23andMe Looking for autosomal data (23andMe) from ex-Yugolslavia, Albania and Ukraine

Thanks, Roger. It looks that my maps were correct after all (based on your data), despite of the fact that I had to guess the Croatian and Bosnian admixtures.

What about the West Asian and Southwest Asian admixtures ? My guesses are between 5 and 10% for the first and between 1 and 5% for the second.

Hi everybody !

I would like to add that my total West_asian average In DIYdodecad 2.0 is 14.38 % and it peaks at 20.66% on my chromosome 1. On the others it often reach around 15 %... and I 'm half Croatian half flemish ! I guess the West_asian should be higher in my mother DNA. She comes from dalmatia.

Hi everybody !

I would like to add that my total West_asian average In DIYdodecad 2.0 is 14.38 % and it peaks at 20.66% on my chromosome 1. On the others it often reach around 15 %... and I 'm half Croatian half flemish ! I guess the West_asian should be higher in my mother DNA. She comes from dalmatia.

Thanks for sharing. Your percentage of West Asian is definitely higher than I would have expected, especially if you are half Flemish. So far, the Belgians who tested with Dodecad have between 5.5% and 9% of West Asian, with an average of 8%. Your mother must have at least 20%.

Croatians are probably quite heterogeneous, that's my impression. Some of them must have more Mediterranean instead West Asian or Southwest Asian. Will see as more samples come if appears, at least, one of them.

Croatians are probably quite heterogeneous, that's my impression. Some of them must have more Mediterranean instead West Asian or Southwest Asian. Will see as more samples come if appears, at least, one of them.
Southwest Asian is rather uncommon in Balkans except Greece.

albania has the highest Balochi ( south -west asian ) percentage in europe at 15.6%. Check Jan 1 DNATribes STRs notes.

Next highest level is 7.7% celtic from NW Ireland

for I understood, 'balochi' element was not a part of 'South-West-Asian' ("arabian") but rather a part of 'West-Asian' (associated with "caucasian" or "caucasic" according to unclear namings)

@ Eldritch

have you data?
or you just accuse.

In fact Albania has the biggest peaks in Europe in Balochi and Altaic marks.
and
Greece has almost no Altaic (Turkic-sh) and search how much Balochi before you say whatever.

for I understood, 'balochi' element was not a part of 'South-West-Asian' ("arabian") but rather a part of 'West-Asian' (associated with "caucasian" or "caucasic" according to unclear namings)

hmm, unsure. maybe it was fabricated, because all I have is middle-east ( includes arabia), west-asian, south-asian, central-asian, caucasus to name just a few from around the area.

balochi is the new name for the old gedrosia name .......south-east iran area, bordering pakistan.

maybe someone can clear this south-west asian terminology up

Dna tribes it's known for very huge flaws and the study is doubtful at least, how can Ireland be in second place after Albania? Doesn't make much sense, and the Altaian component according to the study is related to Mesolithic genes not to "Turkish Admixture"

Maciamo do you have/need any autosomal data on Cyprus?

This thread has been viewed 37623 times.

Back