Life After Death

Do you believe in life after death?

• Total voters
Well, if you have it. I consider faith something born in the human mind for various reasons, so I can't believe in what they say about "heaven" or "hell". ;)

Nobody could prove that there exist or not.

Nobody could prove that there exist or not.

Exactly like the Invisible Pink Unicorn. It's not a joke, it is a theory. For what I know it is all said by other men into the limits of my life experience, so I don't have any reason to believe that.

"The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up the nebulae, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff." DC Fontana

I believe when we die, our energies are released and sent back into the universe. However, I have had some very "interesting" experiences so I can't say that I understand the form or purpose of that released energy.

No voting option available for me.

"Life" as we know it now, after death.

Hope not.

It has been fun, but........

"Now for something completely different"

Let's face it, even though we like to fool ourselves there's no shred of evidence for life after death. But hey, I have no quarrel with all those who like to believe in it. If they - however unlikely -turn out to be right, I'll take it. On the other hand, if there is no hereafter, I guess when my time comes it won't hunt my feelings.

I don't believe in life after death. I have been an atheist for awhile now, but looking back on some of my earlier posts (which were almost incoherent) I believed in a deity and considered myself "spiritual".

Sorry to tell you, but when we die, it's over. We become what we were... Stardust.
And that's the only honest truth there is in the world.

Live with it!

I believe in spirits and possibly reincarnation because of a scientific rule, sure our body turns to dust but energy never dies.

Reincarnation has seemed the most "logic" to me since I was about 15 years old.

It seems extremely unlikely. Our sense of existence and self comes from our brains, and once the brain dies; we die as well.

I don't know. I don't think there is a heaven. Nor do I believe in reincarnation. I don't believe any sort of afterlife, or spirit, or soul.

Ultimately however, I do believe there is something going on here in life that I can't understand and no theory satisfies.

Something...

Quantum Suicide - I'm a believer in the idea of Schrodinger's cat thought experiment. I'm both alive and dead already. I personally believe I will never see my own death. Other people may see or experience my death, but from my perspective something will happen technologically or otherwise to make me immortal.

We will die all
Is not it wonderful?

This thread has been viewed 40997 times.

Back