Question What do you want to do with your body after you die ?

What do you want your body to become after dying ?

• I want to be buried with a religious ceremony

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I want to be buried without religious ceremony

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I want to be cremated with a religious ceremony

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I want to be cremated without religious ceremony

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I want to give my body to science

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I want to give my body to science, but still have a religious ceremony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want my body to be eaten by animals (crows, crocodiles, lions...) to reintegrate the cycle of life

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I want my body to be thrown into the sea

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I want to be cryogenized, so that I can be brought back to life when technology allows it

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Not a clue !

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other possibility (please specify)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
I'll....

swap ya 3 green balls for one!! Pepsi ate mine away years ago!

Frank

:D

TimF said:
I have not though about this much since my brother died but I guess I want to be cremated doesnt matter how and if I havent made it to japan befor I am dead spread my ashes there so on a tour of japan and just throw a little of me out everywhere like chicken feed untill I have covered as much area as I can then put a head stone next to my brothers stating when I was born and when I died and before I die I need to make up a few poems or haikus to put on there and of course some have to be funny so when people come to visit my site they wont be as sad. And as far as my organs hell science can have em its not like I am going to be using them anytime soon! LOL :D

Also somebody said they are too young to think about this sort of thing. Well let me tell ya you are never too young to think about it my brother was only 15 when he died but he did not die of natural causes either but i am just saying you are never too young to think about it. When he died we wished we would have known what he wanted.

I'm sorry to hear that man!! :kanashii: I lost my nephew 3 years ago of leukemia...anyways I mean that I'm not thinking of death or how I want to be burried/cremated....I'm DEAD then ain't I?? so who cares what they'll do with my body...if I can help someone with it it's ok for me..I would be happy to know I helped someone survive!!But I wouldn't want to donate my organs to science....that's unethical I think....to just cut somebodies corpse to study out of it...that's not the way 2 go :souka: well that's my 2 cent!!

RockLee said:
But I wouldn't want to donate my organs to science....that's unethical I think....to just cut somebodies corpse to study out of it...that's not the way 2 go :souka: well that's my 2 cent!!

hw do you think they do research to make cures for all those nasty diseases?

they don't just play around with your organs like you did at school when you cut open a frog just to have a look-see.. there's a point to it...

I wanna be stuffed (hehe) and to be used in later museum exhibits of early man (say in ten thousand years) :D :D

umm.. anything but cremation.. (that just creeps me out)

..and as long as i don't die old.. im fine.. X)

I agree with rock, ill think about it when the time comes !

:D

Voted "not a clue" but mean "don't care". Hell, I'll be dead by then. So what?

A Little Off Topic, But.....

something you might want to talk over with your parents or loved ones! A living will if you're old enough to sign one where you live. Do you want to be kept alive with breathing & feeding machines and have a bunch of tubes running into & out of you for years?? Depending on where you live, it might happen! Talk to your doctor and your folks about what to do if you are in a coma. Be aware of what the laws are where you live. You might say you don't care, you won't be aware; but think what your family & loved ones will have to go through. If your folks don't want to think about it, talk with your doctor about it, he should be able to answer any of your questions.

Frank

:?

i've already told a few different relatives exactly what i want done in case i die or somehow place myself in a coma..

although it might seem macabre at first when you start talking about it to them, i just explain i'm not about to kill myself or anything, you just never know when the engine of an aeroplane hits you in the head or a bus with a drunken driver decides to shift lanes onto the sidewalk.

being in the wrong place at the wrong time is very common.. people do it every day and die tragic deaths because of it.. might aswell be prepared..

not saying to take it too serious though.. the "that doesn't happen to me" attitude is what keeps us from going insane with the dangers that lurk behind every corner..

When I'm dead I want to be buried in a pyramid like in the good old egyptian days ^^
or...if my family hasnt got enough money for that, science can have it (or I will think of something else if i'm older, just as my views on everything change every minute)

if I would happen to get into coma or sth I would want to be killed immediately, can't stand these machines(I even think its pointless to try to revive someone, who is destined to die soon anyway...)

R4D said:
When I'm dead I want to be buried in a pyramid like in the good old egyptian days ^^

Ditto! Its the best way to go. And I want all my treasures i have stockhoused in my life to come with me. :blush:

R4D said:
or...if my family hasnt got enough money for that, science can have it (or I will think of something else if i'm older, just as my views on everything change every minute)

Looks like science will have it for the time being, eh? :D

i tend to think byrying is a waste of money and land, cause you spend thousands on a coffin and to preserve a body that will still rot, it'll just take longer. the thought of an oven is a bit creepy, but i'd prefer that to burial...

ashuri2 said:
i tend to think byrying is a waste of money and land, cause you spend thousands on a coffin and to preserve a body that will still rot, it'll just take longer. the thought of an oven is a bit creepy, but i'd prefer that to burial...
Burning is even more of a waste, it also pollutes the environment (well, if you lived rather unhealthy, burying might do as well). If you're buried you're at least fodder for the worms & end up as some sort of fertilizer (depends also on the coffin, of course).

bossel said:
Burning is even more of a waste, it also pollutes the environment (well, if you lived rather unhealthy, burying might do as well). If you're buried you're at least fodder for the worms & end up as some sort of fertilizer (depends also on the coffin, of course).

you could still end up fertilizer if you choose to have your ashes scattered. and speaking of environmental health, how can the fabric and velevet and metal and formaldehyde and clothing and all the chemicals used to preserve the body be ggod for the soil? it's not just the body going in the soil. if so, i would have no problem with it.

ashuri2 said:
you could still end up fertilizer if you choose to have your ashes scattered. and speaking of environmental health, how can the fabric and velevet and metal and formaldehyde and clothing and all the chemicals used to preserve the body be ggod for the soil? it's not just the body going in the soil. if so, i would have no problem with it.
If you are burnt, most of the useful stuff just pollutes the air. For being buried: it's your own choice, isn't it. You can choose to be buried just with a linen shroud & in a natural wooden coffin.

Ahh I hate stuff like this.. it reminds me that I am going to DIE. Imagine that, Me Dead.. A world without me .. Haha.. But I'm only 16 so I am living my life ignoring that fact that I am going to die until I actually do.. :).. And as for cremation.. see.. I am in big denial that I'm going to die.. and I don't want to.. so if they burn my body.. then that would kind of be the final "You Are Dead" thing.. Although if my body stays intact.. then maybe I will die hoping that some kind of medical future science can bring me back.. or like just my head in a jar like on Futurama Haha.. Dunno.. even though most people like cremation.. I just don't.. I don't like the idea of my body being burned and gone.. but really.. after I am dead..I am dead .. so what the hell do I care what happens to my body.. it's not going to affect the fact that I am extremely dead and don't exist.. Ahh.. I don't waaaanna diiiiie.. heh..

This thread has been viewed 58991 times.

Back