Vikings had rare mtDNA haplogroups OFFTOPIC about Amerindians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad for a fairy tail. Good job.

If this is really true (almost impreceptible influence), is not representative of the mainland Scandinavians (Denmark, Sweden and Norway), wich are properly the countries of the area.

It's imposible to take you seriously.

Yo aquí los únicos insultos que he leído son de mis dos compatriotas. Qué panda de maleducados sois. La gente del norte de Europa es mucho más educada.

Translation: here again, only Spaniards are insulting.

Thanks my pana. (y) But I think all the forum is used to the insults from the spaniards.

This is a repost. Basically, the variety of C1 in Iceland is unique, suggesting a more ancient connection than the common colonization of Greenland. The study thought that traveling Amerinds were a possibility, or possibly simply a common Siberian link, like Scandinavians and Amerinds have with Y-DNA Haplogroup Q... nothing conclusive or earth-shattering here, I'm afraid.

Of course. Not probable.

The vikings reached America, the middel east all, all over the place. it's natrual that they probably brought home slaves from the raids which they may have mated with.

There are theories that say that the reason vikings went out was to get rich so that they will get a women, since women where sparse those days due to people killing daugthers as babies, simply taking a women home from one of the raids then seems natrual i guess.

The icelanders are decendants of vikings that lost a battle against harald hårfagre, or maybe someone else but they lost a battle and was forced to flee to iceland. Which makes them DIRECT decendants of the vikings of Norway, not all are direct decendants of course but some.

Vikings are of course renowed for being superior fighters and being very physically strong.

Maybe that is the reason they have won more gold medals than any other country despite few competitors in worlds strongest man competition. A competition that combines strength and endurance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Strongest_Man

An icelander also holds the record for most weight deadlifted without the use of deadlift equipment.

They probably brought slaves, but the influence of this in the Scandinavian genome it's pure noise. Even if some of this Slaves mixed with ethnic Scandinavians, there are almost sure non of those descendats today. And if a couple of them exist nowadays, it's posible that an autosomal analysis can't be able to detect any of this.

This thread (like others started by the same fella) is totally retarded.

PD: Yes, it's curious that Scandinavians and similars won the competition a lot of times. Now Zidrunas is the Master, it's awesome to see him in action.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 27955 times.

Back