Pictures from Iraq

Wanna see my perspective?

I had permission from my command to post this picture.

I was in a convoy heading for a certain destination in Iraq; we were entering a re-fueling point when this kid with a camera took a picture of us, all of the sudden an IED exploded at the truck behind us. It was nothing major. The crew just suffered miner scratches from the glass and shrapnal (sp). We were not allowed out of the vehicals so I snapped this picture through the side mirror.

Iraqi_Convoy.jpg

Now imagine if that was a big IED. :eek:

Thanks for being out there.
Do me a big favor and stay safe. If you need anything we can box up and send to your unit-- just send me your information. I've got enough friends to fill up a couple of care packages.

Nice pics. My favorite is of the soldiers in the bumper cars.

An old co-worker of mine is a Chaplain in Iraq. I get emails he sends. Sometimes it sounds like he's at summer camp or something. Although I'm not in favor of this war, I'm still proud of the hard work and dedication of our troops. I don't think you have to be a Bush-lover to support our troops. I'm Liberal, not a fan of Bush, and I support our troops. I just want them all to come home safe and it sucks that they're putting their necks on the line for reasons that don't make much sense. But regardless of the reasons, their out there doing what they gotta do.

Hmm, the link I posted earlier seems to have disappeared into thin air... It'd be interesting to know what the reason was?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sr Pasta, both of the links you provided don't work for me, perhaps I need the right plug in. Don't know where the missing post went to. It was an amazing piece of propaganda. I am not however a big fan of promoting violence. Perhaps someone was offended at the fact that these guy blow up innocent kids looking for candy, cut off the heads of hapless foreign drivers, cut off the oil that pays for the rebuilding of their country, target basic necessities of life like water, power and sewer and they are supposed to be fighting FOR the Iraqi people?

I've seen "My Japan" on: http://www.archive.org/movies/movies.php
There are many old propaganda films here.

I deleted those links because I didn't think they were appropriate or relevant in a thread devoted to showing pictures from Iraq. If you'd like to post those links, I suggest doing so in a different thread. There are certainly many "anti-war" threads that might be more appropriate for that kind of thing.

Last edited:
sabro said:
Perhaps someone was offended at the fact that these guy blow up innocent kids looking for candy
I agree that it's a crappy propaganda video (though partially interesting, esp. the part where they show the preparation of & the attack on a convoy). It doesn't seem to be of a terrorist group, but made by resistance fighters, although it is not clear which parts of the video show that particular group, seem to be snippets of a number of videos.

You should differentiate between terrorists (who indiscriminately target everyone) & resistance fighters (who target convoys & US army camps). There is a grey zone in between, but putting them all together like you did sounds like Bushite propaganda.

Brooker said:
I deleted those links because I didn't think they were appropriate or relevant in a thread devoted to showing pictures from Iraq.
I took a look at the video, & IMO it fits well into this thread. It's showing pictures from Iraq, too.

If you'd like to post those links, I suggest doing so in a different thread. There are centainly many "anti-war" threads that might be more appropriate for that kind of thing.
Do you mean by that, that we should divide all threads in pro- & anti-war? So, now we should delete every pro-US post in every anti-war thread?

bossel said:
Do you mean by that, that we should divide all threads in pro- & anti-war? So, now we should delete every pro-US post in every anti-war thread?

I don't think it would hurt to have one thread devoted to talking about the life of a soldier in Iraq and that propaganda video hardly seemed to be on the topic.

I'm curious to know what life is like for the guys out there and I can put my emotions and opinions about the issue aside long enough to hear/see their perspective.

It's not that the link can't be posted. It should just be posted elsewhere.

Brooker said:
I don't think it would hurt to have one thread devoted to talking about the life of a soldier in Iraq and that propaganda video hardly seemed to be on the topic.

The first one I posted could well be said to be from a soldiers perspective. But sure, let's make this one a thread from the foreign soldiers perspectives.

Purple Hearts
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7799.htm
The first one minute, fifty seconds are in Dutch, the remainder is in English.

Mission Accomplished
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/video1042.htm
A report from Iraq, mostly about the everyday life of american soldiers.

This thread has been viewed 792 times.

Back