What is your favourite American TV series ?

What is your favourite American TV series ?

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
American series are good for polls in an international community like this one, because they are broadcasted in countries all over the globe.

My all time favourite is Friends, but I also liked Ally McBeal, 24, and to a lesser extent ER, Dark Angels and CSI.

I have only listed those that I was sure were broadcasted outside the USA. I have seen all of them in both Europe and Japan, except CSI which I haven't seen in Japan (but I didn't really look for it either).

I haven't listed soap operas like Beverly Hills, Baywatch or Melrose Place in the poll.

Last edited:
I can't say that I like any of the ones in the poll. But, I do like the Law and Order Series. Law and Order: SVU (Special Victims Unit) is my favorite one. And some of the CSI series.

monrepo said:
'Just shoot me'
'Married with children'

Never heard. Do they broadcast it in Greece ?

Tuesday Nights.....

N.C.I.S. , N=Navy; with Mark Harmon as team leader. It's almost the only show on TV that can keep me off JREF!

Frank

:)

these are my favourites:
"Friends"
"Ally McBeal"
"Everybody loves Raymond"
"Still Standing"
"Scrubs"
"8 simple rules"
"That 70's show"
"Tru Calling"
"Will & Grace"
"Seinfeld"
"According to Jim"
"Frasier"
well..i can't recall the rest..it's a long list :p

Why does everyone I know like "Friends?" What is so wonderful about that show!? :souka:

Ma Cherie said:
Why does everyone I know like "Friends?" What is so wonderful about that show!?
I have the same thoughts and I am glad to say that I have never seen one episode. It seems so many people were obsessed with that show along with Seinfeld, a show which I also have never seen in its entirety. I've only seen snippits of those shows while channel surfing.

Some of the comedy shows listed by others I have never seen at all. Of the snippits I have seen, I find them to be very lame and mind numbing and cannot see what makes them so popular.

The shows I watch regularly are:

Stargate SG1

Stargate Atlantis

Battlestar Gallactica

The Shield ( a well acted real life police drama set in LA. From a few policemen and detectives that I know in NYC, they say it is "close to the mark" on what real detective work is like in a major city)

Commander in Chief (A well written and acted show about the first female president of the US)

I very much enjoyed "Dark Angel" when it was on, but they suddenly discontinued it a few years back.

Currently my favorite show is "lost". Thank God for DSL so I can download it. They're supposed to start airing it in Japan this spring I believe. It's going to be huge over here.

Ma Cherie said:
Why does everyone I know like "Friends?" What is so wonderful about that show!? :souka:

Humour is not universal. It is cultural and personal. But visibly the people who created Friends have a very similar sense of humour to mine. And there are not many comedies that I find funny... (none of the Japanese ones for instance)

Rukia said:
"Everybody loves Raymond"
"Still Standing"
"Scrubs"
"8 simple rules"
"That 70's show"
"Tru Calling"
"Will & Grace"
"Seinfeld"
"According to Jim"
"Frasier"

Among these, I have heard (on the Net) of "Seinfeld" and "Frasier" (but never had the opportunity to watch them), otherwise I don't know any of them. :relief: I don't think any of them are shown on the 30 or so cable TV channels I can get here.

C.S.I.
Stargate SG1
Scrubs
Waking the Dead

My all time favourite show is Stargate SG1. I also like Stargate Atlantis, The X Files, Millennium, Star Trek (esp. DS9), Dead Zone, 4400, Carnivale, Numb3rs and Lost. I can't stand Friends or Frasier - for comedy I like Malcolm in the Middle, Futurama and Third Rock from the Sun.

The only ones I watch are and none of them are on the list
Law&Order
Law&Order: SVU (special victims unit)
Law&Order: CI (Criminal intent)
Law&Order: TBJ (Trial by Jury)
Family Guy
Combat (old war tv show from the 60's)

The Law & Order shows are all great. Made my week when Mike Logan came back.

I'm also a big fan of Law & Order along with CSI. They're the only shows I currently watch on network television.

:cool:

Maciamo said:
American series are good for polls in an international community like this one, because they are broadcasted in countries all over the globe.

My all time favourite is Friends, but I also liked Ally McBeal, 24, and to a lesser extent ER, Dark Angels and CSI.

I have only listed those that I was sure were broadcasted outside the USA. I have seen all of them in both Europe and Japan, except CSI which I haven't seen in Japan (but I didn't really look for it either).

I haven't listed soap operas like Beverly Hills, Baywatch or Melrose Place in the poll.
im offended that the gretest show ever, The Soprano's is not on the list,
or even Lost for that fact and what about the The Shield?

Jack2 said:
im offended that the gretest show ever, The Soprano's is not on the list,
or even Lost for that fact and what about the The Shield?
The Sopranos, being on HBO, a small fee is charged for the privelage of watching it on cable. I would love to see it as I heard many say it was excellent, but I refuse to pay for it. I'm sure there are others here as well that refuse to pay for it. I would buy it on DVD, but it is really expensive and wonder whether it's worth it or not. It may not be broadcast overseas yet.

The Shield is an excellent show. Can't say enough at how good it is.

Lost. I've never seen it as I missed the first few weeks. If I would've caught it from the beginning I think I may enjoy it.

I just started watching the new series of 24 which started recently and have watched the first 4 hours. I was hooked on it within the first 10 minutes and I find it, so far, to be one of the best action-packed, well acted, suspenseful shows I have seen in a long time. I can't wait till the next hour. If the previous 4 seasons were anything close to what I have seen so far I am going to buy all of them. It is a show you'll want to watch again.

24!!!!! to make a serie about 24 hours, i love it!!! kiefer sunderland plays really good, and the story´s are good, especialy the first 2!

This thread has been viewed 2956 times.

Back