the media is too obbsessed

gohan93

dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Ethnic group
white
:angel: the media is too obsessed in celebrities... i mean who gives a damn about a pretty boy? they're rich snobs anyway :gun:

The media are scum my friend. They prey on celebrities and death to sell papers and boost ratings. They are nothing but blood hungry carrions with no consciousness or morals. If you believed all the "facts" you heard on the news you would never leave your home. Do yourself a huge favour and don't even give them ratings.

right on man, me and you are on the same page... :)

I agree. The 'cult of the celebrity' is one of my pet hates. I don't watch the news or read the papers, as it is all misleading and biased. It's not because I don't care, but because I don't trust what I hear in the media.

Is it the media that's obsessed or is it the people? If people didn't buy crap fake news magazines like US or People, would any media people even pay attention to celebrities? They go overboard, but where there's a market, someone will spring up to exploit it.

MeAndroo has a very good point - the media will not cover anything that the people don't want to hear. If you watched the Michael Moore's "Bowling For Columbine", even though the majority of it was complete BS(!!) the one thing that was true was the scene with the reporters in LA - they switched news stories to a murder because it was more "interesting" and it's "what the people wanted". I have friends who really like some celebrities and like hearing about them, and I always ask why. They usually don't have much of an answer ("I don't know?") but one or two times they say something along the lines of "I wish I was them. I want to know what their life is like." Man!! Why isn't Bill Gates or the Shah of Iran in the newspapers all the time then?!?!? Do people want to be rich and not have the legal problems of a monopoly?? But if it's "so-and-so married her, and she slapped him who dumped her brother's friend's sister" then people are all like "Heck yeah!". I mean....COME ON! I completely ignore any celebrity news - I found out that Brad and (what's her face?? The friend girl?? Jennifer Aniston, right?) broke up like a month later, hahahaha. Why does everyone want to know every bit about their private lives? They're only super rich, have nice cars, and (occasionally) have some good looks! Leave them alone - I know they want us to!

(What the heck am I saying?! Rich, nice cars and good looks - give me some!! ::changes channel to E! and opens People Magazine::) Hahahahahaha.

Celebrity: noun, a person who is famous for being famous

"A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn't know."
Lord Byron

have any of you in the u.s. seen that magazine in blackin white? it's all lies... i mean they say aliens abuducted so and so, and they have real cruddy pics. :)

This thread has been viewed 571 times.

Back