was Spanish culture more influenced by Arab or Celtic civilization ?

Moroccans are as North African as it gets, 80% of Moroccan males are haplogroup E, most of it being E-M81. They're darker, not light as you say. Also you claim that spaniards are "smooth", from one side to the other. Now I don't know if you're referring to their skin after they apply lotion but I have troubles trying to comprehend what that even means. Also you state that each country has its own unique genetic blends, and that is correct, although you mustn't forget that certain countries/regions have much more similar blends than others to one another, while others do not.

I do not claim anything. For me it is a mess of skin color issues and more today where people love to go naked nothing but the good weather, and the skins are quite affected by the so. Perhaps a tourist visiting Spain or other Mediterranean country and sees a dark super mason think it is a natural color of the man, but the native Spanish we see and distinguish among us who are tanned or are so dark because they punished her skin abroad. Like I said, this topic does not interest me much, but I agree with those who are concerned: The Nordic or Germanic Europeans are lighter, whiter or whatever anyone says, but for us our skin color is a point more just or normal.

The same happens with the Moroccans, most of their women are whiter than even the Spanish who love the dark and reject whiteness.

Because their mtdna haplogroups are about 40% of them ( Moroccans in particular I am speaking of) belong to the mtdna L lineage and another 30% are mtdna H. They predominantly, when it comes to L, belong to L1 and L2. They have continental African maternal blood and also some European genetic influence.

Because their mtdna haplogroups are about 40% of them ( Moroccans in particular I am speaking of) belong to the mtdna L lineage and another 30% are mtdna H. They predominantly, when it comes to L, belong to L1 and L2. They have continental African maternal blood and also some European genetic influence.

one can test, by their mtdna markers if they are ..(as you state) - have some L1 or L2 north-west african mark.
The eastern african marker is ( as I was told ) L3 which became N for me ( N is basically caucasus) and later H

so, iberian people can see their maternal lines.

N became R first, then pre-HV, then HV, then H. But originally, yes, it is female L3 that would leave Africa and become the middle-eastern N lineage.

[h=2]was Spanish culture more influenced by Arab or Celtic civilization ?[/h]
Returning to the origin of the yarn.

I keep seeing that foreigners know little to Spanish, our culture and how we feel or we feel.

To begin the question would understand if it were for example:
[h=2]was Spanish culture more influenced by Arab or The Roman Empire civilization ?[/h]
The Celtic factor we assume like an ingredient that goes directly to the core integrated into a new Spanish but with continuity, like a metal alloy.

In the case of the Roman Empire or of the Muslim era we see as periods, episodes of our history, but leave more stones or influences in language, cuisine, place names etc. sientiéndolo us as something outside.

That's a question a little strange for us.

To begin the question would understand if it were for example:
was Spanish culture more influenced by Arab or The Roman Empire civilization ?

This is no brainer. Rome gave Spain language and religion. Two biggest cultural items.

However today's Spain, have staggering influences from England and USA, where current economic and financial systems come from, not mentioning music, movies and science, well, same as the rest of the world.

This is no brainer. Rome gave Spain language and religion. Two biggest cultural items.

However today's Spain, have staggering influences from England and USA, where current economic and financial systems come from, not mentioning music, movies and science, well, same as the rest of the world.

Make no mistake, it's a cinch, by the bad will get nothing from Spain or take centuries to conquer, now take everything good.

But E.E.U.U. is a wonderful country in Europe wished we did not have so many prejudices.

Do not bother too much on the subject, the monopoly of the Celtic world is theirs.

as per post #1, would it be fair to say, that the catalans are the original ancient iberians and not celtic, while the castiians, leonese and galicians are celtic and less so old ancient iberians?

as per post #1, would it be fair to say, that the catalans are the original ancient iberians and not celtic, while the castiians, leonese and galicians are celtic and less so old ancient iberians?

Not exactly, before the complete circle route maybe. But after Central europeans celts cames, catalans were celtiberians.

link deleted

Last edited:

I think that mixtures have occurred somewhat differently in proportion in different Spanish regions giving a fairly homogeneous product in total. Of all the places that names do think that Barcelona privincia factor may have less Celtic and sometimes I can see very clearly as were the Laietans, however in Lleida think it's more Celtic contribution should have received. Castile, Leon and Galicia? I think it must be quite middle-middle and away from those who could claim more Iberian factor in Galicia than in the latter two regions: Castilla y Leon. My conclusion is that it was an alloy in high percentages perhaps almost the same level as a new inhabitant settled in the Iberian Peninsula, which has been called Celtiberian, more then other contributions but the significance of this first.

This thread has been viewed 27097 times.

Back