The DNA of turkish people

Chickenprincess

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Im new here and I have always been fascinated about DNA and ethnicities. I came across this site when I was searching for information about Turkish DNA. I have ordered a DNA test kit from the site MyHeritage and I'm waiting for my results. I will get my results about a week or something but I'm so curious that I can't wait. So I decided to put some information about my background so that you can take a guess which geographic ethnicities will be shown.

My parents are both born in Turkey (I am born and raised up in the Netherlands). My father is from Samsun which is based in North Turkey (Black Sea) and my mother is from Elazig which is based in Eastern Anatolia. I know from my fathers side that the parents of my dad were from Georgia and they were refugees so they came to Trabzon and from Trabzon they moved to Samsun later. I know about my mothers side that my grandma was Kurdish but my grandpa was a Turk. They're both from Elazig.

Thats all I know about them. If I have to describe my facial futures I am really really white and I have dark red lips. I have light brown hair and medium brown eyes. Back in my childhood I could pass as blonde. My face is a bit asymmetrical tho and I have a broad forehead. My length is 1.75cm which is in my oppinion really tall for an average Turkish woman. I tend to look more like my father since he's also really white and we have the same facial futures. My mother is really tanned and has black hair.

When I meet people they rarely would think I am turkish. I hear often that they say I look like Eastern European or Balkan/Italian. Some say I look like the local people from The Netherlands :unsure:

So that's alot information about me. My question is; what do you think I will get from my results? And what do the most Turkish people have in their DNA? Btw I'm sorry if I have grammatical errors in some sentences :ashamed2:

Hey y'all,

Im new here and I have always been fascinated about DNA and ethnicities. I came across this site when I was searching for information about Turkish DNA. I have ordered a DNA test kit from the site MyHeritage and I'm waiting for my results. I will get my results about a week or something but I'm so curious that I can't wait. So I decided to put some information about my background so that you can take a guess which geographic ethnicities will be shown.

My parents are both born in Turkey (I am born and raised up in the Netherlands). My father is from Samsun which is based in North Turkey (Black Sea) and my mother is from Elazig which is based in Eastern Anatolia. I know from my fathers side that the parents of my dad were from Georgia and they were refugees so they came to Trabzon and from Trabzon they moved to Samsun later. I know about my mothers side that my grandma was Kurdish but my grandpa was a Turk. They're both from Elazig.

Thats all I know about them. If I have to describe my facial futures I am really really white and I have dark red lips. I have light brown hair and medium brown eyes. Back in my childhood I could pass as blonde. My face is a bit asymmetrical tho and I have a broad forehead. My length is 1.75cm which is in my oppinion really tall for an average Turkish woman. I tend to look more like my father since he's also really white and we have the same facial futures. My mother is really tanned and has black hair.

When I meet people they rarely would think I am turkish. I hear often that they say I look like Eastern European or Balkan/Italian. Some say I look like the local people from The Netherlands :unsure:

So that's alot information about me. My question is; what do you think I will get from my results? And what do the most Turkish people have in their DNA? Btw I'm sorry if I have grammatical errors in some sentences :ashamed2:

You're probably going to have majority Caucasus.

Merhaba,

I am not sure about the population categories in MyHeritage but if you tested with 23andme, you would most probably have at least 80% Middle East: I think Ancestry calls the same region Caucasus.

The Middle East, represented here by people of Turkey, Iran, the Caucasus and the Levant, is an important crossroads in human history. Genetically the people of this region reflect that role, with connections to neighbors in every cultural, linguistic, and geographic direction.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 4032 times.

Back