New Englander

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian, Jewish, British
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b U-152
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c8
This new tool lets you see what the average face of someone with similar ancestry composition will look like. Seems pretty accurate. Seems like the jaw and lower face matches perfectly. Same hair texture as well.

13925411_10207016255700248_58537062013415492_n.jpgdownload.jpg

Can you post the link?

Nice chain and chest hair btw I also like to look Guido every once in a while

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

You upload your photo? I'm having issues getting an English version of the face page to display. I did upload Ancestry results.....ready in 3 days.

Yes, you upload your first, I assume for data collection purposes.

How does it work? Does it create a face based on DNA or just use software to find a similar pic?

I have no idea. I think it uses your DNA profile and compiles images corresponding to your data.

I have no confidence in their ability to interpret European DNA. I just got the results of their ethnicity breakouts and they are so laughable that I won't even post them. Hungarian lol. Polish, Italian, Greek, GERMAN, and IRISH aren't even categories.

However they will give you Haplogroups if you have a newer Ancestry test. Same as I derived, but I'm skeptical of their mtDNA result as I didn't think there were enough lines of data for mtDNA in the Ancestry test to make a determination.

I have no confidence in their ability to interpret European DNA. I just got the results of their ethnicity breakouts and they are so laughable that I won't even post them. Hungarian lol. Polish, Italian, Greek, GERMAN, and IRISH aren't even categories.

However they will give you Haplogroups if you have a newer Ancestry test. Same as I derived, but I'm skeptical of their mtDNA result as I didn't think there were enough lines of data for mtDNA in the Ancestry test to make a determination.
They accurately predicted my mtdna with my 23andme results. With my Ancestrydna results they did not present me with any mtdna so I'm guessing that what they gave you isn't too accurate if they couldn't even predict mine

They accurately predicted my mtdna with my 23andme results. With my Ancestrydna results they did not present me with any mtdna so I'm guessing that what they gave you isn't too accurate if they couldn't even predict mine

23andMe uses the same chip as Ancestry then adds their own extra mtDNA chip.

23andMe uses the same chip as Ancestry then adds their own extra mtDNA chip.

I should clarify that that I was referring to how and if WeGene determined my Mtdna from my 23andme and Ancestrydna data, sorry about that

This thread has been viewed 4541 times.

Back