The Gay Marriage Controversy

How do you feel about gay marriage?

• I feel it is wrong and should be banned.

Votes: 62 26.1%
  • I feel homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

Votes: 152 63.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 10.1%

• Total voters
First of all, I think it is ok for gays to get married, why not? As long as they love each other, and those involved parties consent...then let them do what they want. Others should not have any right to object. They are the one living their lives, not thoes who object.

Just wondering, a gay couple adopts a child, whose surname should that child follow?

How does that child call their parents? Call them both daddy? or...

Sorry, I don't know any gay couple with a child...However, I am quite interested in knowing their lifestyle. Can anyone kindly tell me?

George Bush, is a very arrogant president. I do not like him, I think that he is trying to push his religious beliefs on the entire nation. Which is wrong, and against his own. Not everyone believes Gay & lesbian's are evil demons trying to corrupt the world. I for one am one of them who don't believe the same as him.

Another poll framed in a way that I cannot answer.

I hear about the "seperation of church and state" all the time. That is despite the fact IIRC that there is no such doctrine written into the US Constitution or in any codified law of the Federal government. Look it up, boys and girls.

It is a doctrine based soley on opinions of many jurists in the United States of America, but not in any precendent of which I am aware. It may be on the books in different states (I dunno know, but I doubt it because cases are always being argued--more correctly threatened to be argued--in Federal courts) but not with the Feds.

Nevertheless, assuming its existance, why are we arguing at all? Marriage is a institution native to religions. Civil unions--as opposed to marriages--are available to homosexual and lesbian couples already in many states. Why is the issue of marriage important? It is not a civil liberties issue in the states that permit civil unions, and that is a fight that everyone could win in each and every state north of Virginia and west of Nevada. So why does the fight over marriage go on?

I dunno, but I have my own carefully guarded opinions. Don't ask...won't tell ya! Put it to music, the answer is the same.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

Dura lex, sed lex

Last edited:
marriage allows these ***** to adopt/grow up children/to have those around at home legally.

marriage is defined as to establish a bond to secure the act of growing up children. cheers.

christianity votes for itself. not that the bishops love underage persons. NO. HOW THEY DO IT. THIS MAKES ME ANGRY.

nothing more to say. abolish the discussion.

annull these marriages and fine the registrars. ban the bishops and close down their houses.

i know these words are hatred, but it is a shame for america.

imagine HULK flirts with little boys and buys them sweets. are you getting sick? and hulk is not that narrowminded.

for those who need explanations: this would set up a bad example, and put america in the situation of getting a military attack target.

spongebob is O.K. as it is, as long as there are no insane crosses and churches in ghey colors.

take it easy. soap tastes good, but in a marriage cake? one meaing of this is we have enough soap opera.

Hello everybody

im sorry first off all, im not going to read 260 posts that would take me to long, so i just read the first 30..

my opinion about gay marriage, is that it should be legal... because, when a person love somebody male or female, the have should be able to life together, sometimes marriage is a fiancial thing, somtimes its just because of love and ceremony. who is a president, or other people to tell people what they should do or not do with there love one....

this is i think a verry serieus thread ( its in the serieus discussions duh) because for gay people its a really big problem, in many places in the world!!!

im happy to life in the netherlands, where we have lots of freedom with things like this, and opinions ( how ever saying your opinion is getting difficult here, after the murder of PIM FORTUIN, and movie maker THEO VAN GOGH)

In 2 months my mom is going to marry her girlfriend. before this my mom had some other lesbian relations, and im Happy for her a lott.... and also for her wife, whom i can get along really good!!!!

im happy that they can marry each other, also for fianancial reasons, and for example, if my mom dies her girlfriend have NO RIGHTS ON ANYTHING.....

so as i say in this, i dont have people around me that are against gay marriage, or anything like this.... but the last month a new problem came up and that is, that my japanese girlfriend her parents have a hard time to respect that... and her mom maby even want the rest of the familie not to know anything...

it hurts me a lott, and even my girlfriend ....

i hope that in the future gay people will get more rights, and more respect, because there normal people like everybody else!!! so as i said before ... WHO THE **** IS A PRESIDENT TO DESIDE ABOUT PEOPLE THERE LIFE, IF ITS THIS PERSONAL!!!

greetings BAka dutch

good rant Dutch Baka! I agree! Gay marriage should definitely become legal. Not letting people who love eachother marry one another when they want to is SICK and stupid! I don't get the people who are against gay marriage... *angry* (um, I have not bothered to read all the posts so I don't know what the oppinions are)

Sweden is a pretty liberated (is that right?) country, and we have these gay pride festivals and all - but Gay marriage is still forbidden.. I can't believe that. There are still too many people out there who are against homosexuality... *wants to fight with the ones who are against gay marriage*

You have a lesbian mother? Cool.. I've never met anyone with a lesbian mother. :cool:

isayhello said:
Sweden is a pretty liberated (is that right?) country, and we have these gay pride festivals and all - but Gay marriage is still forbidden..

that is crazy yeah.. so they say : SURE YOU GAY PEOPLE CaN HAVE PARTIES AND THAT KIND OF THINGS, NO PROBLEM...

ow you want to get married,,,mmm no im gay people are not allowed to get married in here....

i think btw,, just my personal opinion gay people are pretty nice, and funny, at least the once i know!!!

thanks for your sharring opinion isayhello

I'm just jumping in here to give my opinion, then I'll flee to the shadows:

The only problem with gay marriage is... that people have a problem with gay marriage. This is only an issue because people have made it an issue. Nothing bad happens in places where gay marriage is legalized. The Netherlands didn't implode and Canada hasn't fallen into the sea. Everyone just take a moment to imagine what would actually happen if all gay couples on the planet were allowed to marry. What happens? Nothing. Just a whole bunch of happy gay people.

it might be the fate of christianity.

remarkable a system of belief (one superhero died for a community of people)
introduced by the ROMANS.

for the purpose of establish heterosexual bonds, for the purpose of childbirth.

the romans HAD orgies, baths, wine, sexual freedom. and fate.

not to say i am not a christ, because i do not like wine/painful death glorification.

means the discussion is not affecting me and i should not contribute.
well and i am not living in america.

EnzoHonda said:
Everyone just take a moment to imagine what would actually happen if all gay couples on the planet were allowed to marry. What happens? Nothing. Just a whole bunch of happy gay people.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

imagine a world of people which are not narrowminded.
no need to be ghey anymore.

----------------

or to increase taxes for all (no more tax reductions for families)
or to decrease taxes for all (tax reductions for families no more required)

----------------

probably you can read the biography of this politican:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RonaldWilsonReaganOnline/
and get an answer yourself. he was the predecessor of bush/clinton.

Last edited:
well i have edited my reply and reduced the NEGATIVE speak.
to show some piety now that the pope has deceased.
a message to the church of christus: underage choir OR this marriage.

not both things.
it lacks seriousity, remember the church is also responsible for birth and burial.

four couples whatever composition, they do not really need marriage. it is just to have a little financial advantage, and to adopt children legally.

Last edited:
I think to Adopt children LEGAL is a Verry important thing !!! and the Financial advantage ( as you call it advantage) is important...

my mom is a lesbien, and have a g/f who lives her... that g/f here live is in this house... if my mom dies ... that g/f DOESNT HAVE ANYHING,, she wont be able to live in this house,, ( neither do i...) so i think its B-sh*t about LITTLE FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE... and getting married is a big think!!!!!!!!!!!!

in japan, it is expected a man enters permanent relationship with a woman. if this does not occur after the age of 35, people consider this as almost unlikely.

polite how they are, they offer assistance and ask friendly, but sometimes suggestive. at least a formal marriage is entered.
this is economic for all parties.

an unequal relationship can be considered as "hetero", by the word meaning.
of course, english brings gender into play, so you use it wrong.
another example how wrong speak generates "spook" and "abberation".

I am not anti-gay or anything, I in fact have gay friends. However the question of whether gays should be allowed to marry in my opinion is a stupid question. Marriage is between a man and a woman, period. There is no way around it. Saying a homosexual couple is marriage is like saying a construction worker is a fireman. A police officer is a police officer and a construction worker is a construction worker, there is no way around it. Mariage is a union between a man and a woman not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. That is how it has always been. I don't however mind if gays have the same econmical rights straight couples do in a civil union as long as it is not called marriage, because it is not marriage.

Moon Child said:
George Bush, is a very arrogant president. I do not like him, I think that he is trying to push his religious beliefs on the entire nation. Which is wrong, and against his own. Not everyone believes Gay & lesbian's are evil demons trying to corrupt the world. I for one am one of them who don't believe the same as him.

Is he? All he did is say his mind on the issue and never enforced nothing. Is it not his right to freedom of speech? Especially considering he is our leader.

Where did Bush ever say that gays and lesbains are evil demons? Again you are doing something what many liberals, do putting people in boxes of disagree with you. I am against gay marriage, and I don't think gays are demons nor do I follow a religion.

Silverbackman said:
I am not anti-gay or anything, I in fact have gay friends. However the question of whether gays should be allowed to marry in my opinion is a stupid question. Marriage is between a man and a woman, period. There is no way around it. Saying a homosexual couple is marriage is like saying a construction worker is a fireman. A police officer is a police officer and a construction worker is a construction worker, there is no way around it. Mariage is a union between a man and a woman not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. That is how it has always been. I don't however mind if gays have the same econmical rights straight couples do in a civil union as long as it is not called marriage, because it is not marriage.

So if you gay friends say to you, were getting married, you wont accept that?

thats bit strange for me... maybe its the place if been born, and raised ( already before i knew my mom was gay) .

for me, this thing like marriage is man-wife, i think thats a bit old fashion... but yeah, everybody there opinion.

just being a child of a gay, makes it hard sometimes, when people cant accept such a thing as this.... :(

sorry i just think you are a bit Double... you accept your friends because there gay, but not there marriage? am i right? :?

dutch baka said:
So if you gay friends say to you, were getting married, you wont accept that?

thats bit strange for me... maybe its the place if been born, and raised ( already before i knew my mom was gay) .

for me, this thing like marriage is man-wife, i think thats a bit old fashion... but yeah, everybody there opinion.

just being a child of a gay, makes it hard sometimes, when people cant accept such a thing as this.... :(

sorry i just think you are a bit Double... you accept your friends because there gay, but not there marriage? am i right? :?

If the friends that I have that are gay get married, my freindship would not change whatsoever. All I would say is that I am against what he is doing but I would be cool with it, just so long as the my gay friend doesn't let it come between our friendship.

Again though, liberals seem to put everyone that is against gays getting marriage into a box. They say that being against gays getting married means you think gays are demons from hell that need to be killed. No I don't hate gays but I do love logic and truth. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Just like a chair is a chair, a lion is a lion, a planet is a planet, ect. ect. The word marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman. There is no way around it. You don't have to have to hate gays to support the word marriage is between a man and a woman.

Silverbackman said:
but I do love logic and truth. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
That's neither very logic, nor true. There are even places in the world where some girls traditionally got (get?) married to dogs. :p

The word marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman.
Ah, now, that's closer to the truth. You follow a certain definition of the word marriage, but that doesn't mean that others have to follow the same definition.

If two guys or two gals want to get married....

...is it really going to ruin my day ?

I think not.

?W????

This thread has been viewed 384148 times.

Back