What is your favourite American TV series ?

What is your favourite American TV series ?

• Total voters
kirei_na_me said:
M*A*S*H is a great show. My dad loved it too, and I remember watching it with him when I was very young, maybe three and four years old. I watch it on Hallmark Channel sometimes now because it brings back good memories. I love Hawkeye!

Wasn't it funny how M*A*S*H* lasted longer than the war the series was based on? While I'm on the subject, I heard on the news the other day that the Army will soon shut down it's last real life Mobile Army Surgical Hospital soon.

Dutch Baka said:
24!!!!! to make a serie about 24 hours, i love it!!! kiefer sunderland plays really good, and the story?Ls are good, especialy the first 2!
Yes.. dutch baka we agree. 24 second season is one my all time fave.

I'll list some American shows I enjoyed since childhood up till now
How come no one mentioned Miami Vice.... the bestest police show ever :blush:

Recent more modern ones include, yes i'm afraid so, JAG... cool navy lawyers saving the gov...

CSI-- the original one, don't like the spin offs

The Practice is the best lawyer series out there. It's justy simply amazing, especially the seaons with bobby donnell and the uber cute DA, helen gamble:p

Friends is quite funny

Spin City was rather good, a sit com based on politics is hard to find, and a very good one at that.
Sienfield is pretty funny as well, although has too much New York (and US) based humour so if you don't know the allusions it can be dull.

And why has no one mentioned the SIMPSONS, probaply the most satirical show about American culture and society that has the incredible ability to be enjoyed from kids to adults with something for everyone.

Maciamo said:
Among these, I have heard (on the Net) of "Seinfeld" and "Frasier" (but never had the opportunity to watch them), otherwise I don't know any of them. :relief: I don't think any of them are shown on the 30 or so cable TV channels I can get here.

Frasier would run for a while on the flemish channel VT4 around midnight. Maybe they will put it back again, and Seinfield as well would run on one of the flemish channels... but i forgot which one :(

Duo said:
How come no one mentioned Miami Vice.... the bestest police show ever :blush:

BAH! Hill Street Blues was better! And season one just came out on DVD! As for buddy-buddy cop shows, Starsky & Hutch ruled the roost!!
:cool:

Recent more modern ones include, yes i'm afraid so, JAG... cool navy lawyers saving the gov...

Don't believe what happened on that, and was in the Navy for 20 years and JAG lawyers didn't go jetting all over the place saving the world like superheroes!

CSI-- the original one, don't like the spin offs

I'll agree with you there. The original is always the best, same with Law & Order. In the way back department, I'm surprised no one mentioned a piddling little show from the late 60's called Star Trek which only spawned four sequels, ten movies, scores of novels and maintained it's popularity through four decades. Without Kirk and company paving the way on the starship Enterprise, there would never have been a Star Wars to pick up the banner for the success of sci-fi today!
:cool:

My fav is Star Trek (all series) , then Star Gate : SG1 + Atlantis, A-team, CSI !

I used to watch Hercules and Xena...but that was a looong time ago :p

In general I like SCIFI series a lot :)

my list of fav TV shows:

George Lopez show
Thats 70's show
Lost
Explorer
Distraction
Drawn Together

Not in order of preference:

Lost
The Office
Family Guy (cartoon)
Simpsons (cartoon, although I don't watch it much anymore)
South Park (Cartoon)
Friends
8 Simple Rules
Yes Dear
Seinfeld
Married With Children
Everybody Loves Raymond
Stargate Atlantis
Last but not least, and it's a Late Night Talk Show.....Conan O'Brian!!!

Use to watch Hercules and Xena as well, miss it very much

I am surprised nobody has said this yet but my favourite is Battlestar Galactica (the new series). Amazing story, great special effects and actors. I also like how it's being shot in my hometown. Maybe I can be an extra! :D (Probably not!)

Runnerups;

Stargate SG1 and Atlantis
Family Guy
T.H.E.M (while it lasted)

Mitsuo Oda said:
Not in order of preference:
Lost
The Office
Family Guy (cartoon)
Simpsons (cartoon, although I don't watch it much anymore)
South Park (Cartoon)
Friends
8 Simple Rules
Yes Dear
Seinfeld
Married With Children
Everybody Loves Raymond
Stargate Atlantis
Last but not least, and it's a Late Night Talk Show.....Conan O'Brian!!!
Use to watch Hercules and Xena as well, miss it very much

Would you believe that out of all the shows you listed the only ones I have seen at all are The Simpsons and South Park? (And only a few episodes of each of those).

Really? Wow, you need to stop getting out more and enjoy the not so fresh air. But at least they were good shows Mike!

~Lost:122:
~Friends:beer:
~Seinfeld:lol:
~Everybody Loves Raymond:emblaugh:
~Roswell (too bad they cancelled it):mad:
~Desperate housewives:rose:
~The bold and the beautiful ( it's a soap but it is not shown in the soap's airtime due to its popularity in Australia):thankyou:
~24:cool:

I think that's all if I think of more I will let you know!

Sex and the City is such an addicting show. But I don't think my life in the city will ever be that interesting.

This thread has been viewed 2948 times.

Back