SEPTEMBER 11th !!!

RockLee

???l
Reaction score
Ethnic group
european
soon it's 911 again....do you think after 3 years, something is going to happen again on that date??Could it be??What's your opinion? :?

naah, plus i dont really fuss that much. in reality I'm more worried about thigs of greater statistical probability: being run over by drunk driver, being pummeled on the side walk by drunk brits, london underground train derailing cause the system is so underfunded, being shot, forgetting to take out my garbage... you know, the "inane" things in life that seem to be ignored, yet which pose a much greater threat to me...

Don't worry, when an emergency happened, people will dial 911.

Though I'm sure that some would prefer instead to drive a Porsche 911. ;)

Anyway. Relax. Daijoubu. What past is past.

Just remember, 9/11 was designed, executed, and announce to make people upset, it's a slap in the face.

Of course no one deserve to be slapped (despite how much self righteous stories and people told you), when people are slapped, they're upset and tend to do negative things. So just relax.

Just remember the saying to give the other cheek if you are slapped, because that's probably the only thing you could do if after you are slapped. Of course, IF you're slapped, that doesn't mean that you have to be slapped in the first place.

Not Sure Why????

Maybe it's because it's more recent, but the school thing in Russia seemed worse to me then 9/11? It's hard to decide which is worse or more shocking.

Frank

:(

I heard (from faculties) that my University is going to do a 5 minutes electricity testing on this day, and will have an outage during that period. :D I wonder if people there will freak. Maybe it'll be done early in the morning or something.

Keiichi

:blush:

Frank D. White said:
Maybe it's because it's more recent, but the school thing in Russia seemed worse to me then 9/11? It's hard to decide which is worse or more shocking.
Same here, Frank, it's not just you :haihai:

Anything this 9/11 really brought is a convenient excuse to tear down the privacy... :eek:kashii:

500, is worse than 3000 I think not. What happened in russia was horrible no qustion about it, but worse than 9/11, im not buying it. Not to be judgemental, but why is it worse to you than 9/11? Because it was Americans who died, and somehow we had it coming?

meme9898 said:
500, is worse than 3000 I think not. What happened in russia was horrible no qustion about it, but worse than 9/11, im not buying it. Not to be judgemental, but why is it worse to you than 9/11? Because it was Americans who died, and somehow we had it coming?

Sadly, it was not just Americans who died. Many people from various countries also died that day. No-one deserved it or had it coming, it was a tragedy and should never have happened.

Sometimes I wonder had the change in office been different, would the outcome have been inevitible, or would it have been different?

Ant

...i just think the shock of 9/11 has died down... now that people are making conspiracy theories and all...

as for the attacks... members of 115 nations were killed, so that's pretty much most of the world...

its 3:30 am, so im gonna go on a rant (im a bit woosy from sleep deprivation as well...)... some estimated 1500 (im going way over here, but i cant be bothered to research at this current time) people have died from terror strikes around the world since 9/11. some 200 billion US has been spent to combat terror... this is in responce for 9/11 and so a way to pay back for 3000 odd lives... THATS 67 MILLION PER LIFE!!! you do know, that by current economical estimates, the average american life o a 20-30 year old is worth 1.5 million dollars (...the older you get, the cheaper you become...), while the cheapest i could find is the portugese, which sells for a measly 40000 bucks. from an economic point of view this war is just waay too expensive. Why not spend 200 billion on something usefull like SAVE LIVES, NOT KILL SOLDIERS IN THE 1000's TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM!
woow, ive just been staring at the screen for 10 minutes without doing anything... cool
back to point: 200 billion dollars is a figure unheard of to anyone who can make a difference to your lives now, but isn't unheard of to people who can make a difference to people's lives on the other side of the globe!!!
heck, you give the medics 200 billion dollars and within 5 years time, they will ressurect everyone who died in terrorist attacks... from their genetic code... memories intact and all... (just kidding, I have no idea what these guys would spend the money on, but it would be quite cool if that could happen)

I'm watching what the US plans to do with Sudan now that its declared Genocide... but I'm pretty sure it'll be nothing cause there is NO OIL WITHIN ITS BOARDERS. (this will be... i hope... the perfect way to demonstrate double standards in the US white house)

This was a rant brought to you by Blessed at 4am in the morning; the contents of this rant do not, necessarily, have to reflect the opinion of the author, and he could have infact, been just too darn tired to think his points through carefully, methodicaly and logically, as well as making spelling mistakes in the process. oh, did he mention he just watched about 10 episodes of the West Wing series 1 so he became, temporarily, more "left" than he actually is?

I don't think one is any more tragic than the other, families have been destroyed and innocent people have been killed. The only thing that would possibly set the Russian attacks apart from 9/11 has nothing to do with the nationality of the victims but the fact that the terrorists deliberately targeted children in Russia. Not that the lives lost in New York were any less tragic, but there is something uniquely disturbing about the deliberate massacre of hundreds of innocent kids.

No doubt that 200 billion dollars has been squandered to no good effect. The number of people willing to kill Americans in the world now is undoubtedly much higher than it was prior to 9/11 thanks to the tens of thousands of Iraqis who have joined the insurgency. Plus the dissolution of the Iraqi army has given them unprecedented access to arms and financing that would otherwise have been unavailable.

Bush really does deserve a good kick in the head.

I don't mean to offend antone but this 9/11 thing makes me sick, I mean we make such a big deal of it only because it was the US which has never been attacked for decades because they make sure to go to war only when they are sure it won't reach their contry. This time it did, the people who died didn't deserve to die, the attack wasn't justified, but it happened and we can't just keep complaining and blaming. How many thousands of people were kiilled in Algeria in the last decade by the same kind of extremist terrorists? How many were killed in Soudan because they were not of the same religion? Do we ever commemorate they're useless death or even aknowledge it? I don't think so, I just don't understand why the lives of people in the WTC were so much more valuable. As far as I'm concerned they can keep killing and killing more, it will make the world a worse place and it seems that it's the only way humans understand, pets sure are easier to teach.

This thread has been viewed 910 times.

Back