Living DNA launching One Family One World Project in cooperation with Eupedia

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I am excited to announce that Eupedia is teaming up with Living DNA to launch the largest genetic ancestry project to date, which will cover most of the world's countries, regions and ethnic groups. It is called the One Family One World Project (see blog post) and it aims to initially recruit 100,000 participants to analyse and map the genetic variations in the big human family. You can see the various regional projects here (click on the region's name to access the project's page). People who have already done a DNA test with another company can upload their results and take part for free.

Last edited:
Congrats Maciamo, awesome job! It is a great initiative and partnership for Eupedia!

I'll going to explore the links now.

It will be extraordinary to get this level of detail! Kudos!

I'm still waiting for my Living DNA test. However this is fantastic and I would to join. What proof would I need to say that my DNA is from that region. Because I got fully known family (even great-great grandparents) from north west Spain

I am excited to announce that Eupedia is teaming up with Living DNA to launch the largest genetic ancestry project to date, which will cover most of the world's countries, regions and ethnic groups. It is called the One Family One World Project (see blog post) and it aims to initially recruit 100,000 participants to analyse and map the genetic variations in the big human family. You can see the various regional projects here (click on the region's name to access the project's page). People who have already done a DNA test with another company can upload their results and take part for free.

Great job, I will join

a query - I prefer to upload my ftdna BigY test and other ftdna test than my 23andme v3 or natgeno test, is this the best option or ?

Can one upload , children, parents or wifes tests as well ?

If we already tested with LivingDNA are we automatically included or do we still need to upload? pretty excited. also the project doesn't give me an option to upload livingdna data(or since its formatted as a 23 file it should still take?0 Is there a USA participation link or can I do so directly from that EU link? Also can I upload my 23 file on a separate account as well? I have my fathers. and my moms. But my mom did anvestrydna.

This is great news, can't wait to see the results it will produce.

Kosovo and SouthEast Serbia being listed as the same colour and implicit region is quite disappointing as Kosovo is
currently 95% albanian ethnicity. This will only muddy and skew the statistics and will have albanian dna being
registered as south slav dna vice versa.

Note how this didn't happen with "Bosnia" and "Bosniak Serbs." Clearly demarcated colours and borders even though it is
only one country: Bosnia.

If this was done unintentionally, it is irresponsible. If it was done intentionally than it is a tendentious gesture conducive to serbia's expansionist aspirations. The reason I suspect it is intentional is that Kosovo is missing from their country list in both their "research section" as well as the countries listed in their South East Europe project:

"[FONT=&quot]This project spans the following countries: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey"[/FONT]

SkL3g0f.png

Kosovo and SouthEast Serbia being listed as the same colour and implicit region is quite disappointing as Kosovo is
currently 95% albanian ethnicity. This will only muddy and skew the statistics and will have albanian dna being

Note how this didn't happen with "Bosnia" and "Bosniak Serbs." Clearly demarcated colours and borders even though it is

If this was done unintentionally, it is irresponsible. If it was done intentionally than it is a tendentious gesture conducive to serbia's expansionist aspirations. The reason I suspect it is intentional is that Kosovo is missing from their country list in both their "research section" as well as the countries listed in their South East Europe project:

"This project spans the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey"

SkL3g0f.png

Agreed, and these budale still have it listed as Kosovo republika Srpska on country drop down. They should update that, because it gives the notion they do not acknowledge our Sovereignty. I plan on emailing them about it when I get home. Currently saying site is under maintanence when I try to upload my family members. Does the tester with livingDNA automatically get included, or do I just upload my file(since its 23andme format). Confused. There is no indication those already tested are automatically included in the study. Additionally, is the plan to eventually bolster their reference populations through this project, updating current LivingDNA testers?

I think this is great, but that point you mention is really silly. That needs to be corrected.

Now I am pissed. I tried to submit for my father and mom. Now its saying(after the maintenance message) that "that email is already in use". Despite that I didn't get taken to a following page to upload my DNA files and didn't receive confirmation emails. So idk what to do from here? Any help?

I managed to upload my father. The rest are giving me issues.

I'm mixed, would they still accept me? I've never been tested, but I'd like to know in case I do.

I'm waiting for my DNA test results from them, so I don't know if I should submit the previous dna or wait??

I'm mixed, would they still accept me? I've never been tested, but I'd like to know in case I do.

No, you must have at least 4 grand-parents all born in the same region of the same country in Eurasia or Africa to qualify.

Ok thanks! But still, it's cool to be a mutt! ;)

No, you must have at least 4 grand-parents all born in the same region of the same country in Eurasia or Africa to qualify.

Will livingDNA data be updated if we already tested? Or do I still have to upload the file to participate?

Considering LivingDNA does not acknowledge Kosova as an Albanian region, will this disqualify 100 percent Albanians who have a parent from Kosova? If so then that is really ridiculous.

They need to update the nation drop down too.

"This project spans the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey"

SkL3g0f.png

I emailed LivingDNA requesting they make amendment to the breakdown in South East Europe. Clearly doesn't make them look good that they don't recognize Kosova's independence and instead support the position/claim of the nation which committed genocide to its neighbors.

Regardless of their opinions on the matter, Kosova is a sovereign state. Their intention to purposely name it as Serbia on their site is a gross misrepresentation, especially for their business. It will also be problematic considering Kosova is majority Albanian. I can see that screwing with autosomal breakdown big time.

This thread has been viewed 66621 times.

Back