The Celts of Iberia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirius do not play bad blood with this issue, if someone is always talking about Mexicans is their problem, Spain loves Mexico.

Also when I traveled I have never confused with a Mexican and if so would have no problem. In Istanbul Italian mistook me especially in Bodrum I started as a black in the sun and the waiters spoke to me in Turkish, in Berlin that if it was Arabic, but good in Central Europe do not know too well qualify, confuse us all, that Yes, I noticed that I looked a lot, I was recently, but I think there could succeed, an Australian confused me with French or Galician, and an American with English, in short guy who never gets it right with me Spanish and I do not like because I when I meet someone the first thing I say is that I am Andalusian and Spanish and OLE.

Troll talking to another troll...

I wonder how someone who sucks so badly at english that needs to use google-translator, has managed to travel so much and interact with the natives. :rolleyes:

Regards.

Pasen y vean señores !, Bienvenidos al circo !

elbuf%25F3n%2520.jpg

Sirius do not play bad blood with this issue, if someone is always talking about Mexicans is their problem, Spain loves Mexico.

Also when I traveled I have never confused with a Mexican and if so would have no problem. In Istanbul Italian mistook me especially in Bodrum I started as a black in the sun and the waiters spoke to me in Turkish, in Berlin that if it was Arabic, but good in Central Europe do not know too well qualify, confuse us all, that Yes, I noticed that I looked a lot, I was recently, but I think there could succeed, an Australian confused me with French or Galician, and an American with English, in short guy who never gets it right with me Spanish and I do not like because I when I meet someone the first thing I say is that I am Andalusian and Spanish and OLE.

I have met serveral kinds of Spaniards in my life...

- The one that selled plumbing articles in a store near my house, looked like a Norwegan.
- The one that lived in the same street as me during my childhood looked like a French.
- The one that I met working for an English company in Mexico, looked more or less like a Turk.
- The one that talked to me while I was walking the streets of Amsterdam, looked like an Arab from Egypt...

The Spaniards are a very diverse people, whether some people like it or not...

In one regard has Carlitos a very good point, I think that that these nordicist fantasies (@Grizzly dixit) will only produce more division within yourselves.

And when an Spaniard travels abroad in a place where racism based on skin color is high (what about Spain itself :unsure:) how he will be treated will only depend in his/her own skin color, and only marginally would be helped by the fact of him/she being Spaniard.

So, why instead of trying hard to convince themselves and other people that all Spaniards are "celts" (whatever that means) and in the way being extremly rude and racists with other people, don't you help, instead, to fight racism and prejudice, and better embrace the cause that we all are humans?

(This do not imply that Spain will not, for example, give itself an immigration policy that fits its interests).

Regards.

The fact that you are quoting a desperate Nordicist clown without a clue apparently flies over your head. One only has to read the numerous references to "swarthy", "dark", "black", etc. (all of them obviously exaggerated terms by our modern standards, since no Europeans really fit such terms literally) Britons in British anthropological and ethnological literature, who invariably are said to be most common precisely in the "Celtic" areas of the British Isles (Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Wales, and SW England), to realize the deep denial in which people like the clown you are quoting are. The British Isles is not like Scandinavia. Scandinavians are truly predominantly depigmented Nordics. Britons are a mishmash of pigmented and depigmented Nordics, Alpines and Mediterraneans.

You can't be surprised at all.

Sirious2b has quoted (and linked) messages from stormfront :)sick:) to support his points in the past.

It must be depressing and frustrating to be nazi in Mexico, where whites are an ethnic minority. No wonder he passes so much time in spanish forums looking for acceptance from the spaniards (I know this guy from another forum called loquo where eupedia used to be mentioned. He followed me from there.). This guy is really creepy.

Regards.

So, why instead of trying hard to convince themselves and other people that all Spaniards are "celts" (whatever that means) and in the way being extremly rude and racists with other people, don't you help, instead, to fight racism and prejudice, and better embrace the cause that we all are humans?

(This do not imply that Spain will not, for example, give itself an immigration policy that fits its interests).

Regards.

Stop twisting our words, imbecile. Nobody here have ever said that "all spanish are celts", we're saying that we're predominantly celtiberians (other ethnicities also make part of "being spaniard", of course).

You're twisting our words all the way to make us look as complexed about ourselves as you are about your people. You're the only pitiful racist in here. You haven't stopped trolling since we told you that mexicans were predominantly amerindians. You logged into here looking for our "acceptance", you got a reply you didn't like and you haven't stopped acting like a clown since then.

Do your countrymen a favour: Go on tour to Ciudad Juarez.

Regards.

- The one that selled plumbing articles in a store near my house, looked like a Norwegan.
- The one that lived in the same street as me during my childhood looked like a French.
- The one that I met working for an English company in Mexico, looked more or less like a Turk.
- The one that talked to me while I was walking the streets of Amsterdam, looked like an Arab from Egypt...

In one regard has Carlitos a very good point, I think that that these nordicist fantasies (@Grizzly dixit) will only produce more division within yourselves.

And when an Spaniard travels abroad in a place where racism based on skin color is high (what about Spain itself :unsure:) how he will be treated will only depend in his/her own skin color, and only marginally would be helped by the fact of him/she being Spaniard.

Regards.

Nordic fantasies? :LOL: ...and referencing an off-the-wall Eupedia poster who doesn't believe in genetic science and denies what is exceedingly obvious to any person with basic intelligence, tsk, tsk. Face it, the guy has no credibility.

Pay close attention, Spaniards and other Iberians are only setting the records straight about their ethnic heritage - and yes, the Iberian substratum is in large part Celtic. Iberians are not trying to be Nordics or anything else.

NATIVE Spaniards are rather homogenous with only some minor regional differences, here and there. Diversity is found essentially outside the mainland, primarily in the Canaries. That's to be expected given the complex history of that particular area of Spain. A percentage of the population there is atypical and not equivalent genetically to mainland Spaniards.

BTW, I have travelled throughout Spain and never encountered an INDIGENOUS Spaniard who resembled an "Arab from Egypt". Any native Spaniard who looks like that would be seen as atypical.

Regards.
You are in desperate need of approval from Spaniards. Why are you spying spanairds in every forum on the net ? Specially racist forums. But I tell you this, you know nothing about Spain. You want to project your own insecurities to us spaniards, you want to make us look like your society. But you could not be more wrong. We are a very homogeneus country, we look rather similar to each other, and we don't have a caste system like in Latin-America. In our socierty, the upper-class looks exactly the same as the bottom level of society. And celts were not nordic, they were from Central Europe, and we never said we are Celts, they don't exist anymore, but we are largely of celtic ancestry, Spaniards are mainly Celtiberians, it`s pure history, all historians agree, wether you like it or not. And the Biritish Isles today are largely of germanic-nordic ancestry, not just celtic. Btw that grizzly idiot doesn't believe in science nor historians, he is only a desperate troll like you. Now go back to your cave.

Last edited:
Sorry Wilhelm, but a great part of the population of Spain, Portugal, France. England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, The Netherlands are CELTIC.
There is no doubt about that!

It's very stupid to tell Celts don't exist anymore!!
I am alive and kicking!

As a Celt I am a left wing politician.
Hit those capitalist bastards.

Sorry this URL is not opening to the Celtic music video, however, if one "wants" to do a youtube search with the above information the music can be found.

Melusine

Iberians as a whole are Celtiberians. There is significant evidence of Celtic culture in NW Iberia, but also other parts of well. There also have been some minor Germanic / Nordic contributions. Don't forget that the British Isles people have some ancient Iberian genetic substratum to their populations, but the Germanic / Nordic invasions as well as adaptation, lightened up most of the areas we see in the British Isles, otherwise they'd look more like Iberians.

An Irish person once said, "Ireland looks half-way between Iberia and Scandinavia." This is true, also as well genetically between there have been proven Iberian (as well as Basque), Germanic, Nordic invasions to support this quote. You also get similar Northern Iberian-looking, Paleo-Atlantid types popping up in such areas in the British Isles.

It's very stupid to tell Celts don't exist anymore!!
I am alive and kicking!

As a Celt I am a left wing politician.
Hit those capitalist bastards.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Are you a comedian?

You mean you are a politician??? And left wing, -because you are a Celt? And have to prove this by kicking around? Oh yeah, I'd better go before you start to bash your familiy at home! :D :D

Sirius what I mean is that the confusion when someone travels are for everyone, not just for Spanish, there are phenotypic homogeneity between the Spanish in general, but it is logical that if you stand in front of a German peasant woman with a beautiful brown hair dark Mediterranean appearance, the Lady did not know the source of the country they come from the wonder of being and probably will form their own conclusions according to their knowledge, beliefs or stereotypes.

The muñeira (in Galician, muiñeira: "mill") is a popular dance of the Spanish regions of Galicia, León and Asturias to sing and dance accompanied by bagpipes, tabor or drum, the tambourine (pandeireta) drum, tambourine (pandeiro), bass drum, and sometimes the shells Charrasco (cunchas ou scallops). There are no unequivocal documentary references prior to the sixteenth century. Today is, above all, a dance instrumental that just keeps the pace sardana compassionate 6 / 8. Muiñeira is said to come from this dance was danced in and out of the mills, in Galician Muiño-while waiting for the mill.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Are you a comedian?

You mean you are a politician??? And left wing, -because you are a Celt? And have to prove this by kicking around? Oh yeah, I'd better go before you start to bash your familiy at home! :D :D
What are you talking about? Don't you know that the Celts were not aristocratic and that they held no underclass of workers under the warrior class?

Why, they were the original marxists!:LOL:

Eochaidh,

Thanks for reposting the bagpipe URL for Galicia, Spain.

Melusine

Here some more, and other regions of Spain also, like Cantabria or Asturias :

Anthem of Asturias :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMG556MkKc

Asturian folk :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txzYcPTi2M0&feature=related

Anthem of Cantabria :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PFQm-A8To&feature=related

Galician traiditional folk dance Muiñeira ribeirana :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXWIvf6S-s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18kDios7eFA&feature=related

Galician folk , Pablo Quintana :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY9XoM0SWGs

It is not known exactly when the bagpipes came, but there are paintings and engravings of ancient Egypt in which they represent musicians playing an instrument very similar to actual bagpipes. The ancient Greeks knew the bagpipe (askaulos) and among the ancient Romans gaita (tibia utricularis) was the instrument of the Roman infantry, who also played the Emperor Nero.

In Europe there are again taken bagpipe references to the ninth and tenth centuries AD C., and was in the late Middle Ages when the bagpipe achieved great popularity across the continent, entering into decline from the eighteenth century, but survives in the field of popular music and in scattered areas such as Scotland, Spain, Ireland , Britain, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, Germany, Iran, Pakistan, India etc.

Countries and regions that have some sort of bagpipe:

Europe:
Asturias, Germany, Austria, Baleares, Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechoslovakia, Scotland, Slovenia, France, Spain, Wales, Greece, Hungary, Italy, England, Ireland, Macedonia, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Romania, Serbia, Sweden, Ukraine.

Asia:
India, Pakistan, Turkey.

Africa:
Egypt, the Maghreb.

Middle East
Arab countries, Israel

Far East:
Borneo, China, Laos, Japan.

Asia:
India, Pakistan, Turkey.

Africa:
Egypt, the Maghreb.

Middle East
Arab countries, Israel

Far East:
Borneo, China, Laos, Japan.
Bagpipes is not equivalent of Celtic music. Actually the bagpipes are not of celtic origin. However, none of these countries have Celtic folkore

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 1020794 times.

Back