Your Thoughts on Public Nudity

I, unfortunately, did not manage to load " a double photo " one girl (taken with one site) where one photo - this girl is naked in the top part of a body, and the second - this girl is dressed, but has such lovely look, whether that became interesting her "charm" - her body to me "will change", but to find out your opinion to me it was not possible - even my editing ( puttying of a breast of this girl) has go out " a face - the control "...
And it is a pity - I would like to transfer a subject " from discussions of breasts " to conversation on "charm"...:blush:

I have nothing wrong with nudity at all. It's nature. In many ways it's a work of art. But of course now, it will never be legal to walk around nude in public. In my opinion anyways. Although, I do have to admit, I prefer fit bodies (Women) Boobs not too big and not mosquito bites (Sorry if I offended anyone with that term).

I think the real problem here is the puritanical notion (which comes from religions that want to control people) that seeing an uncovered boob will cause a child to become a serial rapist or something in later life. The funny part is that most Americans are aware that the European attitude toward nudity and so forth is considerably more casual than that in this country, yet we don't think of Europeans as being fundamentally immoral. Amazing how we can disconnect like that, isn't it?

Most adults got their hands on a Playboy or something like that at least once when they were kids and they didn't become social liabilities yet somehow we think that if our kids see nudity, they're going to grab a Tec-9 and shoot up the high school cafeteria. What's up with that?

I also have no problem walking around nude. It actually feels normal to me.

Here I come World!!

Thanks for pointing out the differences in culture. :p Europeans aren't as "prudish" I guess. Jennifer Aniston has posed nude in European ads I think. But she would never pose topless here in the US.

We're taught to be ashamed of our bodies. And we have to ask ourselves, what are we protecting children from when there's a person walking around nude on television?

Please excuse me, I do not have time yet for a major, involved and well thought out post here yet, but just couldn't pass up this moment.

Ma Cherie said:
And we have to ask ourselves, what are we protecting children from when there's a person walking around nude on television?

Yes....those who do so are protecting their children from final reality--in other words, truth.

And I just got this yesterday, in a kind of English language weekly journal/newspaper printed here in Japan for those studying English. There was an article, from the Associated Press entitled, 'More Than Just Soccer' which kind of gave an introduction of some towns in Germany.

In the two paragraphs under the sub-heading, 'Munich', it lists several places to go sightseeing, one of which is the English Garden. Immediately after that listing, in parenthesis, is the following, and I quote, "warning:nude sunbathers [bold theirs].

So if you go to Munich for the games, watch out, them there nude sunbathers might attack you and boil you for their war-party-trophy dinner !!
:D :D :D

Mars Man said:
Please excuse me, I do not have time yet for a major, involved and well thought out post here yet, but just couldn't pass up this moment.
Yes....those who do so are protecting their children from final reality--in other words, truth.
And I just got this yesterday, in a kind of English language weekly journal/newspaper printed here in Japan for those studying English. There was an article, from the Associated Press entitled, 'More Than Just Soccer' which kind of gave an introduction of some towns in Germany.
In the two paragraphs under the sub-heading, 'Munich', it lists several places to go sightseeing, one of which is the English Garden. Immediately after that listing, in parenthesis, is the following, and I quote, "warning:nude sunbathers [bold theirs].
So if you go to Munich for the games, watch out, them there nude sunbathers might attack you and boil you for their war-party-trophy dinner !!
:D :D :D

I would say the Dutch are the most open-minded one with public nudity, and many other things related to sex and sex appeals.

Mitsuo Oda said:
I have nothing wrong with nudity at all. It's nature. In many ways it's a work of art. But of course now, it will never be legal to walk around nude in public. In my opinion anyways. Although, I do have to admit, I prefer fit bodies (Women) Boobs not too big and not mosquito bites (Sorry if I offended anyone with that term).
I think the real problem here is the puritanical notion (which comes from religions that want to control people) that seeing an uncovered boob will cause a child to become a serial rapist or something in later life. The funny part is that most Americans are aware that the European attitude toward nudity and so forth is considerably more casual than that in this country, yet we don't think of Europeans as being fundamentally immoral. Amazing how we can disconnect like that, isn't it?
Most adults got their hands on a Playboy or something like that at least once when they were kids and they didn't become social liabilities yet somehow we think that if our kids see nudity, they're going to grab a Tec-9 and shoot up the high school cafeteria. What's up with that?
I also have no problem walking around nude. It actually feels normal to me.
Here I come World!!

You know in general I find Europeans to be more conservative than Americans but I guess not in this area.

Oh I forgot to mention when I say busted I don’t mean extremely large boobs, as I considered those not proportional and unnatural I bet they are fake, and they look ugly to me, examples are Lolo Ferrari, Pamela Anderson.

What I considered busted and proportional is something like Chinese Actress Vivian chow’s figure as picture show below, and actress like Angelina Jolie.

vivchow.gif

angelina_jolie_1_1024x768.jpg

Some people might not consider these as busted women, but I have seen tonnes of women that are equivalently thin, but their boobs are far smaller or simply flat. So this is my definition of busted, healthy attractive looking women.

I don't like displaying myself nude in public but I think it's everyone's own business, whether he or she shows himself naked in public or not.

Well, I think we better make a clear distinction, when people posts mention Europeans. As a whole, the beach culture and the weather makes italian and spanish people wear less clothes, but nudity is rare outside the topless lay on the beach. Latins are still prude when it comes to nudity, although you might prove me wrong in the discos... Most of the white-skinned naked people lying on the Mediterranean shores would be German or Dutch. East Germany, during the communist rule years, promoted a strong independence for women. Part of the package was the FKK (Frei Körper Kultur), aka as nudism all over. It is quite natural in Sweden too to meet in communal saunas. I worked as a nurse's aide for quite some time, and nudity in the hospital is not quite the same. Most patients would accept being helped by a male nurse. As a personal note, having always made sport, I see nothing shocking or unpleasant about having a shower with other members of the club. Nudity in art is branded acceptable and fashionable, but regular people's bodies are considered inappropriate. Blame our judeo-christian culture for that...

Hmm.. I don't like to walk naked, simply because there are practical reasons to wear clothes.
The main reason is protection.
Clothes protect against losing energy, against sunburn, and against insects.
Pants and shoes also protect against stinging plants and animals.

People go to a beach because it's a body friendly environment, at least if you use protection against sunburn.

Most of the other areas where people go have risks.
Woods are nice to ride a bicycle in, along the paths of course, but there are always lots of insects.

I doubt I would display myself nude in public, but I don't see how being naked could hurt anyone. It is a natural state of being really - clothes are more of a protection made for you, not to shield others from you.

I doubt I would display myself nude in public, but I don't see how being naked could hurt anyone. It is a natural state of being really - clothes are more of a protection made for you, not to shield others from you
The "sense of modesty" (decensy) is an abstract concept, everybody have is point of view...

To fart and to burp is natural, but we don't do it in public, why?
Because we are humans with a sense of modesty...

Nudity in "public", a worthy topic. Public can mean many things. Nudity can mean many things too. In a public courtroom or a public place of worship would certainly be not appropriate. In a public park or on a public beach would, I believe, be appropriate.

I am and have been a naturist in the USA since the mid 1960s, a time when became accepted accepted in print and on film. I still can and do attend naturist/nudist clubs. I can no longer find much nudity in print or on film because it has been banned by legislation and harassment.

I was young, muscular and athletic in the 1960s, now I am very old, wrinkled and fatter. None of the youth seem disturbed by my looks.

I raised my children as nudists from birth but now they are living in the "textile world" and no longer enjoy my lifestyle. Sad.

When you are talking about courtrooms and places of worship you are talking about uniforms and customs I believe. Therefore not entirely relevant to public nudity. I mean one can't go to court/temples in shorts or underpants anyway, so the point is moot, whether you're clothed or not doesn't matter. You have to simply conform. Different topic entirely.

On public nudity on the other hand, I actually much rather ogle at a chick wearing sexy lingerie than totally naked. Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying anything perverse, just that, man, if everyone walked the streets naked one HUGE part of what makes people mysterious and having an identity is just gone! Clothing is a form of expression folks!!! I think it originated out of necessity, but it has evolved into an expression. I LOVE sitting by the cafe and people-watch, at how they dress, what accessories they don, and I too take pleasure in dressing in a certain fashion to demonstrate my current mood. Suit or jacket to appear serious, casual to appear, well casual? If everybody was naked there would be nothing to look at... other than how people walk and how straight they can stand i guess.

The world is already a pretty boring place man... Please don't rob me of another favorite past time of mine. Girls, if you have to, wear your lingerie out. Don't go full naked please.

We are what are cultural background makes us. In the USA some of us have managed to get past the group nudity
taboo, while keeping "where" in perspective. Appropriate public nudity really wouldn't matter at all if it weren't
suppressed by politics/religion.

This thread has been viewed 54066 times.

Back