Eurogenes Why are the Central Anatolians the closest to the Greeks among the Anatolia Turks?

Poxy

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Korean
101713.png

I was playing around with the g25 and found out something quite interesting.
It's quite shocking to me that, despite their geographical proximity and historical connection, Western Anatolians are farther away from the Greeks than Central Anatolians.

Last edited:
It's because the Turkic admixture is found in highest concentrations in western Turkey if I am not mistaken.

it is difficult to give an answer. The G25 uses academic samples released by academic studies but many of these academic samples are not entirely accurate, that's the idea I got after downloading them myself (I can give you numerous examples of samples that are not accurate), and so first you would have to figure out whether Central Anatolians and Western Anatolians are entirely representative for their areas.

it is difficult to give an answer. The G25 uses academic samples released by academic studies but many of these academic samples are not entirely accurate, that's the idea I got after downloading them myself (I can give you numerous examples of samples that are not accurate), and so first you would have to figure out whether Central Anatolians and Western Anatolians are entirely representative for their areas.
Also please note that due to the large exchange of populations between Greece and Turkey you could have ended up with a lot of Greek & Balkan descent Muslims moving to central Anatolia. I have no data to support that, just a hypothesis.

View attachment 14194

I was playing around with the g25 and found out something quite interesting.
It's quite shocking to me that, despite their geographical proximity and historical connection, Western Anatolians are farther away from the Greeks than Central Anatolians. The question of why Central Anatolians are considered the closest to the Greeks among Anatolian Turks is complex and rooted in historical, cultural, and geographical factors. This intriguing dynamic reflects the rich history of Anatolia, where diverse civilizations and communities have coexisted. Understanding this proximity involves delving into the historical interactions and shared influences between these groups. For those interested in exploring such historical connections further, https://gradesfixer.com/essay-collections/top-10-classic-books-to-write-about/ provides insights into classic books that delve into historical and cultural themes, offering a deeper understanding of the context and nuances surrounding this relationship.
Very interesting information!

This thread has been viewed 1238 times.

Back