Your opinion of italians

On italian looks

• Total voters
Southern Italians are surely closer to the Greeks! While Northern Italians I think are closer to French people than to the Spainards! Anyhow I can't see all this difference beetween Southern Italians, Northern Italians, Southern French and Spainards! I can't distinguish them "naked eye".
I have hard times with French but Spaniards and Italians I can distinguish easily from each other and anybody else :)

I have hard times with French but Spaniards and Italians I can distinguish easily from each other and anybody else :)

I don't know, I think we are really look a like! Many Spainards thought I was Spanish! =)

I agree. There is a distinct Spanish look, and it doesn't look Italian or even too French to me. Nevermind that the East Med look does not exist in Spain but is common throughout some of southern Italy.

I look like a typical southern Italian and I would stand out in Spain.

Thank you, Boss. This means that all these "it" are the various kind of Italians? Is there any way to find out where we - as single persons - are in the map?

yes, you can discover your position on genetic maps and your admixture and similarities with various ethnicities with genetic tests.. the best for me and the more reliable is 23andme.
other blogs onlines studies the genetic of populations.. such as Dienekes blog
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ish7688voT0/TR8ox_MI6qI/AAAAAAAADIE/zEcyBpR0U8s/s1600/MDS1600.png

North Italians look predominantly celtic ( with R1b present in 55-60% of north italian males, more than one out of two of them walking around is of Celtic stock.) but there are ALSo 10% minority J2 and 10% minority E present in north Italy as well which puts the Neolithic element or "foreign" non-European elements at 20-25% of the y-DNA. Central Italy is 40-45% R1b, the J2 increases to 20 or so percent but the E remains at around 10%. One we touch the south, only 25-30% of men are R1b Celtic, 20-25% are J2 and 20-25% are E, with the other 20 or so percent being a random amalgams of low percentage haplogroups that don't really represent the italian population as a whole. Levels in Sicily are similar to southern Italy but the J2 has a slight increase to about 28-30% of men. And Sardinia of course is totally different from Italy, and the rest of Europe with its 40-45% Sardinian haplogroup I

Wow I posted that too fast lol.....with its 40 or so percent haplogroup I, 20 percent R1b, 10% J2 and 10% E.

That is correct. I believe that this haplogroup I2 reached Sardinia via coastal Spain/Iberian peninsula another not Italy or southern France as is often speculated considering Corsica has such high R1b, predominantly of the U-152 variety whereas Sardinians have 20% R1b from later movements whereas the I2 in Sardinia is even older and may represent the first men to arrive to the island.

correction, and NOT from Italy.or FranceFrance

Yes probably southern French and Tuscans, R1b U-152 is exceptionally high in Corsica, when it got there I don't know wether millennia ago or only a few hundred years but this island is genetically, radically different from neighbouring Sardinia suggesting they had a very different colonization points and period of colonization also different. Sardinia also has the highest haplogroup G pretty much in all Europe (20%) because it received the bulk of the European G2a P15 migration, it headed directly to Sardinia. It would be very interesting to analyze both these Mediterranean islands as they have very different genetic histories

Italians look great generally. They dress elegantly, know how to eat, dress and party. I have met many Italian ladies and men and most of them show class. If I had to choose to marry outside my ethnic group, Italians were the first choice. Before arriving to New York I had a high regard for nordics. After seen their lifestyle here my opinion has dramatically changed. Mediterranians are different.

By the way I prefer Central and suthern Italians over Northerns. There are some ugly blond north Italain types that make me nervous. Majority of central and southern Italians are good looking in their own way. It happen to know an american women of Swedish disent in New York. She woul travell allway to Rome to meet Italians since in New York majority of Italians are married. I think she new what she was doing. Her anually salary was $200 000.

Italians are interesting and unique in all of Europe...they are what happens when Celtic blood (r1b) and Mesopotamian blood (J2) mix for many many generations. It's interesting to see what this can produce, such as women with black hair and olive skin with big beautiful blue eyes, same for the men, many are good looking, take me for example mo mothers side is from Pisa to the north and they have the curliest blondest hair and bluest eyes you could find, almost like Germans, in fact my grandfather was so handsome that the Germans would not lift a finger in aggression towards him during world war 2, he would smoke and talk with them and they would stare on in awe wondering how a man as Germanic looking as him could be found on the other side of the alps, every acquaintance or friend that he had would refer to him as "il tedescho", or the German. My fathers side where poor farmers from the south, my dads dad ( other grandfather) almost looks Lebanese or Armenian. Interesting combinations in Italy, as in many other countries! : )

@adamo

You still like to overgeneralize :) R1b - Celtic Blood? :) J2 - Mesopotamian blood?

The Caucasus is full of R1b, are they all Celts? :)

Italians look great generally. They dress elegantly, know how to eat, dress and party. I have met many Italian ladies and men and most of them show class. If I had to choose to marry outside my ethnic group, Italians were the first choice.

Whats your Opinion on the Arbereshe?

Last edited:
Before arriving to New York I had a high regard for nordics. After seen their lifestyle here my opinion has dramatically changed. Mediterranians are different.

So you changed your opinion in favor of Mediterraneans, because of Italo-Americans from NYC? those people.....

90% of Italian immigrants into the USA came from southern Italians

northern Italians went to Argentina and sao paulo brasil ........Canada got some dregs.

Kardu, no the R1b in the Caucasus are not full celts. They simply, long ago, received a very minor Celtic R1b people's migration that subsequently, for many generations, mixed in with local haplogroup lineages. I am not saying those men are celts, as their mothers fathers and other family lineages may be from the Caucasus area, its just that at some point in time, a Germanic man migrated to the Caucasus and left his imprint, genetically lollll, on your family. You have some portion of that blood in you, I'm not saying you're a pure Germanic. And for what concerns Italy, for example, people saying Italians/Romans is not as celts as Western Europe they are more 'southern' Europe, look up pictures of francesco totti or claudio marchisio, marco andreolli, daniele de Rossi, or Christian Maggio and Federico balzaretti. These are all 100% pure italian men from different regions of Italy, and probably they all have at least some/majoritarian R1b in their blood, as 50% of Italians do, or one out of every two men. How can you refer to these men, of which you can find many all across Italy from north to Sicily as being "southern European" phenotype. They look more like Swiss Gauls or French/Belgians to me, typical Western European white men just like Irish English or spaniards. But there are others like cesare Prandelli, lorenzo insigne, Bruno conti ( ex-soccer player) and other Italians ( way too lazy to search for these Assyrian types right now) that are found in isolated villages all across Italy that are obviously not of Celtic stock and still to this day, look more like Palestinians or Armenians than legitimate Europeans.

@Adamo

Sorry, you need to educate yourself about population genetics and haplogroups. What you claim above is complete nonsense..

Most of the haplogroups are thousands of years older than any historically attested ethnic group, but if you wanna believe your simplistic fairy-tales, choice is yours.

This thread has been viewed 91064 times.

Back