be the period of last Slavic migration to Balkans.

Albanian were also in roman empire because the language albanian have a majority words latin.
Or maybe some other people (African, Celtic, Old-European, whicheverr) were in Roman empire, and they spoke latin, but then came Albanians (from somewhere)and subdued them.

I don't understand what you wanted to say.
Just because is divided by moutain the albanian can't go to Kosovo? Aaaaa, ok, now explain to me how slavs "surpass" the ural moutains.

Hm? Between Ural and Caspian sea? Let's say near Volgograd?
You know what I wanted to say - Albanians crossed that mountain gorges in recent history. Albanian language was not spoken on Kosovo before Turks. Bring up just one evidence that it was.

Why the venetian think Montenegro is country populated by albanian???
Why language albanian is the only with a "culture latin"?
Albanian don't exist before of 1400 because they change a name of nation and nationality.

Because both Montenegro coastline was also inhabited by Normans some 8 centuries ago. The only difference is geographical, because they couldn't have gone up to Montenegro mountains, while they spread more easily through Albanian plains. That's about the same time Anjou's established kingdom of Albania which was serving as an Italian oversea port for all the Christians aiming Holy Land. That's when Albania was inhabited with west/north/central Europeans, and that's why it has different ethnogenesis from Kosovo.

I have another question for you.
In europe all is "write" (script) about invasion or emigrants.
Why don't is "erite" nothing about emigrants "albanians"?
If albanian enter after the slavs, why the slavs or greek don't write nothing this "newcomer"?

Too many tribes of unknown origin lived on Balkans. This is the list of just Illyrians, and Albanoi is just one among them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ancient_tribes_in_Illyria

As for what we call Albanians today, it is written that they emerged on Balkans around 11th century, with armies that marched towards Constantinople.

Last edited:
Guys, the important thing is Kosovo is modernizing. New highways, new living buildings, western mentality. The rest is history. Slavs are an enourmous force in Europe. They number around 350 milion souls. 6 milion Albanians in no way are a match for them.

Greece is in enormous debt.
Debt? And with the enormous debt you "will" comparated greece with serbia?

Not true. I've never mentioned nations or natioanlity.
With "this before", you wanted to understand "serbian empire", but the empire don't was a "state".

They could have existed. I'm asking you for proofs. Do you think we should believe just your words?
Mhhh, the culture? This latin culture where from? Mongolia? China? Answer to me where take.

Or maybe some other people (African, Celtic, Old-European, whicheverr) were in Roman empire, and they spoke latin, but then came Albanians (from somewhere)and subdued them.
Total wrong, but is very wrong what you have said.
The Latin culture was taught thanks to the roman settlements.

Hm? Between Ural and Caspian sea? Let's say near Volgograd?
You know what I wanted to say - Albanians crossed that mountain gorges in recent history. Albanian language was not spoken on Kosovo before Turks. Bring up just one evidence that it was.
Who confirmed in Kosovo never speech "albanian" or other?

Because both Montenegro coastline was also inhabited by Normans some 8 centuries ago. The only difference is geographical, because they couldn't have gone up to Montenegro mountains, while they spread more easily through Albanian plains. That's about the same time Anjou's established kingdom of Albania which was serving as an Italian oversea port for all the Christians aiming Holy Land. That's when Albania was inhabited with west/north/central Europeans, and that's why it has different ethnogenesis from Kosovo.
Don't is a answer.
I say to you "If Montenegro was country inhabitate just by albanian and italian, why is a slav country?"....also the name "Montenegro" is maked by Venetian for albanian.

Too many tribes of unknown origin lived on Balkans. This is the list of just Illyrians, and Albanoi is just one among them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ancient_tribes_in_Illyria

As for what we call Albanians today, it is written that they emerged on Balkans around 11th century, with armies that marched towards Constantinople.

Mhhh, you "think" with a map i can find a tribe "called" albania? Ok, i don't have "find", but i find a tribe called "serbia" in Iran, probable serbian are Iranians? Absolutely no.
If i find a tribe in "indonesia","china" or other called "serbia" can't be the origin of serbians because is another culture, the culture show the origin and hystory.
Before of 1800, the name "Italy" and "italian" was used just for sicily and sicilian, you know that?
obviously no.
Trying to say that the Albanians came after the Slavs is false.
The fact that the Albanians were in Europe at the time of the Romans is confirmed by a Latin culture, is very clear this culture, in fact majority of albanian have "learned" italian language with a tv.

Dude, you're constantly writing nonsense and trying to put in my mouth words that i didn't say. What's with that?!

Debt? And with the enormous debt you "will" comparated greece with serbia?
Never have I compared Greece to Serbia. I said "all Balkan countries are poor", and they indeed are.

With "this before", you wanted to understand "serbian empire", but the empire don't was a "state".
Where have I said Serbian empire? Why are you mentioning Serbian empire? What does it have to do with anything we talked?

Mhhh, the culture? This latin culture where from? Mongolia? China? Answer to me where take.
What does latin culture has to do with Kosovo? There may have been Latin culture on Kosovo long time ago, but today's inhabitants are far from Latin culture.

Total wrong, but is very wrong what you have said. The Latin culture was taught thanks to the roman settlements.
It is equally possible as any other theory. Prove that your theory is right. I don't believe you, just because you'd like it to be so.

Who confirmed in Kosovo never speech "albanian" or other?
It's not for me to confirm that Albanian language was not spoken on Kosovo, it's for you to prove that it was. Stick to that.

Don't is a answer. I say to you "If Montenegro was country inhabitate just by albanian and italian, why is a slav country?"....also the name "Montenegro" is maked by Venetian for albanian.
People of Albania has no conclusive ethnogenesis, so it's futile to use that term it in any context except for national state. If you are eager to do so, you'll have to explain more specifically what do you mean when you say Albanians.

Mhhh, you "think" with a map i can find a tribe "called" albania? Ok, i don't have "find", but i find a tribe called "serbia" in Iran, probable serbian are Iranians? Absolutely no.
If i find a tribe in "indonesia","china" or other called "serbia" can't be the origin of serbians because is another culture, the culture show the origin and hystory.
Before of 1800, the name "Italy" and "italian" was used just for sicily and sicilian, you know that?
obviously no.
Trying to say that the Albanians came after the Slavs is false.
The fact that the Albanians were in Europe at the time of the Romans is confirmed by a Latin culture, is very clear this culture, in fact majority of albanian have "learned" italian language with a tv.

:confused::startled: That's not a confirmation! Don't play stupid.

For the last time, if you think that Albanians (whatever that means) came on Balkan before Slavs, I'm OK with that. But if you want me or anyone else to believe it, you have to prove it.

There are many proofs. You just have to read them. The biggest prof is Albanian language and existing toponims. When Slavs came to ballkans is documented in Roman books. You can't move it.

But what are the proofs they are connected with today's Albanians? Toponyms may be Thracian, Dacian, Illyrian or whichever tribe lived here (hundreds of them).
Do you understand how many possible scenarios are in the game, in which none of those people who lived 3000 years ago were connected genetically or linguistically with Albanians of the 20th century.

I always hear Albanians blabbing about E-V13 heritage, but there is more E-V13 people in Bulgaria in absolute numbers. What could that mean? That all E-V13 came from Bulgaria. That it is Thracian? Maybe Albanians were originally I2 like Illyrians, and what's left of them is now in Montenegro, while Albanian and Kosovo are repopulated by some other peoples. Those are all possibilities, but none can make any claims without evidence.

So until more data is available, we have to stop making "I'm sure of that" assumptions. Toponyms aren't Slavic, but that doesn't mean they are Albanian. Same goes for the language. Nobody has yet connected any of those "original" Albanian (non Greek/Latin/Slavic) word, with any of the languages of the BC Balkan. We don't even know any of those languages. We're not sure if they were satem, centum, IE or non-IE.

Never have I compared Greece to Serbia. I said "all Balkan countries are poor", and they indeed are.
With this poor you have compared "greece with other country of balkan".
For poor what "mean"?

Where have I said Serbian empire? Why are you mentioning Serbian empire? What does it have to do with anything we talked?
And then what did you mean before the empire turkish? Do you fish?

What does latin culture has to do with Kosovo? There may have been Latin culture on Kosovo long time ago, but today's inhabitants are far from Latin culture.
OMG! For latin culture is mean "language".
Albanian language is the only with a majority words (for words i means latin culture) latin.

It is equally possible as any other theory. Prove that your theory is right. I don't believe you, just because you'd like it to be so.
But it is not because I want to, if it were not so then the French would speak Celtic and etc..
The Latin culture (culture means no costumes or any other language) has spread through the settlements.
For prove exist a France,Spanish o Romanian language.

It's not for me to confirm that Albanian language was not spoken on Kosovo, it's for you to prove that it was. Stick to that.
For prove? This a prove, just with a latin culture have confirmed albanian stay in balkan for of slavs.
The latin culture where thay have take? obviously to settlements romanian.

People of Albania has no conclusive ethnogenesis, so it's futile to use that term it in any context except for national state. If you are eager to do so, you'll have to explain more specifically what do you mean when you say Albanians.
This is just the answer what you mean "for slavs".

:confused::startled: That's not a confirmation! Don't play stupid.

For the last time, if you think that Albanians (whatever that means) came on Balkan before Slavs, I'm OK with that. But if you want me or anyone else to believe it, you have to prove it.
Is have just said, don't is a game.
For prove? Yea, the latin culture.

But what are the proofs they are connected with today's Albanians? Toponyms may be Thracian, Dacian, Illyrian or whichever tribe lived here (hundreds of them).
Do you understand how many possible scenarios are in the game, in which none of those people who lived 3000 years ago were connected genetically or linguistically with Albanians of the 20th century.
For linguistic is connected to roman empire (majority of words latin in albanian language).
The lost of culture is normal in a under empire, french are celtics, but they don't show a celtics culture, they show a latin culture.

I always hear Albanians blabbing about E-V13 heritage, but there is more E-V13 people in Bulgaria in absolute numbers. What could that mean? That all E-V13 came from Bulgaria. That it is Thracian? Maybe Albanians were originally I2 like Illyrians, and what's left of them is now in Montenegro, while Albanian and Kosovo are repopulated by some other peoples. Those are all possibilities, but none can make any claims without evidence.
I'm not so informed about dna.
I just know the e-v13 is high in Kosovo and greece.

So until more data is available, we have to stop making "I'm sure of that" assumptions. Toponyms aren't Slavic, but that doesn't mean they are Albanian. Same goes for the language. Nobody has yet connected any of those "original" Albanian (non Greek/Latin/Slavic) word, with any of the languages of the BC Balkan. We don't even know any of those languages. We're not sure if they were satem, centum, IE or non-IE.
Connected to latin is confirmed.
The majority of latin words don't are invisible, in fract albanian have learned italian thanx to tv.
I know in albanian language have many affinities.

I have tried to be patient with you guys, but it seems that you have nothing better to do so here goes.

Please try and find this similarities in any other languages.

QA P'ALLEN KENI QE RRINI TU LEF SI QENT, HAJDE E MI THUJ MU NJETO FJALE KTU, N'MIRDITE, HAJDE E PO TE TREGOJ UNE TY SE A JAM UNE SHQIPTAR BREZ MAS BREZI APO TE DUKET TY, POR ZAGJAR, MOR MSHQERRE, MOR QAKALL, HAJDE KTU E MI THUJ NJITO FJALE S'E TSHKERDHEJ ROB E MOTRAT KU T'I KESH.

Now, you may be able to decipher some of the words using google translate, but obviously Albanian language is a very rare, i say that again RARE INDO-EUROPEAN language which managed to maintain intact despite the otoman invasion which lastest for more than 500 years (during which Albanian Teaching Schools were banished). So now tell me how can you say for sure that the language is not original.

I asked a question that no one gave an appropriate response:
Why (Geg) Albanians are the only nation in the world who (large majority) converted from Catholicism to Islam?

Today, Albanians are the most numerous Muslims in the Balkans.

Figure: Albanians demonstration

60588.p.jpg

Attachments

• 60588.p.jpg
    60588.p.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 62
I asked a question that no one gave an appropriate response:
Why (Geg) Albanians are the only nation in the world who (large majority) converted from Catholicism to Islam?

Today, Albanians are the most numerous Muslims in the Balkans.

Figure: Albanians demonstration

60588.p.jpg
Again? I have answer to you......i think you have forget.
Becuase was invaded, and the taxe for catholic was very high.
Albanian was the only country with a majority catholic religion conquered by ottoman.....i think slavs don't hate albanian, but they hate "religion muslim".
According to the org, in albania the majority of religion is catholic.
And for geg, the geg of north albanian are all catholic.
The kosovar don't dimostred the christian religion, but the contribute of kosovar (like madre teresa) was important.

Again? I have answer to you......i think you have forget.
Becuase was invaded, and the taxe for catholic was very high.
Albanian was the only country with a majority catholic religion conquered by ottoman.....i think slavs don't hate albanian, but they hate "religion muslim".
According to the org, in albania the majority of religion is catholic.
And for geg, the geg of north albanian are all catholic.
The kosovar don't dimostred the christian religion, but the contribute of kosovar (like madre teresa) was important.

You're not right, under islamic rule were: Spaniards, Portuguese, Maltese, Sicilians, Hungarians, Croats, Lebanese Maronites, Filipinos, Goans in India etc. But only Albanians (large majority) converted to Islam.

And right numbers about Muslim Albanians gives American Pew Research Center:

features.pewforum.org/muslim-population/

Muslim Albanians:

Albania 82.1%
Kosovo 91.7%
Macedonia 34.9% (not only Albanians but Albanians are overwhelming majority of Muslims)

Forecast for 2030:

Albania 83.2%
Kosovo 93.5%
Macedonia 40.3%

@Garrick, I can't figure out whether you're making propaganda or you truly believe what you say, but having lived in Albania, I can guarantee you that practicing Muslims are less than 5% there. The biggest city, Tirana, has only one very small mosque/museum and that is most of the time empty.

Reactions: FBS
You're not right, under islamic rule were: Spaniards, Portuguese, Maltese, Sicilians, Hungarians, Croats, Lebanese Maronites, Filipinos, Goans in India etc. But only Albanians (large majority) converted to Islam.

And right numbers about Muslim Albanians gives American Pew Research Center:

features.pewforum.org/muslim-population/

Muslim Albanians:

Albania 82.1%
Kosovo 91.7%
Macedonia 34.9% (not only Albanians but Albanians are overwhelming majority of Muslims)

Forecast for 2030:

Albania 83.2%
Kosovo 93.5%
Macedonia 40.3%
LOL? Croatian and spanish was under ottoman empire for 500 years? No, just Albania (i speak for catholic country).
The confessions in Albania are 245, about this 189 are christian and 56 muslim and other (muslim,budhist and shintoism).

"La World Christian Encyclopedia nel 2001 valutava i fedeli di religione islamica al 38,8%, seguiti a poca distanza dal 35,4% ottenuto dalla somma delle varie confessioni cristiane[39][40] Secondo quanto riportato dal sito di informazione Operation World, gestito dal gruppo evangelico WEC International[41], sarebbero invece i cristiani ad essere maggioranza nel paese (41,48%, a maggioranza ortodossi), seguiti dai musulmani (38,79%, quasi interamente sunniti) e dagli atei (19,54%)."
ENG:

"The World Christian Encyclopedia in 2001 assessed the followers of Islamic religion at 38.8%, followed at a short distance from the 35.4% obtained by the sum of the various Christian denominations [39] [40] According to information from the site of Operation World, evangelical group run by WEC International, [41] would rather Christians to be the majority in the country (41.48%, majority Orthodox), followed by Muslims (38.79%, almost entirely Sunni) and atheists (19.54 %)."

In Italy living 500.000 albanians, and about then the 96% (or 95%) are Catholic.
Coincidence?

@Garrick, I can't figure out whether you're making propaganda or you truly believe what you say, but having lived in Albania, I can guarantee you that practicing Muslims are less than 5% there. The biggest city, Tirana, has only one very small mosque/museum and that is most of the time empty.

No, American Pew Research Center is not propaganda. It is earnest research organization, and they conduct one of the most comprehensive research about Islam in the whole world.

http://www.pewresearch.org/about/

I know situation in Albania (of course better in ex Yugoslavia).

Communist Enver Hoxha in Albania knew about Albanian tradition and religion and he wanted to eradicate backwardness. We can argue that he was a communist and a dictator as he banned religion (including Islam). However, the consequence is that the people in Albania in his time were atheists.

After his death and the abolition of communism religion is again allowed. Islamic site write about comeback Islam in Albania, for example have built about 300 new mosques in Albania:

http://naqshbandi.com/events/globe97/Albania_Kosova/kosova.htm

The power of Islam rise in Albania but certainly the rule of Enver Hoxha have made that part of population is not religious. We will see what will be next trends.

But Yugoslav and Serbian communists tolerated the religion. Consequence is that in SR Serbia (AP Kosovo), SR Macedonia and SR Montenegro, among Albanians, Islam was very strong. Today main center of Islam in the Balkans are Albanian areas of Kosovo and Western Macedonia.

For example pair of texts:

Standard, Austria

(in German)
Kosovo: Radikaler Islam als "Tickende bombe"

http://derstandard.at/1358304927258/Radikaler-Islam-als-tickende-Bombe-im-Kosovo

Translate in English, Greek blog

Kosovo: Radical Islam as a ticking bomb

http://smarkos.blogspot.com/2013/01/kosovo-radical-islam-as-ticking-bomb.html

Observer

Radical Islam in Macedonia worries Western observes

http://euobserver.com/news/30446

This thread has been viewed 183439 times.

Back